John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The last 2 games he's looked like someone over-stretching to impress. I thought it was the Liverpool thing but apparently not. He needs to be put in a room, sat down, and absolutely rollocked. Not playing disciplined football. Grabbing at everything. Calm the fuck down. I'd rather he stayed. Gieven his age and how well he's doing he could be vital to our future. But if he's going to be 'look at me' kid then no, fuck off.

The last 2 games he's looked like someone over-stretching to impress. I thought it was the Liverpool thing but apparently not. He needs to be put in a room, sat down, and absolutely rollocked. Not playing disciplined football. Grabbing at everything. Calm the fuck down. I'd rather he stayed. Gieven his age and how well he's doing he could be vital to our future. But if he's going to be 'look at me' kid then no, fuck off.

Yeah I think there's a combination of thinking "hang on, I'm decent" and the pressure of wanting to keep up the attention at a pivotal point in his career, but as you say, needs to be sat down, take his L0RD LUNNY personalised number plate off him, and offered a new contract and reassured he has a place here.

Seemed odd to quote a post of mine from 6 weeks ago & tag Swiss - was just wondering if I'd missed something?
Swiss didn’t know that Lundstram had been offered a new contract but hadn’t signed so I found a post that referred to it and tagged him.

Swiss didn’t know that Lundstram had been offered a new contract but hadn’t signed so I found a post that referred to it and tagged him.

Apologies if it came across as snappy, I genuinely just didnt know what was going on. Lundstram has also been asked a leading question before - encouraging him to commit to saying he saw his future with us and he was reluctant to answer to that effect. You could tell he's not happy with how talks are going and he was awkward about it

To be honest, if I were guessing, then I'd think Lundstram /Agent have got a bit carried away with the early season form & media love in and they're now over valuing.

We've always seemed to reward our players fairly so it seems an unlikely anomaly for us to suddenly be low-balling Lundstram. He's only actually been good for 1/3 of a season for us. If his demands are silly, let him go. We'll move forwards with or without. If Lundstram's main driver is money then we're probably not the right club to be at. I'm sure if his agent worked hard enough he could get him a 30-40k a week contract somewhere - if so, good luck to them.

I do hope it gets sorted though, because I like what he brings and I think he can improve. He's certainly our best option in that position at present, though I understand what we're doing with Berge.

SwissBlade

Last edited:
Unless players are out of contract at the end of the current season, I don’t see the value in starting negotiations mid season.
All contracts may be reviewed after May, and any success can be rewarded then.
In Lundstrams case the club has already stated it will exercise the one year option, so he’s going nowhere. May is the time to discuss changes, after rewards have been put on the table.
Massive respect to the likes of Fleck and Norwood, who clearly love the club, the team and the football more than just money.

From what I’ve seen interviews the club won’t suddenly break the wage structure for one player, sure CW said in the last couple of weeks, so why hold out for more, I’m sure there will be a clause that once we are safe next season something will kick in

From what I’ve seen interviews the club won’t suddenly break the wage structure for one player, sure CW said in the last couple of weeks, so why hold out for more, I’m sure there will be a clause that once we are safe next season something will kick in

Mentioned it in the Fleck thread but I reckon he doesn't want the club to take up his contract extension option but wants a new contract to start next season thus increasing next seasons income.

Mentioned it in the Fleck thread but I reckon he doesn't want the club to take up his contract extension option but wants a new contract to start next season thus increasing next seasons income.

You could be right mate, but from what I understand of Wilder's nature he won't allow the club to be dictated to, especially if he feels a good offer is on the table...plus, Fleck has just signed a new agreement and he's far more essential to the Blades, so unless Lunny and his agent wise up he could soon be surplus to Wilder's needs.

Apologies if it came across as snappy, I genuinely just didnt know what was going on. Lundstram has also been asked a leading question before - encouraging him to commit to saying he saw his future with us and he was reluctant to answer to that effect. You could tell he's not happy with how talks are going and he was awkward about it

To be honest, if I were guessing, then I'd think Lundstram /Agent have got a bit carried away with the early season form & media love in and they're now over valuing.

We've always seemed to reward our players fairly so it seems an unlikely anomaly for us to suddenly be low-balling Lundstram. He's only actually been good for 1/3 of a season for us. If his demands are silly, let him go. We'll move forwards with or without. If Lundstram's main driver is money then we're probably not the right club to be at. I'm sure if his agent worked hard enough he could get him a 30-40k a week contract somewhere - if so, good luck to them.

I do hope it gets sorted though, because I like what he brings and I think he can improve. He's certainly our best option in that position at present, though I understand what we're doing with Berge.

SwissBlade

We will have made him a fair offer that will be better than what he is on now.

I think it has been mentioned that he has the same agent as Duffy. So he needs to really think before making a rushed decision.

But a new contract would replace whatever contract he is on at that time. He doesn’t have to wait for the option contract terms to run out. I don’t understand. If he signed a contract now it would start immediately, thus increasing this season’s income and however long after.

I wonder how many will let us have options for extensions on contracts now. They seem to be a good tool that we have used well.

I think it has been mentioned that he has the same agent as Duffy.
Not sure about the veracity of this but apparently Duffy went rogue, turning up to negotiate without his agent. If this is true, it indicates that the agent was doing a good job (given there had been no problems prior to this occurrence).

But a new contract would replace whatever contract he is on at that time. He doesn’t have to wait for the option contract terms to run out. I don’t understand. If he signed a contract now it would start immediately, thus increasing this season’s income and however long after.

I wonder how many will let us have options for extensions on contracts now. They seem to be a good tool that we have used well.

I'm sure I heard Wilder say that the club wanted to exercise their year extension on his contract and then negotiate a new one.

A new one from Lunnys point of view would be able to start at a higher rate if the extension is not taken up?

This may well explain the trip to Turkey this week and the alleged checking on a couple of keepers.

Might be wrong but think I read Duffy and Lunny have same agent. Don't imagine the relationship between that agent and the club is very good which explains wage demands and delays.

Does that mean we won't be able to sign Fletcher and Rhodes. Worra disappointment.

Wilder said a couple of weeks ago during negotiations that Lundstram has 18 months left on his deal.

Back
Top Bottom