What’s your team for the rest of the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
Suppose we get Baldock back, Brereton-Diaz back, McBurnie back, Archer back before the next game as well as Slimane.

No Egan, Bash, Lowe, Norrington-Davies, Jebbison or Brewster.

What’s your team to attack the final 10 games, pull off the miracle of all miracles or at least restore some pride?

I’m going for:

Grbic
Holgate Anel Robinson
Baldock Arblaster Souza Hamer Osborn
McAtee
Brereton-Diaz

Bit of a toss up between Brereton-Diaz and Archer but the former has a bit more presence. Got McBurnie in the mix but I think he’d be more suited to finish games. Still have Davies and Brooks if required.

What are you going with?

Suppose we get Baldock back, Brereton-Diaz back, McBurnie back, Archer back before the next game as well as Slimane.

What’s your team to attack the final 10 games, pull off the miracle of all miracles or at least restore some pride?

I’m going for:

Grbic
Holgate Anel Robinson
McAtee
Brereton-Diaz

Bit of a toss up between Brereton-Diaz and Archer but the former has a bit more presence. Got McBurnie in the mix but I think he’d be more suited to finish games. Still have Davies and Brooks if required.

What are you going with?
Man City

I’m going for:

Grbic
Holgate Anel Robinson
McAtee
Brereton-Diaz

What are you going with?

I'm not playing anyone who hasn't signed a new contract

I'm also not playing anyone who doesn't want to be here (Anel) or isn't playing for the team (Souza)

I am however playing those who strongly believe have 1 year options on (Bogle, Ozzy and Lowe (although injured))

I am also playing loan players as they will always be a staple of our team every season so no point ignoring them.

I'd like to see Hamer playing in the Duffy role with 2 strikers up top

Therefore this would be my team;

1710745036950.png

I'm also not playing anyone who doesn't want to be here (Anel) or isn't playing for the team (Souza)

I am however playing those who strongly believe have 1 year options on (Bogle, Ozzy and Lowe (although injured))

I am also playing loan players as they will always be a staple of our team every season so no point ignoring them.

View attachment 180716
Jesus, that team would get hammered each week*

*please note this comment will apply to any XI selected from the current squad 😉

Joking aside(ish!), I do like the idea of Hamer in the Duffy role, certainly for next season. I wouldn’t mind Callum O’Hare in there either and Hamer a little further back with Arblaster.

I don’t think the team needs that much tweaking to be competitive at the level below. It’s simply the gulf in quality between the Championship and the Premier League is so big.

Jesus, that team would get hammered each week*

*please note this comment will apply to any XI selected from the current squad 😉

Joking aside(ish!), I do like the idea of Hamer in the Duffy role, certainly for next season. I wouldn’t mind Callum O’Hare in there either and Hamer a little further back with Arblaster.

I don’t think the team needs that much twerking by to be competitive at the level below. It’s simply the gulf in quality between the Championship and the Premier League is so big.
Possibly (probably) would get smashed each week lol....but at least gives us a little continuation forward planning going into next season.

Grbic
Baldock Anel JRob Osborn
Souza Hamer Arblaster
Archer Diaz McAtee

Bench
Wes
Curtis
Trusty
Davies
Slimane
Brooks
Osula

Why are you rewarding Anel?

I guess you were also in support of continuosly playing Lundstram in our last relegation season when he too wanted out.

Why are you rewarding Anel?

I guess you were also in support of continuosly playing Lundstram in our last relegation season when he too wanted out.
Nope I’ve not seen anywhere near the towel throwing from Anel that I saw from Lundstram.

Anel is one of few players who actually have a contract that doesn’t end this season and unless you’ve got some knowledge I don’t I’ve not seen Anel make a statement saying he wants to leave.

View attachment 180716
So by playing a weaker side you are content with losing? All players are under contract and playing for there futures be it here or somewhere else.
Wilder and his coaches have the decisions to make ! if he takes the ones out of contract out of the equation so be it.
They should know by now the ones who are up for it !.

Until we are mathematicaly sure of relegation
I’d play what could be our “ strongest?” Team
Then revert to a team -tactics for next season
Bring in and blood some youngsters , it won’t be on a direct up flight for them or us , they will make some mistakes but it won’t do them any harm in the long run and that’s how we all learn in life
I’ve suggested playing Hamer in the Duffy role behind a 2 already elsewhere on here it’ll be were we see the best of him next year in our promotion push
Id agree with leaving Anel - Souza on the bench
Unfortunately we’ll have to play Mcburnie ( before he fucks off for nowt to Rangers )
My aim get to 20 points don’t concede 95 goats
Beat Burnley & Forest at home

I can't even tell you what our strongest team is, and haven't all season.

That's been the issue, in the 19/20 season you could name 10 definite starters and the only variable was who was going to partner Didzy up front. This season, partly due to injuries and suspensions but mainly due to players been utter dogshit, you'd struggle to name 3 players that people would unanimously agree are starters.

Grbic - Trusty, Robinson, Ahmedhodzic - WB roulette, Blaster, Hamer, Brooks, Baldock - Osula, Jebbison

4-4-1-1

Gk Grbic

Rb Baldock
Lb Osborn
Cb Ahmedhodzic
Cb Robinson

Lw - Brereton Diaz
Rw - Mcatee
Cm - Arblaster
Cm - Davies

Cf - archer
10 - Brooks

Subs Hamer, Souza, Trusty, Osula, Bogle, and kids

I watched Athletico v Barca last nite.

What a lovely stadium the Metropolitano is...............why did Grbic leave that place for TOBDTBL.

Barca for me.

I watched Athletico v Barca last nite.

What a lovely stadium the Metropolitano is...............why did Grbic leave that place for TOBDTBL.

Barca for me.

I miss the atmosphere at the old Vincente Calderon stadium , I went in December to the Metropolitano and its very impressive, but the atmospheres not as intense.
on the way there was sad going past the old stadium as its being totally renovated , the old stand over the road will be the last go
images (1).jpg20960730-7681455-Road_still_runs_through_the_old_Main_Stand_but_the_M30_now_also_-a-81_1573658...jpg

to be replaced with this
H4V5Q6MICSAIBWH6SNHXOPAWOM.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose a lot depends on what has been agreed at the meeting CW has had with the Prince. Is CW going to be here for next season? Are we still believing we can stay up and therefore play our strongest team, not that we really have one 🙄? Are we giving up and preparing for next season, blooding the youngsters and not selecting players who, for whatever reason, won't be here, irrespective of more heavy defeats? Deciding on a new system, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 etc, or sticking with 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 that we intend to use next season and get the selected players more conversant and comfortable with it, again irrespective of results? Plus who will be available due to the injuries? I think the answer is, your guess is as good as mine. I'll wait and see. Don't think it's going to be pretty, whichever team is selected. But, hey ho, I'll still be there.

i think robinson and trusty can only be competing for one spot next season think we will sign worrall from forest and have him competing with egan for the other centre back role want to see an end to this 3 centre back gig and play 4312 with hamer just in behind the front 2 in a free role maybe arblaster davies and brooks as the 3 and dreaming i know but brereton-diaz and archer as the front 2 baldock and a fit rnd as the full backs

We do need to blood the kids because if they experience the PL it will toughen them up for the Championship and treat the rest of the matches like a pre-season pre-season.

Lets face it team next year will be the kids plus experience.

If we played that 4-1-4-1 from Wilders first few games.

Grbic
Baldock-Holgate-Robbo-Osborn
Davies
McAtee-Arblaster-Hamer-BBD
Archer

If we continued with 3-5-2.

Grbic
Holgate-Robbo-Trusty
Baldock-Arblaster-Davies-Hamer-Osborn
Mcburnie-BBD

Grbic

Bogle / Baldock / Robbo / Anel / Ozzy

Hamer / Arblaster / Davies

Mcburnie / BBD

The midfield I would play that no matter what as that has the capability to get us promoted in the Championship. So I would be working heavily on that. Souza can come and go into the side if we are keeping him next season.

Back
Top Bottom