2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
blackburnrovers.gif

FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 12:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.655/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 22.32.21.png

Let's play the B team for this one.

Norwood, Fleck, Sharp can all get some game time

Given it's two weeks after this coming weekend's Cup-tie before our next game - away at Norwich City (which I fear will be a tough one) - I think there's less pressure on us to play a B-team; although I agree - it's a good opportunity to give some younger players a role. Certainly Coulibaly and Brooks. I'd also play Davies in goal. I'd also like to see Basham, Osborn and Jebbison (again) start.

Given it's two weeks after this coming weekend's Cup-tie before our next game - away at Norwich City (which I fear will be a tough one) - I think there's less pressure on us to play a B-team; although I agree - it's a good opportunity to give some younger players a role. Certainly Coulibaly and Brooks. I'd also play Davies in goal. I'd also like to see Basham, Osborn and Jebbison (again) start.
Strongest team possible (whatever the f that is ?)

No pissing about at the quarter final stage , as Hecky said , it’s potential history making

Best eleven, playing high energy, taking every chance we get, keep a clean sheet, press, press, press, and we have a good chance.

Why would you even consider jeapordising a wonderful opportunity of getting to a semi final by giving Davies some minutes. he's only there in case Wes breaks his neck.
Same side that was excellent at S/land with maybe McB starting ahead of Jebbo. No further changes.

Why would you even consider jeapordising a wonderful opportunity of getting to a semi final by giving Davies some minutes. he's only there in case Wes breaks his neck.
Same side that was excellent at S/land with maybe McB starting ahead of Jebbo. No further changes.

Agree entirely (and Hell hasn't frozen over!); with two weeks 'til the Norwich game, we should be playing our strongest side in an FA Cup Quarter Final.

Agree entirely (and Hell hasn't frozen over!); with two weeks 'til the Norwich game, we should be playing our strongest side in an FA Cup Quarter Final.
Reckon there's some serious mileage for an S24SU Light version where its like this one but for folk who think team selection should be like U12 level where everyone must have equal gametime, results are irrelevant (not). Be great for sensitive souls who can't tolerate or deal with brutal honesty.
Give that idea as a freebie to F and L.

Tim Robinson (the referee) he hasn't reffed a single game of ours this season but has reffed Blackburn 5 times including their 2-1 win in the last round at Leicester,he'll be on first name terms with their players.

Reckon there's some serious mileage for an S24SU Light version where its like this one but for folk who think team selection should be like U12 level where everyone must have equal gametime, results are irrelevant (not). Be great for sensitive souls who can't tolerate or deal with brutal honesty.
Give that idea as a freebie to F and L.
Are you alright ?
Genuinely are you in a bad place ?

Great FA Cup Moments #1.

Our recent 1925 winners 😉

800px-Sheffield_united_with_fa_cup_trophy.jpg

Didn't realise Mark Duffy (back row, centre) was playing for us way back then. 🤣

Come on you Blades!
Promotion to the top flight, FA Cup Winners and first ever qualification for Europe in the most bizzarely underwhelming and inconsistent season ever!!! Why not???

I want Man City in the semi, and We beat Man Utd in the final.
If that was to happen (fingers crossed we reach the semis) would we able to play our Man City loanees? I think it would be a great experience for them but knowing the loan system maybe not?

100% got to put your best side out(whatever that is) it’s fa cup quarter final a chance to plate at Wembley some of these players will never get this close in their careers.

If that was to happen (fingers crossed we reach the semis) would we able to play our Man City loanees? I think it would be a great experience for them but knowing the loan system maybe not?
It would be upto Man City. Unlike in league where the answer is not allowed, in cup can be played if parent club agrees.

Great FA Cup Moments #1.

Our recent 1925 winners 😉

800px-Sheffield_united_with_fa_cup_trophy.jpg

Didn't realise Mark Duffy (back row, centre) was playing for us way back then. 🤣

Come on you Blades!
Promotion to the top flight, FA Cup Winners and first ever qualification for Europe in the most bizzarely underwhelming and inconsistent season ever!!! Why not???
I'd say it's been quite consistent. Consistently good, then consistently average but lucky. Then consistently bad, now consistently inconsistent

Probably excluded from the City game I expect. Given their first team squad, Pep might allow it, just to see how far they have come?
It could be that their loan spell finishes at league level anyway. I think the cup final is 3 June? Just day dreaming really. 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom