Outgoing? McBurnie to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
You’d get £5-£10m at the very least, if we was under contract for a few more seasons. But we don’t do contract extensions any more. Cue the same for Baldock, Wes, Jebbison, Egan etc.

McBurnie is out of contract in July 2024, so no fee for us I’m afraid - hence why he can sign a pre-contract agreement with Rangers in January.

Another fantastic example of The Prince’s transfer policy!

Probably need a good clear out anyway ready for next season. New squad with new approach and tactics.

But surely get players under contract so we get some transfer receipt coming in for us to then spend on replacements? Otherwise aren’t we clearing players out with no money to replace them? Feels like a strange approach to me.

But surely get players under contract so we get some transfer receipt for us to spend? Otherwise aren’t we clearing players out with no money to replace them? Feels like a strange approach to me.
If they won't sign a new contract....... we've been there recently. Getting them on new contracts is obviously preferred.

The way that they are perfoming at the minute, not giving 2 fks, leaves me with the same thought processes.

The club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

Didn't realise he was a Rangers fan, I might have finally gone off the lad

Bit before advert is "mcburnies thoughts on signing a new deal" or words to that affect.

Seems happy enough to me. Stir click bait because them pigs are making a show of themselves
What's McBurney got to do with Volvo EX30's ?
Given the nature of the clubs involved if he went to Ibrox it would make more sense to link it to a Ford Ranger. The new shaped headlights or the LED's on the Volvo are more "Thor's Hammer" in design not at all reminiscent of " Blades " or even swords.
Very odd.

What's McBurney got to do with Volvo EX30's ?
Given the nature of the clubs involved if he went to Ibrox it would make more sense to link it to a Ford Ranger. The new shaped headlights or the LED's on the Volvo are more "Thor's Hammer" in design not at all reminiscent of " Blades " or even swords.
Very odd.
His earhole fits locking nut exactly, not many people know that.

Haven't we already opened talks re: an extension?

Priority alongside signings should have been a new deal for McBurnie. They didn’t because their focus was all over the place and now we’ll lose him for free.

With Archer going back to Villa in the summer I look forward to Brewster realising his potential alongside Osula.

Aye
If anyone (else) reads & distills the article (sic) you will learn that
McB contract expires June 24 ((ergo he can sign a pre contract in Jan 24)

McB is purported to be a Frankenrangers fan (albeit stating he’d “definitely” like to stay @ Bramall Lane)

Why doesn’t the headline read

‘Oli McBurnie’s Sheffield United future admission about a new contract : It’s a no brainer; I love it here”

🤔

Thoughts on Mcburnie's ability are largely moot. We aren't in a financial position to lose him on a free; it's as simple as that. Even if you value him at only, say 3-5 million, losing him on a free means you have to find that next season to sign a replacement with similar ability. We need four strikers next season. At the moment we have Osula and Traore under contract. This needed sorting ages ago. God knows what's up with Jebbo, but that situation doesn't look promising.

You’d get £5-£10m at the very least, if we was under contract for a few more seasons. But we don’t do contract extensions any more. Cue the same for Baldock, Wes, Jebbison, Egan etc.

It's all part of the plan.... we wait.... until it's too late

There's no point offering new contracts to players with the intention of selling them if no one is going to buy them. Which of our current players is anyone going to buy based on this season? There won't even be interest in Hamer given his performances. Baldock is probably the only one, maybe, and he's one of the only few to consider retaining.

McBurnie was signed to score goals. Over the last four seasons he hasn't delivered. He had a hot streak before the World Cup break, but even then he didn't finish as one of the top strikers in the Championship, despite playing for a top two side. He can walk for free for me. He's another player, like Berge, who I'll barely mention in 10 years when I talk about Sheffield United.

Let Rangers have him. He'll probably get injured again after signing a pre-contract agreement anyway.

I have no faith in McBurnie playing or scoring regularly this season, though he has his uses as a foil for Archer and defensively. He'll play about 20 games and score 3 or 4 if we keep him.

Given his injury and goals record he's not a player I would want around next season anyway.

My strong suspicion is that he will be sold in January, and will not be replaced as we have given up on the season.

I have no faith in McBurnie playing or scoring regularly this season, though he has his uses as a foil for Archer and defensively. He'll play about 20 games and score 3 or 4 if we keep him.

Given his injury and goals record he's not a player I would want around next season anyway.

My strong suspicion is that he will be sold in January, and will not be replaced as we have given up on the season.

Why would anyone buy him in Jan when they can get him for nowt in the summer?

Why would anyone buy him in Jan when they can get him for nowt in the summer?
Our negotiating power will be a zero. They can say let me take him now for 500k or we wait. If we are already down then we would take it.

You don’t want him the championship. Wow.

No, because he will be injured a lot as usual, and his scoring record for us has been underwhelming to say the least, one purple patch aside.
He scored 15 last season.

Please give me some names of strikers for next season that you believe we will be available for free (as that’s our budget) who would get 15 goals.

Upon that being difficult you can even go back in time and look to name a few free strikers from previous seasons who were free and scored 15.

He scored 15 last season.

Please give me some names of strikers for next season that you believe we will be available for free (as that’s our budget) who would get 15 goals.

Upon that being difficult you can even go back in time and look to name a few free strikers from previous seasons who were free and scored 15.
He scored 13 in 38 league games. That's decent, but the year before he scored zero. this year he has one pen and he's injured again.

I don't play the names game. I don't know other team's players. What I do know is we keep signing and retaining players with poor injury records and it is proving to be a disaster.

Tell Rangers, £12m in January, you've got to have some cheek😅

Back
Top Bottom