Gone Elsewhere Charlie Patino

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Athletic stating today he wants a move away from Arsenal in order for more regular game time and doesn't want to go on loans anymore. Looking for a permanent home.

https://theathletic.com/4464838/2023/05/01/charlie-patino-arsenal-leave-future/

Only 19 years old, type of player looking at to build on in worst case scenario we go back down.

Even if can persuade Arsenal to give him one more loan at premier league level with obligation to buy if stay up.

Very tidy player! Very!
How much would Arsenal want do we think? Would we use our budget on a ‘young un’?
For what it’s worth I would like to see one or two signings of this nature

Contracted for a few years, Arsenal will want at least £10m I bet!

I've an arsenal mate, came to the blackpool game at the lane just to watch him.

He's rated really highly there. Deffo one for the 'banker profit' vault.

I mentioned him in another thread. Really rate him. Would be a good signing if we could.

He’s like a mediocre Mcatee, that’s not me faulting him, more just showing how good McAtee is. Would only go for him if we can’t get Macca

If Cov don’t go up I’d much rather have Gus Hamer, tougher and more mature than patino.

Defensive/holding midfield is such a crucial position for a newly promoted team, I wouldn’t want to put too much risk on a young talent who might be too powderpuff for us in a season where we’re looking to establish ourselves.

Hamer and Doyle would make sense as signings as they’re tough, can play together in the same midfield and are a good age whilst also reasonably experienced.

If Cov don’t go up I’d much rather have Gus Hamer, tougher and more mature than patino.

Defensive/holding midfield is such a crucial position for a newly promoted team, I wouldn’t want to put too much risk on a young talent who might be too powderpuff for us in a season where we’re looking to establish ourselves.

Hamer and Doyle would make sense as signings as they’re tough, can play together in the same midfield and are a good age whilst also reasonably experienced.

Definitely agree on Hamer, really hope we focus on him as a priority.

He’s like a mediocre Mcatee, that’s not me faulting him, more just showing how good McAtee is. Would only go for him if we can’t get Macca
They are different positions, mcatee is CAM whereas patino is DM/CM. I think Patino has better better ball control and retention and generally a smarter player. Our midfield generally needs to be more composed and better on the ball and this guy would be perfect for that. He’s a big lad as well so hard to knock off the ball.

Mcatee is decent but not prem level, yet. MGW has struggled for forrest so Mcatee will get bullied at that level.

Athletic stating today he wants a move away from Arsenal in order for more regular game time and doesn't want to go on loans anymore. Looking for a permanent home.

https://theathletic.com/4464838/2023/05/01/charlie-patino-arsenal-leave-future/

Only 19 years old, type of player looking at to build on in worst case scenario we go back down.

Even if can persuade Arsenal to give him one more loan at premier league level with obligation to buy if stay up.

Always been a really annoying twat when we’ve played against him likes to leave a foot in and always goading players. Hate playing against him would love him playing for us. He’s technically a very good player as well with a bunch of development still to come would be an interesting pick up.

Onboard with this definitely. Would guess he's done well enough to attract a Brighton or Brentford though?

Read somewhere he's quite slow and he's easy to dispossess given he's quite weak.

I'm still waiting for the negatives 😂

Article 4th May: https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/ch...o-this/blt8104425c1060695e#cs3b6a6a50cfde8092

"Arsenal’s priority now will be on trying to get the best possible deal for the midfielder. It’s unlikely they will get a significant transfer fee upfront, but they will look to ensure any deal includes several clauses which will allow that fee to rise over time.

It is highly likely that they will include a matching rights clause in any agreement, so if Patino’s next club should agree to sell the midfielder further down the line, Arsenal would be able to match that transfer fee and enter into talks about a return to north London, should they so wish."

Not seen loads of him but thought he looked classy. Think he'd be fantastic in CM and/or LCM for us. Still inexperienced but I get the impression he's ready to play.

Article 4th May: https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/ch...o-this/blt8104425c1060695e#cs3b6a6a50cfde8092

"Arsenal’s priority now will be on trying to get the best possible deal for the midfielder. It’s unlikely they will get a significant transfer fee upfront, but they will look to ensure any deal includes several clauses which will allow that fee to rise over time.

It is highly likely that they will include a matching rights clause in any agreement, so if Patino’s next club should agree to sell the midfielder further down the line, Arsenal would be able to match that transfer fee and enter into talks about a return to north London, should they so wish."

Not seen loads of him but thought he looked classy. Think he'd be fantastic in CM and/or LCM for us. Still inexperienced but I get the impression he's ready to play.
Have a guess who Arsenal signed him from. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go back there (it's Luton).

Have a guess who Arsenal signed him from. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go back there (it's Luton).
Left Luton as an 11yr old, mind you.

I suppose it depends how much of a plane spotter he is...

Only thing i can remember about this kid from tge several times ive seen him is what an annoying prick he is
Too big for his boots

Nowt spesh for me. Norwood levels of athleticism without the bite in the tackle and long range passing.
Agreed but the thing that makes him standout both when you watch him and in various right ups about him is that his biggest strength is Norwood’s biggest weakness. Patino looks like even at a young age that he’s a press resistant midfielder he seems to have a very good feel for where the pressure is coming from even when it’s behind him and he then has the body and ball control to turn away from it often letting to man pressing him simply run past whilst he’s just out of reach that’s some skill for a lad with not that much first team experience and you’d assume would only get better.

He might not then have the plus athleticism to exploit the hole he’s created himself but he does have the passing range and to be fair if he had the athleticism to go with it we wouldn’t really stand a chance of getting him.

Agreed but the thing that makes him standout both when you watch him and in various right ups about him is that his biggest strength is Norwood’s biggest weakness. Patino looks like even at a young age that he’s a press resistant midfielder he seems to have a very good feel for where the pressure is coming from even when it’s behind him and he then has the body and ball control to turn away from it often letting to man pressing him simply run past whilst he’s just out of reach that’s some skill for a lad with not that much first team experience and you’d assume would only get better.

He might not then have the plus athleticism to exploit the hole he’s created himself but he does have the passing range and to be fair if he had the athleticism to go with it we wouldn’t really stand a chance of getting him.

Agreed. One thing you can count on with Patino is he won't turn the ball over cheaply.

He might not be rapid, but when he's on the ball he looks like he's got all the time in the world.

He's a gifted player and he would go straight into our starting midfield no questions asked.

I can’t recall having seen him play (although I must have) but the way you describe him he almost sounds like a Coutts-type.

Agreed. One thing you can count on with Patino is he won't turn the ball over cheaply.

He might not be rapid, but when he's on the ball he looks like he's got all the time in the world.

He's a gifted player and he would go straight into our starting midfield no questions asked.
I think he’d be a great long term fulcrum for the side although we might lose him after a few years. Also not sure him and Doyle would work well together as I think both are best as the main man but I’d like the chance to be proven wrong on that one.

Back
Top Bottom