Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Blackburn Rovers (Carabao Cup Rnd2)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after Saturday's defeat we're immediately back in action for our third successive home game. Tonight welcoming Blackburn in the Carabao Cup. Likely to be a number of changes in a match that is not so important to win ;) ....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck obviously still out.

Morrison a likely starter?

Moore getting the nod?

And McBurnie and Sharp up front?

While I want United to win every game, some are less important than others. Avoid unnecessary cards and please no injuries and see what pans out. No extra time in these fixtures, so that is one less worry... Without knowing the lineup it's hard to predict but I think we'll win relatively easily 3-1 with Sharp getting 2...

UTB

The floodlights are migraine inducing now it's dark.

The ones mounted on John Street are right in your eyes when looking at the pitch.

I’m at the match and must say we’re being outclassed and outworked. We look like a team who’ve just met up and can’t be bothered because in the players minds it’s just a friendly.

Honestly it should be 2 or 3 nil to Blackburn. Wilder will be seething with anger.

What an amazing game. We’re now 2-0 up. We’ve only had 2 shots and hardly even attacked.

Our best player has been Simon Moore, saves the penalty plus 2 point blank saves. Blackburn won’t know whether to laugh or cry because they’ve been so much on top but go in 2-0 down at the break.

What a goal.

Ravel magic feet, Norwood outside of foot strike, curling away from the keeper.

Played crap, winning 2-0, I'll take it.

Time to get a few more new players in for some game time. Shame we can't bring on a new 11 at HT.

The floodlights are migraine inducing now it's dark.

The ones mounted on John Street are right in your eyes when looking at the pitch.

This bastard is hurting the backs of my eyes.

DSC_4354.JPG

If anybody sees this guy, tell him the truth.....Screenshot_20190827-203826_Google.jpghe's the one wandering around, with a white stick!!

My 1st half view of the new boys.

Besic- run around a lot and looks quite terrier ish but you worry he’s close to a yellow or red when he does his sliding tackles. He looks decent when we’re out of possession but not done anything when he’s been in possession.

Morrison - we’ve been out of possession most of the game and RV doesn’t look that motivated to chase and tackle. He’s hardly had the ball but did go on a nice dribble and lay back to set Norwoods goal up. Maybe he’s that kind of player....do nothing and look poor...then pull out a moment of top quality.

Sharp and McBurnie have worked hard but neither has hardly touched the ball.

Defence- they all look shaky caught in possession a few times and trying to play out of defence but passes going to their player. Very casual play.

McBurnie off, Luke Freeman on. Ravel playing further forward.

Interesting half time substitution

He’s took McBurnie off and put on Luke Freeman who is playing in midfield.

But Ravel Morrison is now playing high up the pitch just in front of Sharp.

My 1st half view of the new boys.

Besic- run around a lot and looks quite terrier ish but you worry he’s close to a yellow or red when he does his sliding tackles. He looks decent when we’re out of possession but not done anything when he’s been in possession.
everton fans used to say hes a red card waiting to happen, but he never got a red card there, neither for the national team (well, execept when he thew a chewing gum at the opposing player)... yellow cards he does get, but when he gets one, he plays smart to not get another one

Norwood for Moose.

Imagine Ravel goes back into midfield.

Moose looks good.

Rapid and strong.

Is this referee on a day trip from an old people's home? Rare to see one look so fucked. Awful.

Poor goal conceded. Jags let it run through, no-one seemed bothered as it went in to a living tree on the far post. Hollywood dive from Moore, nowhere near but it'll look good on TV.

Back
Top Bottom