McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In terms of him drinking before a game, he could have already been ruled out. He was injured which is why he wasn't in the Scotland squad.

There is no excuse for what he's done but I think it's sensible to stick to what we know for now.
The 'you're an elite athlete you shouldn't be drinking 9 months before a game' clan are out in force.
If only they knew what the squad had been getting up to pretty much since Wilder got the job...

He could have just been slightly over the limit.

Why does everyone assume he was smashed?

Bit of an over reaction as usual.

For all we know, he might have had 2 pints over a 3 hour period and thought that he wouldn't have been over them limit.

But lets burn him at the stake anyway, guilty until proven innocent unless you're a fans favourite.

For all we know, he might have had 2 pints over a 3 hour period and thought that he wouldn't have been over them limit.

But lets burn him at the stake anyway, guilty until proven innocent unless you're a fans favourite.
It’s a bit risky though. They lowered the limit a few years ago. Any more than a pint and you’re risking it these days.

So, I see this as being pretty much the hot topic of the day today so let's get some perspective and some facts.
Could probably belong in general chat but I feel it's relative to United with today's news.

Everyone's whiter than white when it comes to drink driving it seems, right?
You've never got in a car after a session and drove home (cunts trick admittedly) so you've never been over the limit, right? Wrong.
Look at this chart and tell me if you follow that the morning, or in some cases the afternoon after you've had a drink?

1571654540662.png

If you've had a few in the house on a random Tuesday night and drove the morning after to work, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've had a skinful with the lads after the footy on a saturday then took the kids to Sunday league the day after, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've been out on Christmas Eve and drove to your parents Christmas Day morning you've probably been over the limit.
You catch my drift...

I'm not sticking up for McBurnie here, I've made my feelings clear on that thread already. Just reigning a few of you in.

After that, can you honestly say you've never driven a car over the drink driving limit? As much as I'd like to, I can't.

Wow. Throw him under the bus guys.

Did anybody read the article? It says caught on "Friday morning" - before we just write him off, maybe this was after he'd been to bed, slept it off etc and was still a tad over like we all are and have done.

If this is the early hours and he's driving home from the bars then yeah, what a cock
That what i thought at first.
But other reports say 'early hours of Friday morning' , which i'd take as 2am etc

Always assuming he is actually guilty of the offence charged............

He's another Mark the Lollipop/Jumper McNulty except at least he got paid less.

Look at me, Premiership footballer, loads o dough me, fuckin made it me, can't touch me, I'm famous me. International you know. Our wi me chivvy mates all hanging on to me every word and wad.

No you're Scottish. You aren't even very good at that. You're from Leeds and have no interest in us and our club or in doing anything other than for your selfish narcissistic self. You still support fucking Swansea and obviously wish you were still there with your mates. You are using us and are quite frankly fucking useless and a waste of space on the pitch and it seems off it. Big Mistake.

All of course in my honest opinion and with the caveat that I know absolutely nothing about football unlike some experts on here

Get off the fence.

Always assuming he is actually guilty of the offence charged............

He's another Mark the Lollipop/Jumper McNulty except at least he got paid less.

Look at me, Premiership footballer, loads o dough me, fuckin made it me, can't touch me, I'm famous me. International you know. Our wi me chivvy mates all hanging on to me every word and wad.

No you're Scottish. You aren't even very good at that. You're from Leeds and have no interest in us and our club or in doing anything other than for your selfish narcissistic self. You still support fucking Swansea and obviously wish you were still there with your mates. You are using us and are quite frankly fucking useless and a waste of space on the pitch and it seems off it. Big Mistake.

All of course in my honest opinion and with the caveat that I know absolutely nothing about football unlike some experts on here

Hardly helping himself is he ?

Tbh, I’m not sure what your point is either. Why not just spell it out?

Comparing Jamie Vardy to Ollie McBurnie?

Vardy has the pace to leave most defenders in his wake and is a proven goal scorer at the highest level.

Sadly, McBurnie does not have anything like that kind of pace and has not caused many problems for any defender in his 9 starts in the Premier League so far.

What I mean is, I don't think the two are any more comparable than Dean Hammond and Paul Scholes 🤷🏻‍♂️

According to the official statistics for 2017 almost 300 people were killed in accidents were alcohol related.
Speeding was a major factor in accidents that caused 6600 deaths.
Why aren't speeding drivers reviled as much as drink drivers? Could it be that for most drivers, me included, that comes a bit too close to home

The short answer is that it's about percentages. Speeding could affect all drivers (including drunks) whereas drivers over the safe alcohol limit are a tiny proportion of the total

However your numbers are all over the place. Your figure for deaths caused by speed is more than 3 times higher than the total road fatalities.

There were 1,770 total road fatalities in 2018 and exceeding the speed limit was a factor in 12% of fatal accidents and driving too fast for the conditions in 9%

sure some cocks will make a song about he will drink what he wants .Total dick let the club down big time

Drink driving is a bit close to home for some too, me included, if we're talking about being over the limit at the time of driving.

If you go on a night out and drive the morning after you are likely over the limit.

The hypocritical holier than thou attitude around drink driving grips my shit. The only time it's inexcusable is when people drive somewhere when they're clearly pissed up.

I think you’d have to be absolutely wasted and have been drinking shorts to consume enough alcohol to still be over the drink drive limit eight hours later and I don't think you could even do it drinking pints alone.

I reckon most people who get caught the day after, must get in at 4 a.m, knowing they have to drive to work at 7 a.m. and think they’ve been unlucky when they get caught

Sobering information.

Until the early 80’s, the general consensus of opinion seemed to be that a good night‘s kip followed by a big breakfast would be enough to see off any amount of booze the following morning, so there must have been plenty driving about over the limit me included back in the day. Since then because I need to drive for my job, I’ve stuck to the rule that if I’m working the next day or have to be on the road AM, I just have one pint and when I am out on the pop, it’s either a nominated driver or a taxi. No exceptions.

What does surprise me is how many do still risk driving the following morning today when there’s much more information around about how long alcohol stays in the bloodstream. In any event, there’s no excuse for any right minded person going out on piss and getting straight into a car.

What does surprise me is how many do still risk driving the following morning today when there’s much more information around about how long alcohol stays in the bloodstream. In any event, there’s no excuse for any right minded person going out on piss and getting straight into a car.
Exactly the same viewpoint as me, but I'm as guilty as any for it. I've done it plenty.

But I can honestly say I've never even considered getting in my car after being out on the lash. I just find that an utterly bizarre pattern of thought.

1571656236236.png

Well that’s ok, I don’t give a shit what you think tbh?

This chart you posted is factually incorrect, its bullshit. It certainly doesn’t relate to the UK drink drive limits, are you sure it isn’t from a country where they have zero alcohol limit?

The hypocritical holier than thou attitude around drink driving grips my shit. The only time it's inexcusable is when people drive somewhere when they're clearly pissed up.

I'm not clearly pissed up after 5 pints.

So it's excusable for me to drive home?

We are about to find out if wilder was selecting him because of his price tag. Ideal excuse to drop him if so. On the other hand If picked then he is rated above Billy etc.
P.s can we please play the Moose from the start now.
The coaching staff haven’t been too impressed so far. They will be less so, now.

Drink driving is a bit close to home for some too, me included, if we're talking about being over the limit at the time of driving.

If you go on a night out and drive the morning after you are likely over the limit.

Exactly this.
Nobody knows the circumstances, sounds like it was Friday morning...so could be a big difference if it was 3am to say 9am.

Most people have probably driven under the influence....you're not telling me that most that have a fair few sherbets at the weekend...or for a work function don't at least drive to work the next day.

Back
Top Bottom