Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Blackburn Rovers (Carabao Cup Rnd2)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after Saturday's defeat we're immediately back in action for our third successive home game. Tonight welcoming Blackburn in the Carabao Cup. Likely to be a number of changes in a match that is not so important to win ;) ....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck obviously still out.

Morrison a likely starter?

Moore getting the nod?

And McBurnie and Sharp up front?

While I want United to win every game, some are less important than others. Avoid unnecessary cards and please no injuries and see what pans out. No extra time in these fixtures, so that is one less worry... Without knowing the lineup it's hard to predict but I think we'll win relatively easily 3-1 with Sharp getting 2...

UTB

I expect the Kop Clampits will invade the south stand. Nightmare.

We should be taking it seriously. This bloke is...

Bruce eyes Wembley as Magpies begin cup journey

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce insists he will be taking the cup competitions "seriously" this season as he dreams of a glamour Wembley appearance.

How many months does Deludamol take to wear off?
Well they hammered Spurs 0-1 and his last trip to Wembley worked out quite well.

Referee tonite is Geoff Eltringham,the last encounter with the Blades was the last game of last season 2-2 at Stoke.

Will VAR be used(properly) tonight then!??

Interesting Norwood playing/starting tonight. Wonder if some redemption is required...

Interesting that Norwood starts. As though him retiring from international football is a green light to be used at all times. Or a response to how Saturday went...

I work with 2 now, it was 5, but we're slowly getting rid, they fail drugs tests for fun, and, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, or it might just be the ones we attract, they are horrible thieving cunts some of them!
Don't get me wrong, I've worked with a couple before, who were genuinely nice blokes that worked hard, but these now, are bone idol, they break everything, steal anything in arms reach, and make no effort to learn our language or follow our rules/laws!
That’s weird; my experience is exactly the opposite.

Decent starting 11 for me that.

I work with 2 now, it was 5, but we're slowly getting rid, they fail drugs tests for fun, and, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, or it might just be the ones we attract, they are horrible thieving cunts some of them!
Don't get me wrong, I've worked with a couple before, who were genuinely nice blokes that worked hard, but these now, are bone idol, they break everything, steal anything in arms reach, and make no effort to learn our language or follow our rules/laws!

What about Jags? He seems like a nice fella. Also gets to bonk a smoking hot Aussie supermodel.

Glad I’m going with macburnie starting aswell

At what point do we start to worry we’ve whiffed on mousset?

I know he’s behind on fitness but he’s had a month or so with the side , so it’s a concern he’s still not deemed close enough to be in contention to start.

Interesting Norwood playing/starting tonight. Wonder if some redemption is required...

Unnecessary kick up arse time for Norwood. Who is he going to play against Chelsea? Lunny the ping? Does my head in sometimes. Hope Mc Burnie doesn't too much either.

At what point do we start to worry we’ve whiffed on mousset?

I know he’s behind on fitness but he’s had a month or so with the side , so it’s a concern he’s still not deemed close enough to be in contention to start.

Reight random signing.

Verrips on the bench so that must be all sorted. Either that or we don't give a toss about potentially being disqualified from the League Cup.

Maybe he went to CW and asked to play?

Might also be a reflection of the Barnet game. We know that keeping Norwood in we will have him as the metronome for all our play. We didn’t really have that in January, making it doubly difficult with the number of changes to get anything resembling our usual game.

Unnecessary kick up arse time for Norwood. Who is he going to play against Chelsea? Lunny the ping? Does my head in sometimes. Hope Mc Burnie doesn't too much either.
Not really got much choice. Either him or Lundstram were going to have play with fleck being injured.
And Norwood was shit Saturday and doesn’t do as much running as Lundstram

Might also be a reflection of the Barnet game. We know that keeping Norwood in we will have him as the metronome for all our play. We didn’t really have that in January, making it doubly difficult with the number of changes to get anything resembling our usual game.
Maybe. But staying in premier League is our number 1 priority. Seems odd that Wilder would want Norwood to play 3 games in a week with the last of them against Chelsea our toughest of them all. Especially considering he had surgery in the off season and recently retired from international football...

Maybe he went to CW and asked to play?
Remember he had the hernier operation close season. Therefore he might not of done the same amount of fitness work that others did He has looked a little off the pace so feels he needs a another game. I think there is some connection to him stopping his international career as well
After Chelsea he will have a week off

McBurnie and Sharp both starting tonight.. does that indicate Robinson and McGoldrick both Starting on Saturday?

McBurnie and Sharp both starting tonight.. does that indicate Robinson and McGoldrick both Starting on Saturday?
The partnership hasn’t worked in any of the 3 games so far so surely it will be changed for Chelsea. McBurnie has definitely got to start and I’d go for Robinson too.

Mark Duffy makes a Blades appearance, he came up on the screen when they called Verrips out.

Whoops.

Reight random signing.
There's sumert not right about mousset , might be a right balls up by Chris ? Never mind we all make mistakes ,
or he might be our Cantona !! but then again I doubt it .

Keep an eye if Mcburnie dragged early. Will give indication will play on Saturday if doesn't play full 90 mins.

Back
Top Bottom