McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What about people who do it unknowingly? Still cunts? Who gets a taxi to take their kids to Sunday league the day after a skinful?

Where do we draw the cunts line?

I’ve agreed with most of what you have said on this thread, however I do think there is a difference between being unknowingly pissed and unknowingly over the limit.

Ultimately as a person you should know whether you are too drunk to drive or not. If you continue to get behind the wheel of a car knowing that you will have diminished reactions as a result of alcohol then you are a full weight bellend. I’ve woken up the morning after a night out and still felt too drunk to drive. I’ve felt okay to drive later that day but there’s a high chance I’d still be over the limit so I’ve given it a miss.

The problem with this McBurnie saga is that no one actually knows how drunk he was. A couple of pints sees you over the limit nowadays so chances are he will have had at least that much. There comes a point where the person involved has to take responsibility. It wouldn’t have been difficult for him to get a taxi home.

As I’ve said in this thread though, I feel we should refrain from hanging him out to dry completely until we know the full story. As it could just be a case of him being a bit daft and chancing it after a couple or he’s been a cock and had a skinful.

Nope, like I said it's quite easy to do. Either don't have more than a pint or two if you're driving in the morning or get a taxi.
You’ve just labelled half the forum as cunts essentially. Bravo.

I’ve agreed with most of what you have said on this thread, however I do think there is a difference between being unknowingly pissed and unknowingly over the limit.

Ultimately as a person you should know whether you are too drunk to drive or not. If you continue to get behind the wheel of a car knowing that you will have diminished reactions as a result of alcohol then you are a full weight bellend. I’ve woken up the morning after a night out and still felt too drunk to drive. I’ve felt okay to drive later that day but there’s a high chance I’d still be over the limit so I’ve given it a miss.

The problem with this McBurnie saga is that no one actually knows how drunk he was. A couple of pints sees you over the limit nowadays so chances are he will have had at least that much. There comes a point where the person involved has to take responsibility. It wouldn’t have been difficult for him to get a taxi home.

As I’ve said in this thread though, I feel we should refrain from hanging him out to dry completely until we know the full story. As it could just be a case of him being a bit daft and chancing it after a couple or he’s been a cock and had a skinful.
There’s no excuse for McBurnie drinking and driving the same night. Period.

My thread which was merged into this was all about drink driving limits and how easy it is to be over the limit, mainly aimed at the ‘I’d never do anything like that’ types

Am I the only one who says “His performances are passable, but his disrespect to the fans by watching Swansea away with his mates, all round instagram game and profuse drinking in season (Again, with his club, Swansea)” are the reason for my ire.

Big H and Kyle Walker didn’t come to Blades games within 3/4 weeks of arriving at their new club...

Get em in Oli , Cus you wont be playing tonight , I will be down in about 45 mins !!

Image result for pint of beer

Disagreeing about football is fair enough. Your attitude to drink driving is making you look foolish.
How so?

I agree entirely that driving after a drink that same night is idiotic, nay, dangerous and careless

My point remains that drinking the day after a session will probably still see you over the limit, how many of the whiter than white lot can honestly say they’ve never drove over the drink drive limit? Suddenly everyone is a born again Christian. Doesn’t sit right with me.

Disagreeing about football is fair enough. Your attitude to drink driving is making you look foolish.

In his defence, I think his gripe is with peoples holier than thou attitudes rather than drink driving itself.

Of course, this issue of drink driving is a lot closer to home for some on here so I get your point as well. Knowing that you will have slower reaction times and still getting behind the wheel, I think we can all agree is abhorrent. I don’t think there’s anyone disputing that.

In his defence, I think his gripe is with peoples holier than thou attitudes rather than drink driving itself.

Of course, this issue of drink driving is a lot closer to home for some on here so I get your point as well. Knowing that you will have slower reaction times and still getting behind the wheel, I think we can all agree is abhorrent. I don’t think there’s anyone disputing that.
Nail. Head.

To be fair I don’t understand how anyone is managing to read anything else into my posts on the subject than

Will probably get slated but I’d rather have signed Gary Madine. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and was a dickhead in his time also. Holds the ball up better, good link up play and was busting a gut because he loved it here. Plus would have cost a fraction of £20 million.

If you've been drinking the night before and drive early in the morning and get done it's your own fault, not bad luck.

Personal responsibility.
Maybe so, and I don’t know why anyone would suggest it’s bad luck, but if you genuinely feel completely ok you can understand why you would think ‘fuck it I’m fine it’s worn off’

You can understand why some get done the morning after the night before.
The night of? I’ll never excuse as bad judgement or bad luck or anything like that, just plain idiocy.

Maybe so, and I don’t know why anyone would suggest it’s bad luck, but if you genuinely feel completely ok you can understand why you would think ‘fuck it I’m fine it’s worn off’

You can understand why some get done the morning after the night before.
The night of? I’ll never excuse as bad judgement or bad luck or anything like that, just plain idiocy.

Not saying anyone suggested it was bad luck which is why I didn't reply to any particular post.

So many variables not least metabolism. Feeling "fine" is still a gamble imo. But as you say, there won't be many who haven't walked that line over the years.

Its not just the fact he got done for Drunk driving its the crap example he is setting for all the young fans and potential young players. This year more than any the spotlight is on SUFC and he has really been an utter prat. IMHO he needs the book throwing at him, and not a beer encyclopedia either.

Its not just the fact he got done for Drunk driving its the crap example he is setting for all the young fans and potential young players. This year more than any the spotlight is on SUFC and he has really been an utter prat. IMHO he needs the book throwing at him, and not a beer encyclopedia either.

And what do you want to be when you grow up?

A drink Driver like Oli Sir.....

Not saying anyone suggested it was bad luck which is why I didn't reply to any particular post.

So many variables not least metabolism. Feeling "fine" is still a gamble imo. But as you say, there won't be many who haven't walked that line over the years.
Fair enough. Personally I know I’d have had my collar felt when I was younger going to sunday football after a night on the lash. Now I can’t hack the hangovers so no danger of me going anywhere at that time...

How so?

I agree entirely that driving after a drink that same night is idiotic, nay, dangerous and careless

My point remains that drinking the day after a session will probably still see you over the limit, how many of the whiter than white lot can honestly say they’ve never drove over the drink drive limit? Suddenly everyone is a born again Christian. Doesn’t sit right with me.

Clearly you found the information quite easily for how long alcohol remains in the system, so presumably you will be taking that information on board. Just playing DA by the way ;)

I now realise that absolute proof is required to back every comment made on a messageboard and luckily I've now realised I have it:

View attachment 62938

Hopefully this gives me a stay of execution.

Silly Wilder forgot about Verrips!

You're a strange fellow.

Knowing that you will have slower reaction times and still getting behind the wheel, I think we can all agree is abhorrent.

Careful pulling on this thread it will unravel...

What about all the people who stay up all night binge watching Netflix until the suns almost up? Bet you their reaction times are dangerously slower when they're driving to work that morning.

So, I see this as being pretty much the hot topic of the day today so let's get some perspective and some facts.
Could probably belong in general chat but I feel it's relative to United with today's news.

Everyone's whiter than white when it comes to drink driving it seems, right?
You've never got in a car after a session and drove home (cunts trick admittedly) so you've never been over the limit, right? Wrong.
Look at this chart and tell me if you follow that the morning, or in some cases the afternoon after you've had a drink?

View attachment 62926

If you've had a few in the house on a random Tuesday night and drove the morning after to work, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've had a skinful with the lads after the footy on a saturday then took the kids to Sunday league the day after, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've been out on Christmas Eve and drove to your parents Christmas Day morning you've probably been over the limit.
You catch my drift...

I'm not sticking up for McBurnie here, I've made my feelings clear on that thread already. Just reigning a few of you in.

After that, can you honestly say you've never driven a car over the drink driving limit? As much as I'd like to, I can't.

I'd have joined in but a bottle and half of malt whisky is not on the list.

Driving whilst over the limit is a cunts trick. Be it just over, morning after, Dean Saunders or full on Derby County! And before I am accused of being being holier than thou, I admit I probably am being so. But then again, when younger than OMcB station in Cyprus, I was thrown out the back window of a car and was stopped going through a shop window by a tree! And for the last 30 years have a scar that does a good impersonation of a track map of Sheffield Midland. All because the driver was pissed.
That said, it’s unbelievable that people want him, metaphorically, burnt at the steak and kicked out of the club. He’s young, very lucky he didn’t hurt anyone or himself. The justice system will deal with him as will, I suspect, Utd in no uncertain terms.

But everyone should get a second chance surely, or do we condemn him as a cunt forever!

Agreed, second chance but it must now be on Wilders term's.

Follow Wilders lead and he'll have a piss up to remember.

I couldn’t care less whether he was slightly over or 100 x over. It’s equally bad. I know not everyone will agree with that. But I’ll tell you why I say that:

If you’re going to get behind the wheel of a machine that is capable of erasing life then you need to be bloody well certain that you are not in the slightest bit under the influence of alcohol.

It’s not a case of “oh unlucky - just slightly over” - It’s about endangering life due to disregard for the law.

This is a bloke in a situation where he’d had a drink. We don’t know how much. I think that’s irrelevant. He should have made other plans in terms of transport. Simple as. No excuses. He can bloody well afford it

Then I turn to the football side of things and think...He’s been poor so far and the main impression he’s made is that he’s a moaning gobshite, unintelligent, fashion-conscious, narcissistic, idiot.

I therefore predict that he’ll come good eventually and become a “legend”.

But in the meantime I think he’s the biggest waste of money and space we’ve signed since Chris Guthrie.

OTT?

Not as OTT as McBurnie’s breathalyser reading obviously!:rolleyes:

Tha's only gone and mentioned Guthrie.

😬🥴

Back
Top Bottom