Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McBurnie - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC and bagged a few in his first season with us in the PL.
Brewster - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC.
Both are currently playing in an SUFC team that creates about one half-chance per game (in the Championship). Brewster has only ever played for us while we have been creatively inept.

McB and Brewster are clearly not the problem. The lack of creativity is the problem.
We need a midfield and wi get to supply these strikers. It’s quite simple really.

Sure wolves are no longer in for striker seen as they are signing Hwang Hee-Chan?
Wolves are looking for striking reinforcements with just Raul Jimenez and Fabio Silva at the club, and even though RB Leipzig’s South Korea international Hwang Hee-chan looks to be arriving, McBurnie is also on the shortlist as well
FLW

McBurnie - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC and bagged a few in his first season with us in the PL.
Brewster - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC.
Both are currently playing in an SUFC team that creates about one half-chance per game (in the Championship). Brewster has only ever played for us while we have been creatively inept.

McB and Brewster are clearly not the problem. The lack of creativity is the problem.
Sorry but I've lost count of the times that I've seen McBurnie try a first time shot, miss the ball and it's hit his standing leg and trickled out. Or try and head a cross and it's hit his shoulder and looped up and over. He did one yesterday. He really is shit. He's like the kid who's picked last in the schoolyard, just to even the sides up.

McBurnie's stock is low at present. However, when you think back to his first season with us, he looked good. Think Leicester at home and his superb headed goal. Any striker needs opportunities and, for the last 18 months, he has been playing in a struggling side bereft of creativity. His confidence, therefore, is understandably low, but he'll prove his worth in time - if not here then elsewhere.

Don't wish to get anyone's hopes up so this isn't a rumour at present.

But Newcastle have just triggered a 20m release clause on Chris Wood's contract.

To me that leaves then one big striker short and in desperate need of a replacement. Not replacing him doesn't seem an option.

Would it not be feasible that over the last few years McBurnie fulfilled a similar role for us?

I can imagine them coming in with a loan offer at first. Worst case you'd save his wages in full and then could be asking for a hefty loan fee.

Alternatively you could simply say "look you've just got 20m incoming. Give us a percentage of that for a one for one swap".

We'd obviously like as much as possible but maybe this is where the Jan window works in our favour. There are not that many options of that type who would go to Burnley and you can imagine they wouldn't be in for the likes of Bereton Diaz because Blackburn would want too much.

Giving us 12-15m would seem to suit all parties to an extent. On one hand you could argue we'd want to recoup what we paid, on the other you'd say his value has dropped over the past year.

Something to keep an eye on.

The only issue with the theory is how bloody desperate would they have to be to waste any money on McSocialmedia.

Anyone who has watched his dismal lacklustre performances when he actually managed to get himself near a football pitch would realise he is a busted flush.

I cannot see him troubling the Prem again. His career is only heading one way.

But Newcastle have just triggered a 20m release clause on Chris Wood's contract.

To me that leaves then one big striker short and in desperate need of a replacement. Not replacing him doesn't seem an option.

Would it not be feasible that over the last few years McBurnie fulfilled a similar role for us?

I can imagine them coming in with a loan offer at first. Worst case you'd save his wages in full and then could be asking for a hefty loan fee.

Alternatively you could simply say "look you've just got 20m incoming. Give us a percentage of that for a one for one swap".

We'd obviously like as much as possible but maybe this is where the Jan window works in our favour. There are not that many options of that type who would go to Burnley and you can imagine they wouldn't be in for the likes of Bereton Diaz because Blackburn would want too much.

Giving us 12-15m would seem to suit all parties to an extent. On one hand you could argue we'd want to recoup what we paid, on the other you'd say his value has dropped over the past year.

I did wonder the same. According to Skysports, Burnley have two potential replacements in mind and although no names were mentioned, the report said both of their targets are based abroad. Also said Burnley want to add pace, versatility and someone who is capable of playing across the frontline, which would likely rule out McB. In reality based on his performances for us, he would be doing very well to get a move back to the premier league.

I did wonder the same. According to Skysports, Burnley have two potential replacements in mind and although no names were mentioned, the report said both of their targets are based abroad. Also said Burnley want to add pace, versatility and someone who is capable of playing across the frontline, which would likely rule out McB. In reality based on his performances for us, he would be doing very well to get a move back to the premier league.
If Burnley come in for Mcburnie I will run down the street naked celebrating.

Sad fact is, they would have to be dafter than us, if they even remotely considered him as an adequate replacement for Wood.

McBurnie isn’t even close to being the same type of Striker as Chris Wood.

McBurnie isn’t even close to being the same type of Striker as Chris Wood.
Wish someone had told Wilder that!

Spent two years trying to turn him into Jon Parkin!

I heard Dykes was linked, guy from QPR.

It’s an option I could see Burnley looking at.

But with the currently state of the financial climate and the fact he’s done nothing positive for nearly 18 months, his contract is winding down.

No chance we get 12m back for him imo. unless someone is desperate

This is why so many of our fans have a problem with McBurnie. They think he's shit because he was used wrong.
He’s been used in a variety of positions across the top of the pitch. Failed spectacularly in all of them.

You just can’t compensate for the lack of ability clearly evident game after game. It’s not as if he has physical attributes to make up for the lack of ability either.

Maybe a stint as back up to Wes in the sticks could be worth a shot ?

Wouldn’t hold mi breath though 😉

UTB

It’s an option I could see Burnley looking at.

But with the currently state of the financial climate and the fact he’s done nothing positive for nearly 18 months, his contract is winding down.

No chance we get 12m back for him imo. unless someone is desperate
Let's hope they are!

I can’t see anyone ever coming in for McBurnie, he’s clearly a fucking idiot, he’s unprofessional and apparently has very little interest in being a professional footballer, beyond the lifestyle it affords him.

These facts are indisputable and obvious to anyone with any semblance of common sense. Christ only knows what Wilder was thinking ? 😤

I can’t see anyone ever coming in for McBurnie, he’s clearly a fucking idiot, he’s unprofessional and apparently has very little interest in being a professional footballer, beyond the lifestyle it affords him.

These facts are indisputable and obvious to anyone with any semblance of common sense. Christ only knows what Wilder was thinking ? 😤

Please provide the evidence that suggests "he’s unprofessional and apparently has very little interest in being a professional footballer, beyond the lifestyle it affords him"

"I can’t see anyone ever coming in for McBurnie"

Apart from Wolves and Burnley who are both premier league teams and probably spend millions on scouting every year

What proof do we have that wolves and Burnley are in for him?
I made the suggestion yesterday on the general site just saying tongue in cheek that the reason McBurnie wasn’t included at Wolves perhaps Burnley had alre made a move knowing Woods was off 🤷‍♂️

Please provide the evidence that suggests "he’s unprofessional and apparently has very little interest in being a professional footballer, beyond the lifestyle it affords him"

Apart from Wolves and Burnley who are both premier league teams and probably spend millions on scouting every year
Banned for drink driving, scrapping in the street and getting filmed two acts of stupidity from a professional footballer .

Just two glaring examples.

If he stopped focussing on his prolific social media presence and took Billy's approach to physical fitness which sees him fitter than ever he may regain his reputation.

Forums always seem To be inhabited by people who will say anything just to get attention. They do Not add anything only provide contra argument to boost their own ego as someone invariably responds.
Sad but true

I don’t need to justify or otherwise evidence ‘my’ opinion to you, do I?

Nevertheless, I know you’re a huge fan and would have him in your starting line up every week, when he hasn’t got Covid. So on that basis, I’d like to draw your attention to the disclaimer that applies to you, in the first line of the second paragraph my original post.

You’re welcome 😉

Forums always seem To be inhabited by people who will say anything just to get attention. They do Not add anything only provide contra argument to boost their own ego as someone invariably responds.
Sad but true

People having a different point of view to yours on an internet forum crazy

People having a different point of view to yours on an internet forum crazy
Not me, seemingly everyone and Usually based on unsubstantiated “facts“.

Surprising that you assumed I was talking about you, speaks volumes!

Come on mate, you don't live under a rock. McBurnie's been involved in enough off-field incidents since being here. He comes across as a total pillock on his social media.

Rarely looks interested when he's in warmups, or on the sidelines, seen laughing and joking whilst we're losing, he openly admits he's "been wank since (he's) been here" and that he doesn't like training or the gym.

He never looks a goal threat. He occasionally links OK. But his impact on most games is minimal and that's being kind.

Come on mate, you don't live under a rock. McBurnie's been involved in enough off-field incidents since being here. He comes across as a total pillock on his social media.

Rarely looks interested when he's in warmups, or on the sidelines, seen laughing and joking whilst we're losing, he openly admits he's "been wank since (he's) been here" and that he doesn't like training or the gym.

He never looks a goal threat. He occasionally links OK. But his impact on most games is minimal and that's being kind.

As much as I do love winding people up on here about Mcburnie because there so easy to get a nibble off I do think McBurnie is a good prem player as he showed in our first season and a top top player at this level the championship

I understand he looks lethargic because of the way he runs and how he wears his socks but i don't think you could say he isn't committed he put his self about more than any other striker we have

Mcburnie was very good in the first season we were in the prem and he has done very little since then however he has been injured for large parts out with covid or not played for some reason by Slav

And just because he wears clothes that you would wear doesn't mean he is a pillock , id say defending yourself after getting set upon in the street and paying for a Swansea fans funeral is the exact opposite of been a pillock

If he gets fithe is an asset to us thats a big if though as he clearly hasn't in about 12 months

As much as I do love winding people up on here about Mcburnie because there so easy to get a nibble off I do think McBurnie is a good prem player as he showed in our first season and a top top player at this level the championship

I understand he looks lethargic because of the way he runs and how he wears his socks but i don't think you could say he isn't committed he put his self about more than any other striker we have

Mcburnie was very good in the first season we were in the prem and he has done very little since then however he has been injured for large parts out with covid or not played for some reason by Slav

And just because he wears clothes that you would wear doesn't mean he is a pillock , id say defending yourself after getting set upon in the street and paying for a Swansea fans funeral is the exact opposite of been a pillock

If he gets fithe is an asset to us thats a big if though as he clearly hasn't in about 12 months

Billy Sharp & McGoldrick put in far more of a shift than McBurnie. As does Oli Burke. The effort levels from McBurnie are poor.

I'd also love to know your definition of "very good." Because he certainly didn't appear it to me in our first season in the Prem. He'd have a good game 1 in every 5 or 6, then slowly regress until he was benched.

He even says himself that he's been wank. Your assessment that he's a top player at PL level is ludicrous given his performances. And he may have been very good at this level once upon a time, but that was a long time ago now & he's done nothing in his time here and 3 managers haven't fancied starting him. I agree with his own assessment.

Back
Top Bottom