Liam Delap

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Man City have rejected a bid from Southampton as Pep only wants to loan him out preferably to a Championship club. Burnley are interested but again only on a permanent. I don’t know much about him to be honest just thought he fits the bill.

I watched him play for the u19s during their European Championships--he's one of two centre-forwards ahead of Jebbison in the pecking order in that age group (the other is Dane Scarlett of Spurs). He's big and strong and looks to be closer to the finished article than Jebbo, but I'm going off a pretty small sample size. He'd be an exciting addition on loan but competition would be pretty fierce, I imagine.

I think I'd prefer to work on developing the promising young strikers we already have at the club. If we're looking to bring in a striker I'd like it to be someone with more first team experience who we can feel confident would make an impact right away.

I watched him play for the u19s during their European Championships--he's one of two centre-forwards ahead of Jebbison in the pecking order in that age group (the other is Dane Scarlett of Spurs). He's big and strong and looks to be closer to the finished article than Jebbo, but I'm going off a pretty small sample size. He'd be an exciting addition on loan but competition would be pretty fierce, I imagine.

I think I'd prefer to work on developing the promising young strikers we already have at the club. If we're looking to bring in a striker I'd like it to be someone with more first team experience who we can feel confident would make an impact right away.
Nice one, I saw his record in the Man City u23s and it’s not too shabby 8 in 10 I think? Also he’s 6”1 so wondered if he offered something different as a holding CF?

Nice one, I saw his record in the Man City u23s and it’s not too shabby 8 in 10 I think? Also he’s 6”1 so wondered if he offered something different as a holding CF?
I think he's probably more of a physical presence than anyone we currently have in that position, yeah, although he certainly doesn't have the nous of someone like Sharp, who makes up for in experience what he lacks in size.

Agree with this, think he's a young talent with high potential but can't really seeing it making sense for either parties considering 1. We obviously will prioritise Brewster who is also only 22, and 2. We have 2 young strikers who if we were to be calling on Delap, we could surely be giving them game time instead?

With Rhian, Osula and Jebbo in the mix, we need an experienced Champ striker who is basically a guaranteed double-digit haul (I'm not saying it has to be Grabban, but of that ilk), if we are even thinking of bringing one in

They'll want him to have fairly guaranteed game time which we probably can't offer him here.

We have more chance of this than me motorboating Kelly brooks tits, he will go to a lower 1/3rd prem the or a newly.promoted team

Can I ask why?
The board needs to recruit players with premier league quality that will be with us beyond this season. Looking at the bigger picture for when we head to the grace land. This will boost squad morale and build solidarity. Im not against loans but wouldnt want to rely on loans going forward as essentially theyre going back to their parent clubs

Not being funny, but, if hes 1 of 2 ahead of Jebbo, then surely we stick with Jebbo, as hes the 3rd best u19 England striker in the country?

The board needs to recruit players with premier league quality that will be with us beyond this season. Looking at the bigger picture for when we head to the grace land. This will boost squad morale and build solidarity. Im not against loans but wouldnt want to rely on loans going forward as essentially theyre going back to their parent clubs
Doesn’t appear to have done Forest any harm !!

Back
Top Bottom