Bottom 3

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
Talk of the 3 promoted being the worst ever is being torn apart as Luton sufc and Burnley start to settle in. After 5 and 10 games it looked a viable claim.
Now after 17 games the 3 have 13 12 and 9 points an aggregate of 34 points .better than 3 of the past 5 seasons and only 2 less than the other 2.
Perhaps The gulf is not so big

With last years rules on stoppage time we would have been 4 points better off from games vs Villa and Spurs, though maybe a case could be made the other way for home vs Wolves.

Either way, a bit annoying we have chucked away points in stoppage time and that some of the teams around us are getting Newcastle when they are a bit out of sorts.

Luton has to be a win on Boxing Day. Simple as.

Todays results were in a sense disappointing but if we can win on the 26th then it will scrunch things up a bit, especially Forest now looking over their shoulders somewhat.

The Burnley one was the killer for me, though again, self-inflicted in terms of the margin due to the sending off. Annoyingly they equal our 5 against them from last year, but at least we did it against 11 men.

Todays results were in a sense disappointing but if we can win on the 26th then it will scrunch things up a bit, especially Forest now looking over their shoulders somewhat.
This is the point - looks disappointing today with Luton and Burnley winning but in a way, that doesn't matter a bugger- it's those above them we need to hunt down.

And it might sound daft but as long as Burnley and Luton don't get on too much of a run, I think the 3 of us gaining on them above makes them shit themselves and feel the pressure a hell of a lot more than just one team going on a run.

Forest, Palace, Wolves, even Brentford and Fulham could get sucked in.

I think we are comfortably the worst team in the league having seen a couple of Luton and Burnley games this season, albeit one of the Burnley ones was ours and we were beyond awful.

Talk of the 3 promoted being the worst ever is being torn apart as Luton sufc and Burnley start to settle in. After 5 and 10 games it looked a viable claim.
Now after 17 games the 3 have 13 12 and 9 points an aggregate of 34 points .better than 3 of the past 5 seasons and only 2 less than the other 2.
Perhaps The gulf is not so big
The bottom 3 have similar points tallies to the bottom 3 each year at xmas.

I do feel that it's 3 from 4 though. Only Forest can get dragged in IMO.

I think we are comfortably the worst team in the league having seen a couple of Luton and Burnley games this season, albeit one of the Burnley ones was ours and we were beyond awful.
Watched Luton today. They look a very good bet to stay up also had a tenner on em to beat Newcastle at 5/1 to soften blow of em winning but Newcastle have it a brick wall So looked a good bet tbh. Boxing days game is huge no doubt about it we must win. But imo they are a better side than us so it’s going to be a tough en. Also first time at villa park last night for me. What a stadium 2nd best after tottenhams Totally different but the character is awesome. Good atmosphere Aswell.

Watched Luton today. They look a very good bet to stay up also had a tenner on em to beat Newcastle at 5/1 to soften blow of em winning but Newcastle have it a brick wall So looked a good bet tbh. Boxing days game is huge no doubt about it we must win. But imo they are a better side than us so it’s going to be a tough en. Also first time at villa park last night for me. What a stadium 2nd best after tottenhams Totally different but the character is awesome. Good atmosphere Aswell.
I watched Luton against City and watched them today, impressed me in both games. They don’t sit back and invite pressure like we do. They play aggressively and get in the opposition’s faces.

Both out of our wage range but if we’d not signed Davies or Fleck and put that towards Barkley and then not signed loads of shit left backs and signed Townsend we’d be much better off.

The bottom 3 have similar points tallies to the bottom 3 each year at xmas.

I do feel that it's 3 from 4 though. Only Forest can get dragged in IMO.
Long way to go yet..teams form will fluctuate. Any team up to 11th place can get dragged in with a poor run

5 results in 18 is pretty terrible. Conceding 44 & scoring 13 makes us statistically one of the worst teams in the first half of the season too.

I feel confident under Wilder we can rectify this quickish. We’ll go down in my opinion we sacked Hecky too late, but with a good summer of recruitment we’ll be much better next season.

The teams around will pick up points. What matters is that we continue to pick up points as well. Boxing Day against Luton is a real 6 pointer though to gain some momentum.

There is a long way to go but I think we'll regret not replacing Hecky before the Bournemouth game.

Anyone with 18 points or more needs to lose pretty much every game for us to catch them, 25 points max for us.

5 results in 18 is pretty terrible. Conceding 44 & scoring 13 makes us statistically one of the worst teams in the first half of the season too.

I feel confident under Wilder we can rectify this quickish. We’ll go down in my opinion we sacked Hecky too late, but with a good summer of recruitment we’ll be much better next season.

We desperately need a takeover. The Prince doesn't seem committed to us long term which is going to continue to negatively impact our recruitment strategy.

We desperately need a takeover. The Prince doesn't seem committed to us long term which is going to continue to negatively impact our recruitment strategy.
Wait until he comes on that Jimmy Ramble thing and tells everyone he’s doubling down and he’s here for the long haul 😱

2 weeks ago it was all about going down with dignity now everybody wants to win the league!
Some of you fuckers just can't be satisfied!

This is the point - looks disappointing today with Luton and Burnley winning but in a way, that doesn't matter a bugger- it's those above them we need to hunt down.

And it might sound daft but as long as Burnley and Luton don't get on too much of a run, I think the 3 of us gaining on them above makes them shit themselves and feel the pressure a hell of a lot more than just one team going on a run.

Forest, Palace, Wolves, even Brentford and Fulham could get sucked in.
Of course it matters how Burnley & Luton fare - we need to get above them and one other team.
Having seen them play I'm sad to say we have been worse than both of them thus far.
It was galling to see Berge's goal today.
Hopefully we will continue to improve under Wilder but his appointment came at least two games too late.
Under him I don't see us losing to Bournemouth and I don't see our goal difference v Burnley getting a 10 goal hammering.
Two results which will have a significant influence on our chances.
With Luton now having a game in hand we need to beat them to stay in touch.
Let's hope Wilder has a plan for moving the ball upfield and creating chances , without losing our defensive shape when out of possession.

2 weeks ago it was all about going down with dignity now everybody wants to win the league!
Some of you fuckers just can't be satisfied!
I just want us to win the mini-league of 4 (and stay up) and currently we are bottom.
If we can't win that (and go down) , then I'd like us to win the mini-league of 3.
Some might say that's meaningless , but to remain competitive , you have to have a positive target.
If we don't have a positive target , we'll be in no shape to continue improving.
And if Hecky's last match was our nadir , then improvement is necessary , whether or not we get relegated.
Because we were in freefall when Hecky left.

I watched Luton against City and watched them today, impressed me in both games. They don’t sit back and invite pressure like we do. They play aggressively and get in the opposition’s faces.

Both out of our wage range but if we’d not signed Davies or Fleck and put that towards Barkley and then not signed loads of shit left backs and signed Townsend we’d be much better off.
Far to aggressive for us, that will give them the platform to play, and with our mob certain to have too much Christmas pudding and an odd beer, solid professionals that they are, I can only see one result.

Regarding the comments on sacking Hecky ‘too late’ - in my view, he deserved the chance to stay in charge for those two ‘winnable’ games at the end of his tenure. Yes, they showed that he was out of his depth, and that the team were in free fall, but I think that the Prince acted with respect and dignity in offering him the chance to turn things around, and was then able to make the change with a clear conscience. I respect him for that, even if I find myself regretting the consequence of those lost points come the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom