Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can get that back for him i'd be suprised let him go

Hope this is true. Would take that immediately. Not only has he proven he’s not good enough, it’d increase our ability to say no to other bids for better players.

I still don't know what sort of striker McBurnie is supposed to be.

It's like watching someone with their shoe laces tied together when you see him run with the ball.

He looks more like Rhys Ifans than an athlete.

I read somewhere that Wilder spent 17.5m on him and tried to turn him into John Parkin.

I wouldn't say he's a target man. He just happens to be tall. He's decent in the air but he's not the atypical target man.

I'm quite surprised he scored the goals he did for Swansea in the Championship. When you look at Billy and the poacher's effort against West Brom, this isn't the sort of finish I associate with McBurnie.

Wilder made some bad buys at the top level and as a collective somehow the group managed a 9th place finish.

I'm not overly convinced the 120m spent made much of a difference. 13m of it have been shipped off in no time with Freeman and Robinson.

I mean, let's be fair, first season we were up, the back 8 were from the promoted group. Mousse and McBurnie finished with 6 each. Would Sharp and McGoldrick not have managed that if they played all the matches? Offloading Burke for Robinson isn't looking too clever after yesterday either!

The more we can get back from some of these signings the better. Getting close to our money back on McBurnie, I'd take that. You still have enough in reserve. I still see Billy having a prominent role. He's not finished yet at that level. Maybe you do persevere with Ramsdale and Brewster though even then, if someone offered your money back you'd need to reconsider.

I'd not be against this deal at all. I don't see McBurnie going from scoring 1 all season back to prolific. Better to have someone with confidence on far more manageable wages.

As stated, Mcburnies game fitting in with Wolves, I don't personally see it, but hope it's true at that price. The Sun and Mr Nixon, could be lazy BH weekend filler journalism.
But then again... .
They've burnt 36m on 18 Yr old Fabio Silva this season, a player not learning, not scoring, way out of his depth, bereft of confidence, His doppelganger on the Lynx deodorant advert has had more screentime of late. Another 'one for the future purchase'. Nunos either been on ebay and purchased a replica of Sufc's transfer Tombola machine, 'He's our man, 50 goals in 185 games'.. or he wants out from Molineaux..
Mcburnie will offer them nothing extra.
I'm in the camp of keeping him if we cannot get double digit millions.

Sounds like I could be in the minority here but I think he'd do pretty well at wolves. I don't think he'd be a starter but as an impact sub and occasional starter he's decent value for a club with wolves money.

Plus he'd certainly have a better supply line with neves, moutinho, neto etc than what he's had to put up with here.

Having said that if we get anywhere near to £15m with some add on and maybe a sell on clause and I'd take it

I wanted United to sign him and I defended his performances last season. But he now looks like a player who suited a very specific style of play at Barnsley/Swansea that I doubt we'll ever have.

He has absolutely zero versatility and the things he was poor at when he signed are as bad, if not worse (which also makes me question our coaching and conditioning work. He's not the only player who's failed to improve/got worse).

I don't like the vitriol he takes, especially those questioning his commitment and how he lives his life. He seems a likable, if daft kid and I wish him well. But I don't think it's going to work for him here

He'll no doubt do better in a different system but unless we're starting from scratch next season I'd snap their hand off.

My lasting memory of McBurnie is Wilder having to shout at him constantly throughout games to get him to put a shift in.

The only thing McBurnie does well is when he helps out in defence. He has one of the weakest shots I’ve ever seen and spends too much time strolling around giving silly free kicks away. He has been a terrible signing. I’d much rather we persisted with Brewster who at least shows brief glimpses of quality.

We’d regret letting him go, but given some of the options against him and our position maybe it’s worth considering. But we need to push them upto what we paid for him.
All those laying into him don’t seem to have any thoughts as to why a well respected coach with a lauded recruitment team would be looking at him when they don’t want him.

I don't know where Swansea's version of McBurnie went, but it's not the same version that we signed.
If Wolves really are offering £15m then take it. The bonus is that he won't be scoring against us next season!

Maybe he'll come good learning with from Raul Jiminez, for my money one of the best centre forwards in the league.

If true he will do well at Wolves they create chances for their Strikers and don't just hoof it up to them, 15 million will look like a steal. Oli will be really looking forward to playing facing the goal rather than having to play with his back to goal all the time.

This is exactly why I find player valuations in England to be the most ridiculously inflated in world football.

There is not another league on earth where a dumpling who has so spectacularly failed to make the step up a division would still be valued at that price with a straight face.

It's insane.

Back
Top Bottom