Outgoing? McBurnie to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He scored 13 in 38 league games. That's decent, but the year before he scored zero. this year he has one pen and he's injured again.

I don't play the names game. I don't know other team's players. What I do know is we keep signing and retaining players with poor injury records and it is proving to be a disaster.
Every player under Hecky has an injury record.

As you say played pretty much every match Under Wilder. Maybe not the players fault.

He scored 15 last season.

Please give me some names of strikers for next season that you believe we will be available for free (as that’s our budget) who would get 15 goals.

Upon that being difficult you can even go back in time and look to name a few free strikers from previous seasons who were free and scored 15.
David McGoldrick.

He scored 15 last season.

Please give me some names of strikers for next season that you believe we will be available for free (as that’s our budget) who would get 15 goals.

Upon that being difficult you can even go back in time and look to name a few free strikers from previous seasons who were free and scored 15.
He scored 13 in the league, the other 2 were in cup games. 9 of these came before the World Cup break, he then scored only 4 between then and the end of the season.

He didn't even finish as one of the top 10 strikers in the Championship.

£17mil for 21 goals over 5 seasons including this one, where 13 were scored last season. He's one of the biggest wastes of money we've ever had.

He scored 13 in the league, the other 2 were in cup games. 9 of these came before the World Cup break, he then scored only 4 between then and the end of the season.

He didn't even finish as one of the top 10 strikers in the Championship.

£17mil for 21 goals over 5 seasons including this one, where 13 were scored last season. He's one of the biggest wastes of money we've ever had.
Yes lets sell him and end up even more up the creek without a paddle. At least when McBurnie plays it feels like we may get a point!

But surely get players under contract so we get some transfer receipt coming in for us to then spend on replacements? Otherwise aren’t we clearing players out with no money to replace them? Feels like a strange approach to me.
You can only have contract extensions if the players agree to them.

He puts in a shift, but he isn't a talented striker, take my hat off to him for effort, but as above another wilder punt on a one season wonder, take the dosh and bring in someone new or Akpom on loan

He looks injured even when he is fit. I don't know whether he is a good footballer but he definitely isn't an athlete! He is so awkward from the hips downwards he looks like he has been constructed wrongly from a kit, with bits on the wrong legs and bits missing. Maybe his attributes would have made him good thirty years ago but in todays game footballers need to be athletes as wells as footballers.

He's only ever going to be a half decent championship striker at best, probably tear it up in that poor Scottish league so best all round he goes.

McBurnie should be looking at the Scotland squad and be thinking there's the 2024
European Championships to be involved in. Try to stay injury free and start scoring the
goals that A) will keep United in the Premier and B) make it very difficult for
Steve Clarke to ignore him. Though, if he thinks it better to head up here and sign for
Rangers, United should go all out and sign Lawrence Shankland from Hearts, who's
already in the Scotland set-up and is playing himself into a major transfer sometime very soon.

Back
Top Bottom