Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d take £15m and wish him the best - he might actually get some service there, rather than one chance a fortnight. He’s a decent lad and has never shirked the battle, but might be better to freshen things up.
Totally agree. And there lies the problem, Messi would struggle for goals playing in front of our midfield

I honestly don't think we will see the best of him next year either.

Some transfers just don't work out or are not the right fit for the player and club. (Torres to Chelsea, Ballotelli - Liverpool as an example)

And I think MCB is one of those. If this isnt some BS I would sell him and give the new manager a large portion of the funds to reinvest.

Whoever is to blame in this, it's clear it's not worked out for Oli and I think it would be better for both parties to part ways. I would watch with interest though to see how he performs with another club...........

It’s got to be bollocks, unless Oli has a bit of Portuguese in him. 🤷‍♂️

It's The Sun.

But if it were true, it'd make business sense to recoup the investment in these dark days.

I'm pretty sure he'd score 20 goals in the Championship next season for us though.

Also it's unbelievable how some fans don't understand how incredibly good/difficult the Premier League is. The world's very best strikers are the ones that look good every week.

It's The Sun.

But if it were true, it'd make business sense to recoup the investment in these dark days.

I'm pretty sure he'd score 20 goals in the Championship next season for us though.
He’s got one goal this year. One.

He’s got seven in 2 seasons.

why are you pretty sure he will get 20 next year?

Sounds like I could be in the minority here but I think he'd do pretty well at wolves. I don't think he'd be a starter but as an impact sub and occasional starter he's decent value for a club with wolves money.

Plus he'd certainly have a better supply line with neves, moutinho, neto etc than what he's had to put up with here.

Having said that if we get anywhere near to £15m with some add on and maybe a sell on clause and I'd take it

If their scouts are watching his goals and games from Swansea they may well see him as a poor man's Jimenez.

I don`t think he suits our system.Perhaps 4-4-2 would be better for him. That said, I don`t think his all round game and technical skills are good enough for the Premier League. Recoup what we can for him and move on.

If there was one club Mcburnie would be a worse fit for than us, it would be Wolves.

He doesn't suit their style at all. Can't see it happening whatsoever
Maybe he'll be a James Hanson 'we can't
break 'em down any other way' tactic?

Nuno must be on something strange......£15m I wouldn't give you 15 pence
Slightly harsh don't you think, come on he's playing in front of a midfield that provide zero, at Wolves he'd have play makers for him allowing him to score. We've scored 17 all season plus I don't see us scoring many more, no matter how you look at it that is wank.

Personally the sooner this season ends the better it's been a disaster since the 1st KO against Wolves, it just makes you wonder what would have happened if Lundstram had scored that pen at Villa could be a totally different scene now. Let's face it yesterday we played in green Leeds in white yet,, our players consistently passed to theirs come on; plus Lundstram couldn't pass wind.

If we got 15 million for him. Who would we sign with it. I’d be looking for a player who is a proven championship goal scorer. Oh wait we’ve just sold him.
He’s been shite but so has many other players this year. Not seen Flecky taking pelters for the disappearing act he’s played for most of this season

He could be quality. Every handful of games he shows us what he can do.
He's wildly inconsistent, but personally I'd like to see him here next season.

However, at £15m+, provided it can be reinvested into midfield, I think we'd be silly not to take it. I still think we can still squeeze what's left out of McGoldrick & Sharp next season & get a decent return from them.

It's a very tough league. For £33m Ollie Watkins has scored in 7 of 30 games and he's in the England squad.

But McBurnie isn't really contributing in the role we use him in. He's not suddenly going to be a dominant CF in the Championship. If we were to somehow become a fluid 433 teamhe coukd work out but I do think the best for everyone involved woukd be him moving on

I think someone who wants to play football and keep the ball on the deck could bring the best out of McBurnie, Wilder wasn’t the man to do this because someone decided to take over his body and turn him into the complete opposite of what made him great and Heckingbottom isn’t the man either as he seems to be taking calls of Wilder before kick off on what to do before and during games.

It’s a real shame how everything has ended up but Wilder has made so many players shitter than when they first arrived which has ultimately overridden how good he made so many average players. What a shambles wilder has made of an unbelievable job he did and McBurnie is the epitome of what we’ve become, through no fault of his own.

I don't know if any of the strikers can score as they have an invisible midfield to set them up.
Should also add Swansea to the list if they get promotion.

I wish we would play him in the Link up roll for one match instead of center forward , he's so much better playing there , i cant believe no one at the club has sussed this out !

Slightly harsh don't you think, come on he's playing in front of a midfield that provide zero, at Wolves he'd have play makers for him allowing him to score. We've scored 17 all season plus I don't see us scoring many more, no matter how you look at it that is wank.

Personally the sooner this season ends the better it's been a disaster since the 1st KO against Wolves, it just makes you wonder what would have happened if Lundstram had scored that pen at Villa could be a totally different scene now. Let's face it yesterday we played in green Leeds in white yet,, our players consistently passed to theirs come on; plus Lundstram couldn't pass wind.
He’s had golden chances to score should have had 3 against Fulham at home 2 against Leeds at home and even more downhill from then on and not half chances

I wish we would play him in the Link up roll for one match instead of center forward , he's so much better playing there , i cant believe no one at the club has sussed this out !
He’s played that role albeit no more than 30 minute stints

He’s had golden chances to score should have had 3 against Fulham at home 2 against Leeds at home and even more downhill from then on and not half chances
Yes he's missed chances but come on we couldn't score in a brothel.

Back
Top Bottom