Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Blackburn Rovers (Carabao Cup Rnd2)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after Saturday's defeat we're immediately back in action for our third successive home game. Tonight welcoming Blackburn in the Carabao Cup. Likely to be a number of changes in a match that is not so important to win ;) ....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck obviously still out.

Morrison a likely starter?

Moore getting the nod?

And McBurnie and Sharp up front?

While I want United to win every game, some are less important than others. Avoid unnecessary cards and please no injuries and see what pans out. No extra time in these fixtures, so that is one less worry... Without knowing the lineup it's hard to predict but I think we'll win relatively easily 3-1 with Sharp getting 2...

UTB

If that was actually offside I'll eat my hat*.

Ridiculous.

*I don't own any hats, so totally figurative.

Come on Blades , we don’t want to throw this away now.

Thanks for all the updates too bromtom 👍

Well no one pushed for starting spot against Chelsea. Mcburnie will start regardless however I think that was decided before tonight's game.

Lovely page out of the USG with the amended Door Deals logo to fit with our colour scheme.

Oh right, and well done Ravel!

6E86F7CC-2A18-4E9E-A865-AC5B49DA1AFD.jpeg

Still glad I stayed home toneet, sounded very poor indeed, and for everyone saying, "but this team has never played together before", would you be happy paying each of them £30k+ each, for that performance!???

Apart from result, sounds like Southend (0-3) start of L1 season.

In other results

Palace knocked out by Colchester
Norwich knocked out by Crawley
Leeds knocked out by bottom of Championship Stoke

In other results

Palace knocked out by Colchester
Norwich knocked out by Crawley
Leeds knocked out by bottom of Championship Stoke
Not sure if its the best to stop in the competition , we need to give everything to stopping in the prem nothing else matters !
But at least reserve players get a run out ! And might get pigs in next round ! 🐖

I hope we get knocked out as soon as possible. It would be a disaster for players who aren't playing in the league to get a number of games under their belt and give us a cup run in the process.

Gutted.

3 good things about tonight:
1. We are in the next round.
2. Mousset looks good.
3. People might stop suggesting Jagielka replaces Bash in the starting line up.

3 good things about tonight:
1. We are in the next round.
2. Mousset looks good.
3. People might stop suggesting Jagielka replaces Bash in the starting line up.
3.5 surely it's impossible to play worse.

Still glad I stayed home toneet, sounded very poor indeed, and for everyone saying, "but this team has never played together before", would you be happy paying each of them £30k+ each, for that performance!???

You can’t just magically create the cohesion and chemistry that comes from playing together often and knowing the system - doesn’t matter how much they are payed.

There were 10 changes - anyone expecting a stellar performance is always going to be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom