4 x surplus to requirements, money available, big money loans...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wouldn’t want us to go wild on loans. Loans with a view to buy or taking over some contracts be better longer term.

Loan with an option to buy for Ndiaye would be money well spent.

Cant do anything with Basham unless he retires and why would he do that before the end of the season?
Paying him up wouldn't be a bad thing to do and would free up a number.

Backs up what was written in The Athletic yesterday.

Saying that we could be the surprise biggest spenders of the bottom 3.
Backs up what Wilder said or should that be the other way round ?

traore would benefit from a loan to a lower end championship side in january somewhere where he would get game time

Thomas is literally surplus to requirements and should be terminated if at all possible.
Fleck has nothing to contribute and shouldn't be anywhere near the 25 for the second half of the season.
Traore should be loaned for his own good.
Coulibaly never seems likely to be involved so may as well offload him if we can get a fee.
Jebbison hasn't been able to play and will be off in the summer, so if we can get good money for him, we may as well take it.
If we bring in a number one keeper, Adam Davies should be gone.
Dependng on who we bring in, getting rid of Slimane, McBurnie and Norwood would all be possible but that bigger rebuild probably comes in the summer. Getting rid of deadwood, getting money where possible for people who aren't involved and bringing in 3 or 4 quality players should be the focus for Jan.

Sold or released - Fleck and Coulibaly because they're not good enough/disappeared again/injury prone.

Loans returned - Thomas and Larouci because they're not good enough and not needed.

There's your four unless Jebbison refuses a new deal then I'd look to cash in on him like Berge and Ndiaye.

Thomas is literally surplus to requirements and should be terminated if at all possible.
Fleck has nothing to contribute and shouldn't be anywhere near the 25 for the second half of the season.
Traore should be loaned for his own good.
Coulibaly never seems likely to be involved so may as well offload him if we can get a fee.
Jebbison hasn't been able to play and will be off in the summer, so if we can get good money for him, we may as well take it.
If we bring in a number one keeper, Adam Davies should be gone.
Dependng on who we bring in, getting rid of Slimane, McBurnie and Norwood would all be possible but that bigger rebuild probably comes in the summer. Getting rid of deadwood, getting money where possible for people who aren't involved and bringing in 3 or 4 quality players should be the focus for Jan.

I wouldn't be looking to offload Slimane. Think he could have a lot to offer.

If Prince is sanctioning a big spend, clearly he hasn't given up on survival. In which case, why the fk did he take so long to sack a hopeless manager?

And I'm not sure I'd want us to go for expensive loans. Because really, who are we going to finish above, barring maybe the other promoted 2? We're still as good as down

The bulk of what we spend needs to be on building a better squad
Hate to say it but it worked for Florist last season. I do also appreciate they ain't pulling up any trees this season, pardon the pun UTB

traore would benefit from a loan to a lower end championship side in january somewhere where he would get game time
I think there is a player there maybe not prem quality however would be a good asset in the championship

I wonder if HRH assumed we’d be buggered by now and well adrift instead of in touching distance still. Maybe he thinks there’s more of a chance than he first thought given how poor the bottom few are. I did wonder if Chris would have wanted to be assured of some ambition before coming back. Time will tell

Are we not buggered already? Unfortunately, I can't see a scenario by which Utd could catch three other sides - Forest, Palace, Bournemouth and especially Everton are all but certain to pick up enough points to stay ahead of Utd. The impact of being thoroughly unprepared at the start of the season and not picking up points as a result e.g. Palace, Scabs Everton, will be the reason the club will be relegated, regardless of how much is spent in Jan.

You would expect a judgement call by the Board ahead of JTW, whether they feel increasing spend this season is worth it or whether the resources should be held onto for next season to provide the club with the best possible chance of getting straight back up.

Paying him up wouldn't be a bad thing to do and would free up a number.

The club can reset its Prem squad in Jan regardless of any action taken with Basham. I don't see any benefit whasoever of releasing him now and it would appear to be cold hearted given his length of service. A testimonial (to mark his 10 years at the club) and a send off in summer would be much more fitting a send-off IMHO.

Sold or released - Fleck and Coulibaly because they're not good enough/disappeared again/injury prone.

Loans returned - Thomas and Larouci because they're not good enough and not needed.

There's your four unless Jebbison refuses a new deal then I'd look to cash in on him like Berge and Ndiaye.

Depending on the terms of the loan but it's quite likely that any loans terminated in Jan would still have to be paid-up in full.

Are we not buggered already? Unfortunately, I can't see a scenario by which Utd could catch three other sides - Forest, Palace, Bournemouth and especially Everton are all but certain to pick up enough points to stay ahead of Utd. The impact of being thoroughly unprepared at the start of the season and not picking up points as a result e.g. Palace, Scabs Everton, will be the reason the club will be relegated, regardless of how much is spent in Jan.

You would expect a judgement call by the Board ahead of JTW, whether they feel increasing spend this season is worth it or whether the resources should be held onto for next season to provide the club with the best possible chance of getting straight back up.
More buggered then. I agree that we’re almost guaranteed to go down probably with Luton and Burnley, but as it stands none of us are cut adrift. I for one thought we’d be a significant distance from safety by now but actually we’re not due to the ineptitude of multiple teams and Everton getting a deduction. I guess it boils down to do we try to have a go at staying up or just roll over. Were we ten points or more behind everyone then save the money for next season if not it’s a more difficult call.

More buggered then. I agree that we’re almost guaranteed to go down probably with Luton and Burnley, but as it stands none of us are cut adrift. I for one thought we’d be a significant distance from safety by now but actually we’re not due to the ineptitude of multiple teams and Everton getting a deduction. I guess it boils down to do we try to have a go at staying up or just roll over. Were we ten points or more behind everyone then save the money for next season if not it’s a more difficult call.

Yep, likely a judgement call following the Xmas fixtures. CW will certainly push for reinforcements but spending money, especially on loans, when the club is >95% certain to be relegated at the costs of next season's budget (for which a huge overhaul will be required / inevitable due to the contractual situation of a large number of players), would be plain daft.

Jan may be prep ahead of that - try to get a fee for Jebbison, move a few on, get the odd one in etc. It will be difficult to recruit quality however with the club rock bottom and likely playing Champ football next season, other than bargains whose contracts expire in summer.

Not adrift but we are 6 points short - 7 when you look at goal difference or even 10 to look at Palace. With how Everton are playing at the moment, I think it won't be long before they are safe and probably not in the picture. We have to play the bottom 4, 4 times and hope that someone goes into free fall which is either going to be Forest or Palace. More chance that it is Forest but we still have to better their results by +4 and hope we leapfrog Luton and Burnley too.

Fleck almost certainly one of them.

How many LBs / LWBs do we have ?
At least one too many I would suggest.

That’s 2.

Osula and One would benefit from 6 month loans. Peck and Seriki too.

Additionally we have regular first team starters that are not contracted beyond the summer. Decisions will need to be made. I’d therefore assume several might depart in Jan.

We might just need 5 or more new bodies in the building come January !

UTB

Fleck almost certainly one of them.

How many LBs / LWBs do we have ?
At least one too many I would suggest.

That’s 2.

Osula and One would benefit from 6 month loans. Peck and Seriki too.

Additionally we have regular first team starters that are not contracted beyond the summer. Decisions will need to be made. I’d therefore assume several might depart in Jan.

We might just need 5 or more new bodies in the building come January !

UTB
Agreed however I don't think we have the resources available to offload Osula as well. In an ideal world he would be in the EFL developing. Give it 6 months or so and he might be again with us but when he is in the plans of CW, or at least in the team, keep him playing

I wouldn't be looking to offload Slimane. Think he could have a lot to offer.
I agree mate Slimane looks ok to me when he has come on .I agree with others the guy has put on the list but i don't think Slimane has had a chance to shine yet .

Back
Top Bottom