Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s got one goal this year. One.

He’s got seven in 2 seasons.

why are you pretty sure he will get 20 next year?
Because he's proven himself as a very good Championship striker... and next season we'll be playing in the Championship... and the chances are we'll be in the top half of the league, not having a nightmare season in the world's most difficult league.

I just wish he would stop with giving away needless freekicks by dishing out afters on late challenges that he makes on the halfway line or inside the opposition's half.total waste of time doing it and I'd fine the fucker every time he does it .pisses me off no end.

Does he offer a regular goalscoring threat?
Does he offer link up play, in possession?
Does he bring something else to the team?
Has he radically improved the starting XI that were promoted to the PL?

This squad may need an overhaul, depending on who leaves. It will also need an overhaul of confidence, creativity and tempo. It may set up as 3-5-2, but that is the only similarity to the side that was promoted, there's no confidence, front foot football, risk and reward football - no retention of possession, no overlapping centre backs, no overloads. It's scraps of possession, and the hope that am ageing Didzy sometimes does something.

If selling an (as to now) ineffective McBurnie helps to fund some of that overhaul, then I'm all for it.

If selling an (as to now) ineffective McBurnie helps to fund some of that overhaul, then I'm all for it.
Totally agreed. I was slightly torn on this when I saw the reports yesterday. I'd sort of banked in my mind that it'd likely be a McBurnie and Brewster partnership which would spearhead our attack next season. And given the performances of both players when they were last in the Championship, I don't think it'd be mad to suggest they'd likely be up there as the best strike force in the league.

That said, you're totally right. We've definitely seen bits of McBurnie to suggest he can be a handful at Premier League level, who can score goals, but he's not been a game-changer for us like some of our better players. If the new manager who comes in has slightly different ideas for how he'd like us to play, and doesn't envision a big future for McBurnie, and could use the money to reinforce other areas which badly need it (ie. midfield), I'd understand it. I'd like us to try and squeeze £20 million out of any potential buyer for McBurnie if we could. We paid a similar amount two years ago when we hadn't seen him in the Premier League. For all the shit he gets, for me he's proven that he can play at Premier League level (let's not turn this into another McBurnie debate but my main response to anyone being overly critical is you try playing up front in a team that has created historically low chances for strikers and just lumps the ball up to you) whereas before it was a complete gamble. That plus inflation over the past two years (factoring in Covid too) means we should at least be looking at recouping what we shelled out.

For me Mcburnie fine option off the bench at have at PL level. He’s just never going to score enough to warrant being a first choice - so I could see it if they want a plan B to offer something different.

if you’ve the money to spend and a role in mind for him then he’d be ok. It’s just for me the inconsistent performances don’t warrant being a first choice above championship level.

An Occasional 9 out of ten interspersed with lots of 5/6 out of ten performances where he doesn’t look physically or technically gifted enough to lead the line.

Wonder if all those knocking him will start saying - "he was never that good when he played for us" when he starts banging them in.

Aguero would struggle to score t a season in our side.
The bloody Brazilian 1970 world cup winning side would struggle let alone Aguero!

Get rid and get Leon back, more brains, more idea where the back of the net is.
While were at it get rid of Lunny and get Duffy back.

If Wolves are willing to give us that much money for a bloke who hasn't done very much, with or without an effective midfield, we should snap their hands off.

I'd like us to try and squeeze £20 million out of any potential buyer for McBurnie if we could.
Who the fuck in their right minds is going to give us £20m for him
If Wolves offer anywhere near £15m Id snatch their hands off
Id be very thankful if someone took him for £10m

For all the shit he gets, for me he's proven that he can play at Premier League level
Has he really ?
Hes missed too many 'sitters' hes Championship level at very best

The bloody Brazilian 1970 world cup winning side would struggle let alone Aguero!
Well they probably wouldnt as they would have Carlos Alberto, Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao, Rivelino, Gerson and the like they wouldnt struggle to score at all ;)

The prince has already said that we have too many forwards.

Some are going and if anything around £10m+ comes in for McB then he's off - probably with Moose not far behind as long as someone is daft enough to take him.

Next season it's Brewster = 46 games and 1 other - take your pick: Burke/Billy/McG & possibly promote a youngster into the squad.

UTB

His goal for Barnsley against the pigs (first goal in video above) is so good, I just can't imagine our McBurnie scoring it!!

The prince has already said that we have too many forwards.

Some are going and if anything around £10m+ comes in for McB then he's off - probably with Moose not far behind as long as someone is daft enough to take him.

Next season it's Brewster = 46 games and 1 other - take your pick: Burke/Billy/McG & possibly promote a youngster into the squad.

UTB

I bloody well hope not.
While I think Brewster will come good he is very young too expect him to carry us next season, which he will have too if you are right. Let's face it Burke will do well to get 5 goals, Sharp is nearer 40 than 30 and McGoldrick has long spells when he can't hit a barn door.

If we are looking to get rid of any Strikers and expecting to go straight back up then it has to be
Burke
Sharp
Mousset
McGoldrick
McBurnie
Brewster
In that order.

As stated, Mcburnies game fitting in with Wolves, I don't personally see it, but hope it's true at that price. The Sun and Mr Nixon, could be lazy BH weekend filler journalism.
But then again... .
They've burnt 36m on 18 Yr old Fabio Silva this season, a player not learning, not scoring, way out of his depth, bereft of confidence, His doppelganger on the Lynx deodorant advert has had more screentime of late. Another 'one for the future purchase'. Nunos either been on ebay and purchased a replica of Sufc's transfer Tombola machine, 'He's our man, 50 goals in 185 games'.. or he wants out from Molineaux..
Mcburnie will offer them nothing extra.
I'm in the camp of keeping him if we cannot get double digit millions.
Silva cost about the same as McBurnie and Brewster combined - and he’s got two more Prem goals this season than them combined. Think your assessment of him is a little off.

mcburnie and mousset can both go for me so we will need 1 more striker to come in goldie and billy will be bench players next season

Who the fuck in their right minds is going to give us £20m for him
If Wolves offer anywhere near £15m Id snatch their hands off
Id be very thankful if someone took him for £10m

Has he really ?
Hes missed too many 'sitters' hes Championship level at very best

Well they probably wouldnt as they would have Carlos Alberto, Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao, Rivelino, Gerson and the like they wouldnt struggle to score at all ;)
You are forgetting how we were/are coached! :)

Wouldn't write Moose off just yet. Seems to be actually working hard in the U21s and smiling while playing too which is key

If he can keep his head down and focus on football like he is currently then he will be our biggest threat next season

Wouldn't write Moose off just yet. Seems to be actually working hard in the U21s and smiling while playing too which is key

If he can keep his head down and focus on football like he is currently then he will be our biggest threat next season

Not for me

Seen all this before with him

First and foremost, on his salary the smile on his face should be permanent. It's no good waiting for him to be in a good mood or the right frame of mind just to be able to "hope" he pulls his finger out

On top of that, he's injured more than he's fit

If someone was willing to take him off our hands for a third of what we paid, I'd snatch their hands off

Not for me

Seen all this before with him

First and foremost, on his salary the smile on his face should be permanent. It's no good waiting for him to be in a good mood or the right frame of mind just to be able to "hope" he pulls his finger out

On top of that, he's injured more than he's fit

If someone was willing to take him off our hands for a third of what we paid, I'd snatch their hands off
How much do you think we paid ?

There is absolutely no way he is worth that sort of money...

Back
Top Bottom