John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's not Lindstrom it's the system if we play like that we totally negate our entire system and what makes it work
He could play just fine in either fleck or Norwood roles but not alongside them
It just doesn't work

I don’t like to be negative but how is Lundstram even being considered for a place in our squad/lineup when his influence on the team is so poor. We cannot afford to play him and then realise this after 2 or 3 poor games

Lundstram is a Sheffield United player.....hopefully, he will prove worthy of more respect than he’s currently receiving.
👍

I always watch our for the 90th negative aspect on any subject. It's my favourite.

Don’t agree with that, he just doesn’t seem dynamic enough and is generally slow in what he does. I really hope the midfielder that wilder is going after to complete our transfer business is someone who can take Lundstrams place

I have no problem with him starting at Bournemouth. We'll just have to ask Callum to score a hat trick and hope we can nick another from somewhere.

My God we have some right **** on here.
Pissingntheir pants at something that hasnt happened. And having the gall to question a bloke whose shit has more managerial scope than their efforts for the last decade on football manager.
Id ban you from the ground.

It's not Lundstram, he is a decent player, its the system. Flat 3 hasn't worked with anyone not just him. We need Duffy playing in our system, it doesn't work without him.

I’m not his biggest fan but there is a bit of confirmation bias going on here: people have decided he’s shit a while since and now he can do very little right.

Having said that, I haven’t seen the match today so I’m not going to defend his performance.

My God we have some right **** on here.
Pissingntheir pants at something that hasnt happened. And having the gall to question a bloke whose shit has more managerial scope than their efforts for the last decade on football manager.
Id ban you from the ground.

Yeah. How dare we have a different opinion about a player than you have, eh? That's not what forums are about, is it?

Look, you may have had this optimistic point of view last season before we lined up against Swansea and were found wanting the following week. Both games contained one John Lundstrum and I don't recall him being very fucking clever, at all. In the Boro game Widler went 4-4-2 to stop the rot and he played even worse. Some right **** might just have surmised that, as Wilder brought more midfielders in in the JTW, that Lundstums contributions weren't exactly hitting the mark. Wilder - the man who has such managerial scope, only decided to play him a handful of times last season and effectively replaced him in the squad anyway. What do we know, eh?

But what is evident - if you don't mind us saying this blasphemy - is that looking at PL midfields where Lundsrum will be plying his trade, even the most modest budgeted of them will leave him holding his balloon knot in after 45 minutes. If humble, silly little me can watch MotD last season and surmise that a midfield of say, (perm any four from this) Milner, Henderson, Wijd-whatever his name is, Lallana, Oxlade Chamberlain, Fabhino and Shaquiri would litlerally make Lundstrum's head spin off his neck (given today's performance especially) then there might be some point to be made.

He's not PL capable. I think this is pretty evident.

pommpey

_20190803_233123.JPG

Everyone was a bit crap today.

Would I put Lundstram in my starting 11 against Bournemouth, no.

Has he been fine in the other preseason games, yes.

Could you have put this in an existing thread instead of making a new one, yes.

Flat 3 could work with a quality midfielder to play with Fleck and Norwood

It won't matter whether he plays or not,we are going to lose most games anyway,so play him lets see how good he is.

Dont forget he was terrific against Matlock,and he knows how to do crunching tackles (ask Grealish).

Could i just say i watched Matt Phillips today and he scored a reyt goal.

I feel this is worthy of a new thread to emphasise that he cannot play on Saturday if we want to get a positive result. The solution to this issue will be to play Ravel in the flat 3 I think!

Yeah. How dare we have a different opinion about a player than you have, eh? That's not what forums are about, is it?

Look, you may have had this optimistic point of view last season before we lined up against Swansea and were found wanting the following week. Both games contained one John Lundstrum and I don't recall him being very fucking clever, at all. In the Boro game Widler went 4-4-2 to stop the rot and he played even worse. Some right **** might just have surmised that, as Wilder brought more midfielders in in the JTW, that Lundstums contributions weren't exactly hitting the mark. Wilder - the man who has such managerial scope, only decided to play him a handful of times last season and effectively replaced him in the squad anyway. What do we know, eh?

But what is evident - if you don't mind us saying this blasphemy - is that looking at PL midfields where Lundsrum will be plying his trade, even the most modest budgeted of them will leave him holding his balloon knot in after 45 minutes. If humble, silly little me can watch MotD last season and surmise that a midfield of say, (perm any four from this) Milner, Henderson, Wijd-whatever his name is, Lallana, Oxlade Chamberlain, Fabhino and Shaquiri would litlerally make Lundstrum's head spin off his neck (given today's performance especially) then there might be some point to be made.

He's not PL capable. I think this is pretty evident.

pommpey
I've absolutely no problem with anyone having a different opinion but some are reacting like hes already fucked up big time against Bournemouth. presuming hell start.
Arrested. Tried. Hung. Before committing any offence.

I've absolutely no problem with anyone having a different opinion but some are reacting like hes already fucked up big time against Bournemouth. presuming hell start.
Tbf I've seen enough of him over the last two years with us and before (England youth games) to make my mind up on him not being a very good footballer.

Some of you can sugar coat it as much as you want, Lundstrum should be nowhere near the first team, especially in the top tier.

I don't like to criticise our players unless it is necessary but Lundstrum being in or around the first team picture one week before the start of this season is ridiculous.

He wasn't good enough last season or the season before in the Championship and he's not now. Do we have to go through this farce every season at this time of year. CW plays him, the team play very poorly and lose, a couple of games later CW realises this and brings Duffy back in, team start playing well and we win.

Some of you can sugar coat it as much as you want, Lundstrum should be nowhere near the first team, especially in the top tier.

I don't like to criticise our players unless it is necessary but Lundstrum being in or around the first team picture one week before the start of this season is ridiculous.

He wasn't good enough last season or the season before in the Championship and he's not now. Do we have to go through this farce every season at this time of year. CW plays him, the team play very poorly and lose, a couple of games later CW realises this and brings Duffy back in, team start playing well and we win.
It seems that you (and to be fair a few others like you) feel that you know more about football and football management than Chris Wilder and Alan Knill. Interesting, but wouldn't it be better to wait and see how it pans out before you try and secure your position at top coach in SY, I suspect that you might have a battle on your hands.

I hate being critical & really tried hard to see some positives in Lundstram's game yesterday. I saw none.
Wilder is almost always right & has the trust of us all BUT on this one no matter how hard I look, I just don't get it!

It seems that you (and to be fair a few others like you) feel that you know more about football and football management than Chris Wilder and Alan Knill. Interesting, but wouldn't it be better to wait and see how it pans out before you try and secure your position at top coach in SY, I suspect that you might have a battle on your hands.
I agree with your statement Gray but, as you were at the game yesterday what did you think of his performance?
As I've alluded to in a separate post, I'm certain he'll be starting next week & trust CW totally but I tried really hard yesterday to find positives & i just can't.

Personally, I trust CW to pick the team and system to suit the game. I also trust he won't persevere with something if it then transpires it isn't working. I think he has earned that trust and if he deems Lunny worthy of a starting role in place of any one of the millions of pounds worth of players he's bought in then we really ought to have enough faith to wait and see how it plays out before chucking a member of our promotion winning squad under the bus before a ball is kicked.

We're not talking about Robinson and Freeman here. They've not played a competitive game for United yet.

Lundstrum has, and last season was deigned not to be good enough. What has changed? Well, I'll give you one for a starter. We've moved into a division where the gap in capability of the opposition isn't just upwards, it is longwards too. If Lundstrum couldn't deal with a midfield which drew with mighty Luton Town two days ago, how is he going to deal with Premier League midfields?

I don't want to give Lundstrum a chance to commit any offence. There isn't the time for that. We have our survival to concentrate on and points to get. Playing to the sentiments of fans won't achieve that.

pommpey

Maybe this Lundstram Mania is all part of a relentless quest to get back the 700k we spent on him?

Starting the odd PL game will certainly give his reputation a boost and trick potential suitors into thinking he's better than he is...

Some people need to hate, hence the scapegoat/ bully mentality.

If Lundstrum is being picked then it’s Wilders decision and I think Wilder has earned some trust by our fanbase.

What a crock of bollocks that statement is.

No one is 'scapegoating' and 'bullying'. Were fans doing that with Hammond, Sammon, Bobby Ford, James Wilson, Legerwood and any other player who clearly isn't good enough? Do you actually know the difference between criticizing and bullying? Do you actually think that whatever people put on S24SU, it will affect the actions of CWAK in even the most minute manner? We, as fans, earn the right to offer opinion. You earn the right to refute it but for fuck's sake do it with evidence and respect and not pressing the 'oh, you lot are horrid and bullying a player' button. If a player hasn't got the potatoes for the task ahead then in our opinion he's out. Whether CWAK do that is their decision - but let it be known that every misplaced pass, every slow-to-react action, every poor positional movement and every time he's passed around and left for dead adds to that critique. Yesterday was a clarion example. People can say, 'Oh, Reims beat PSG' all they want, but his position was tactically and positionally weak yesterday and Reims grew to know it. If you've played football at any level you will understand that ten minutes in, the poor opposition positions get the focus to exploit. It won't take ten minutes in the PL because management teams and extensive advisors amed with stats and video footage will be advising opposition managers from minute one of who to target and were I playing against United with Lundstrum in the ide I'd be focussing on him straight away to undermine him and his teams' confidence. Is that bullying? If it is, you need to go and take up knitting Sheffsteel.

And for your record, I don't 'hate' any Sheffield United player. It's ridiculous to suggest we do.

pommpey

Last edited:
Maybe this Lundstram Mania is all part of a relentless quest to get back the 700k we spent on him?

Starting the odd PL game will certainly give his reputation a boost and trick potential suitors into thinking he's better than he is...

Really? I mean really?

So you want to risk a game (against who?) just to shop window a player not good enough and we need to flog?

I'll counter that with we don't have the bandwidth to piss about. There are points to be earned and PL survival to concentrate on. Cup games, maybe. Everything else PL, definitely no. How can you shop window someone who will be basically served his own arse against some pretty fucking excellent midfielders, many of whom are internationals?

pommpey

Sigh.

Absolutely nobody thinks that. Boring.

Back
Top Bottom