4 x surplus to requirements, money available, big money loans...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just watching Leicester against Brum. How come they got a brilliant player like Stephy Mavididi from Montpelier for £6.5 million? Who actually does do our player spotting and recruitment nowadays?

They probably got him the same way they got Kante - by having a scouting network that extends outside the S postcode area

I've no problem with investment in January, provided it's with an eye on building towards a promotion winning squad next season or the season after. We're as good as gone this season, loans etc. are a waste of resources.
This. We aren’t finishing above 3 sides this season.

Norwood could probably play for a top half championship team until he’s near 40 so I’d be reluctant to let him leave as he would improve a competitor. We do need to move on from him though, squad player would be fine but not sure the wages he commands would reflect that.

I've no problem with investment in January, provided it's with an eye on building towards a promotion winning squad next season or the season after. We're as good as gone this season, loans etc. are a waste of resources.
i think youve nailed it with that post captain and think chris and the club are thinking the same the 3 promoted sides will all go back down only forest being dragged in to it can stop that scenario for me the next 2 transfer windows will see a major transformation of our squad imo with many old faces being shown the door

i think youve nailed it with that post captain and think chris and the club are thinking the same the 3 promoted sides will all go back down only forest being dragged in to it can stop that scenario for me the next 2 transfer windows will see a major transformation of our squad imo with many old faces being shown the door

It's time for a complete revamp of the squad, yes it might take a few windows to do it but we can't carry on with the same old faces and the shite what Hecky's brought in! I'm all for blooding the young ones as well.

Id been told that Wilder was pleasantly surprised by what was has been given to him. Expensive high high-quality loans make the most sense IMO. Whilst Id like to build a squad seeing as come July we wont have one The price wants to sell so he's gambling which he has form for. Spend big to avoid relegation and sell a premier league club rather than a Championship one, let the squad overhaul/rebuild be someone else's headache.

Are we not buggered already? Unfortunately, I can't see a scenario by which Utd could catch three other sides - Forest, Palace, Bournemouth and especially Everton are all but certain to pick up enough points to stay ahead of Utd. The impact of being thoroughly unprepared at the start of the season and not picking up points as a result e.g. Palace, Scabs Everton, will be the reason the club will be relegated, regardless of how much is spent in Jan.

You would expect a judgement call by the Board ahead of JTW, whether they feel increasing spend this season is worth it or whether the resources should be held onto for next season to provide the club with the best possible chance of getting straight back up.

100% this.

Disorganised summer. Underfunding, poor preparation. The Prince hindered us before we'd even begun.

If he finds substantial funds now, that he could've otherwise used in the summer, then he's an even bigger farce of an owner than we initially gave him credit.

Sod spending now, focus on a proper longer-term rebuild, starting in the Championship next season.

Id been told that Wilder was pleasantly surprised by what was has been given to him. Expensive high high-quality loans make the most sense IMO. Whilst Id like to build a squad seeing as come July we wont have one The price wants to sell so he's gambling which he has form for. Spend big to avoid relegation and sell a premier league club rather than a Championship one, let the squad overhaul/rebuild be someone else's headache.

100% this.

Disorganised summer. Underfunding, poor preparation. The Prince hindered us before we'd even begun.

If he finds substantial funds now, that he could've otherwise used in the summer, then he's an even bigger farce of an owner than we initially gave him credit.

Sod spending now, focus on a proper longer-term rebuild, starting in the Championship next season.

Agree Kozzy_is_my_Dad .

He completely fucked us over the Summer and now it sounds like he's willing to throw good money after bad in a desperate bid for a massively unlikely survival.

If there's club money available (it won't be coming from his own pocket), let's use it to build towards a brighter future.
If he chucks what's left on loans he's just kicking the can further down the road and causing us more issues.
We need to start planning more and reacting less. With a decent medium term strategy we can bounce back with firmer foundations.

Has anyone heard any more on if this is anything other than a publicity thing?

My view would be, January fees are often much, much higher than summer ones if you are buying players who are starters for their clubs so it seems wildly irresponsible to start buying players for next season in January. Nominal fees for players with only 6 months left, giving United and the player time to have a look at each other (as with JLT when he signed) may be worth a look

They probably got him the same way they got Kante - by having a scouting network that extends outside the S postcode area
They also have billionaire ownership with a actually known business behind it. We have the poorest Saudi prince who sold a bog roll factory a decade ago and very little else is known about his wealth

Uninspiring as it may be to some, expiring championship contracts is where we should generally be looking in January

Uninspiring as it may be to some, expiring championship contracts is where we should generally be looking in January

There's going to be the odd exception where it's the player that's held out for a move forward, but why on earth should we be looking at players that clubs in the division below where we are now feel at best bang average and have not made efforts to extend the player themselves?

There's going to be the odd exception where it's the player that's held out for a move forward, but why on earth should we be looking at players that clubs in the division below where we are now feel at best bang average and have not made efforts to extend the player themselves?

You’ve answered your own question.

Nobody said we’d be getting players that teams in the division below think aren’t good enough for them.

There are plenty of players who step up from the league below having seen out their contract to make more money from their next move.
There are also a fair few who let their contract run into the last year so their fee is a lot lower.

Agree Kozzy_is_my_Dad .

He completely fucked us over the Summer and now it sounds like he's willing to throw good money after bad in a desperate bid for a massively unlikely survival.

If there's club money available (it won't be coming from his own pocket), let's use it to build towards a brighter future.
If he chucks what's left on loans he's just kicking the can further down the road and causing us more issues.
We need to start planning more and reacting less. With a decent medium term strategy we can bounce back with firmer foundations.
Question: Why would the Prince want to start planning for the future, if he wants rid of the club ASAP!?

He won't is the answer, all he wants is to sell.

Question: Why would the Prince want to start planning for the future, if he wants rid of the club ASAP!?

He won't is the answer, all he wants is to sell.

He might want to, but there's no guarantee of a sale. We've seen in recent years we're not the most attractive prospect to investors.

In the meantime, it would be great if he acted in the best long term interests of the club he still owns and may well do for some time yet.

He might want to, but there's no guarantee of a sale. We've seen in recent years we're not the most attractive prospect to investors.

In the meantime, it would be great if he acted in the best long term interests of the club he still owns and may well do for some time yet.
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing he won't.

Fleck doesn’t make the bench. Has it been said he was injured?

Back
Top Bottom