McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know what bothers me most....

1/ Drink driving
or
2/ A (under performing) professional sportsman thinking it's acceptable to go out on the lash a couple of days before a big game.

A few years back certain Chris Porter came into my Pub for an event , refused a pint and stuck to coke as he said he never drank during the football season.
Top lad there.

If Porter has a pint we're all on the bar.

The police in Leeds city centre wouldn’t have been too busy early hours of Friday. Too many Hendricks & cucumber tonics on call lane being a typical Leeds / Scottish dick showing off his fat wallet & R8 = grassed up or “routine” stopped.

Actually hope wilder lets him have a go in the last 15 mins to give him a chance to prove he’s not just some useless skanky wanker with no respect for this club or fans.....

Would you be saying OTT if he had wiped one of your kids out?

The abuse to which I refer is along the lines of he's a shit striker etc. I don't have a problem with people calling him out for getting behind the wheel after drinking though I suspect that there is rather a hypocritical tone from a lot of posters on here who will claim that they have never got behind the wheel after having a couple pints and think that they may be ok to drive, I know I have. You are I take it ITK about what state McBurnie was in when the police stopped him or are you just assuming he was legless ?

This idea that you can't criticise somebody for something unless you have never done it yourself is nonsense. This idea that you can't criticise somebody for something although you've never been caught doing the same thing but might have been caught doing the same thing on the assumption that you must have done it at some point in your life because everyone does it etc etc etc is just ridiculous.
That doesn't even take into account the added responsibility of someone who earns a lot of money to represent a club in the public eye, which whilst not mitigating people's responsibilities who are not in that position, should have been an added incentive for this particular person to act responsibly in the first place and gives added cause for people to feel they've been let down by him.

Careful pulling on this thread it will unravel...

What about all the people who stay up all night binge watching Netflix until the suns almost up? Bet you their reaction times are dangerously slower when they're driving to work that morning.

Even if it’s not illegal I think people should still take personal responsibility as to whether they are safe to drive or not. My grandad stopped driving altogether when he didn’t feel like he’d be able to react quick enough to certain situations on the road.

Main roads and particularly motorways are littered with signs saying ‘Tiredness Kills’ and ‘Take a Break’ etc. So, although tiredness can’t really be measured for legality purposes, people still have a responsibility to themselves and other road users to work out whether they are safe to drive or not.

The abuse to which I refer is along the lines of he's a shit striker etc. I don't have a problem with people calling him out for getting behind the wheel after drinking though I suspect that there is rather a hypocritical tone from a lot of posters on here who will claim that they have never got behind the wheel after having a couple pints and think that they may be ok to drive, I know I have. You are I take it ITK about what state McBurnie was in when the police stopped him or are you just assuming he was legless ?
Where have i said he was legless? I think you make it up as you go along.

Screenshot_20191027_101638.jpg
Aside from the fact he looks a total tit, does anyone else think this is probably not what McBurnie should be posting so soon after the drink driving bust?

I really want him to come good for us, but I just don't like what I'm seeing from him.

Taking all footballing abilities (or otherwise) to one side.

Brains of a rocking horse. Wilders character filtering has failed spectacularly on this one !!.

UTB

Taking all footballing abilities (or otherwise) to one side.

Brains of a rocking horse. Wilders character filtering has failed spectacularly on this one !!.

UTB

Rumoured to be a "Prince purchase". Maybe McCabe got one right for once.

McCabe got nothing right. Just didn't want to spend that kind of money while Prince wanted to back Wilder. Mousset was the same I believe.

McCabe was right on value for money then.

View attachment 63268
Aside from the fact he looks a total tit, does anyone else think this is probably not what McBurnie should be posting so soon after the drink driving bust?

I really want him to come good for us, but I just don't like what I'm seeing from him.

He has a Simpsons T-shirt on so he has partially redeemed himself.

Those those trousers though.... :confused:

Even if it’s not illegal I think people should still take personal responsibility as to whether they are safe to drive or not. My grandad stopped driving altogether when he didn’t feel like he’d be able to react quick enough to certain situations on the road.

Main roads and particularly motorways are littered with signs saying ‘Tiredness Kills’ and ‘Take a Break’ etc. So, although tiredness can’t really be measured for legality purposes, people still have a responsibility to themselves and other road users to work out whether they are safe to drive or not.

Wonder if this sensible stance is part of your education on a speed awareness course?

Ah, we written McBurnie off already have we?

Good job we're always right on players a handful of matches into their Blades careers.

Yep. I have. Would love to be wrong, but I smell a Guthrie but with a destructive character. We will see.

You'd be forgiven for thinking he'd just won a Pride of Britain award rather than been done for drink-driving, judging by the reception he got when he came on last night.

Total twat for drinking and driving but when he comes on the pitch he is judged as one of our players, not the team coach driver.

And posting pics of being out drinking (although that is an assumption as no drinks are shown, but it looks like a bar or club) the weekend after being caught is even more twattery.

And posting pics of being out drinking (although that is an assumption as no drinks are shown, but it looks like a bar or club) the weekend after being caught is even more twattery.

I’d be more concerned if there were pictures of him driving heading to a night out.

Ah, we written McBurnie off already have we?

Good job we're always right on players a handful of matches into their Blades careers.

I certainly haven't written him off yet because I can see he has some raw talent. He can finish (with his feet & head), & is a tidy footballer outside the box. But he is (surprisingly) weak physically. Athletically in general, he's not much of a specimen - pace, power etc.. His workrate hasn't impressed me. I don't think he's given a centre half a tough day of work yet. The incessant moaning at Referees is repulsive.

These are all things he can work on & he could come good.

However, his attitude doesn't look right at all. He's running around with chavs, in silly clothes, posing non-stop in night clubs & broadcasting it all online. I don't see any of our other players behaving like that.

It's easy to read too much into things on social media, but I don't see many of our players really engaging with him that much either. I'm speculating, but I'm not sure his antics are all that popular with the rest of the squad.

I really hope he gets his head down & sorts it out. I thought the drink driving thing might be a good opportunity for him to take stock & re-evaluate. Instead he's on the piss with his mates from Wales... again.

Total twat for drinking and driving but when he comes on the pitch he is judged as one of our players, not the team coach driver.

Stupid is, as stupid does.

I may be wrong but isn't that a Grey Goose vodka bottle his mate has?

I certainly haven't written him off yet because I can see he has some raw talent. He can finish (with his feet & head), & is a tidy footballer outside the box. But he is (surprisingly) weak physically. Athletically in general, he's not much of a specimen - pace, power etc.. His workrate hasn't impressed me. I don't think he's given a centre half a tough day of work yet. The incessant moaning at Referees is repulsive.

These are all things he can work on & he could come good.

However, his attitude doesn't look right at all. He's running around with chavs, in silly clothes, posing non-stop in night clubs & broadcasting it all online. I don't see any of our other players behaving like that.

It's easy to read too much into things on social media, but I don't see many of our players really engaging with him that much either. I'm speculating, but I'm not sure his antics are all that popular with the rest of the squad.

I really hope he gets his head down & sorts it out. I thought the drink driving thing might be a good opportunity for him to take stock & re-evaluate. Instead he's on the piss with his mates from Wales... again.

Wonder where he is now?

View attachment 63268

Timing of the post is inconvenient, but i've seen someone claiming he's shaved a lot off his beard (pictured at the West Ham match) which suggests this is an old picture.

EDIT: Found it - pictured on Friday with a significantly shorter beard. Old photo.

Back
Top Bottom