CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Found some statistics of his. This will give us a better of what he's like

Attachments

• IMG_6133.PNG
    IMG_6133.PNG
    105.9 KB · Views: 126
Pleased with this. The few times I've seen him play I've been fairly impressed. Big, confident, vocal, athletic and fairly brave. Commands his area and fits the Wilder brief of having a point to prove, and being hungry. All that whilst acting as a stop gap for Moore and presumably without breaking the bank. Works for everyone, he gets to step up and try this level, Chelsea get more experience for their young keeper and we get an able deputy that won't expect to start when Moore returns. Well done Blades.

I would have preferred someone with more experience, and he'd be a good young keeper to actually sign for the future, but better than just relying on Eastwood.

I'm very happy we've brought a keeper in, albeit one who is unlikely to replace Moore.

If you google Jamal Blackman there is a report from a well known tabloid newspaper from 2016 saying that Chelsea pay him £13k a week.

Will be decent cover for Moore but I wouldn't want him playing week in week out.

I'd rather have some experience between the sticks but as I say, good cover.

They're not exactly going to say "he's wank but cheap so we went for him. Don't need clean sheets." :)
I'll post this again from a Wycombe paper as it sounds like some think we've signed Quasimodo.

"Elsewhere, Jamal Blackman received the Young Player of the Season Award in recognition of his 16 clean sheets in all competitions this season and for his many match-saving moments during his year-long loan spell at the club".

It's for the year...this is interesting:

"Jamal has been our number one target right the way through the summer. "
Yeah I'm confused... since it says above it
"Prior to Simon Moore's knee injury at Rotherham last week, Wilder had expressed his desire to bring in a senior goalkeeper to compete with Moore and youngster Jake Eastwood", "the Blades boss has been forced to moved swiftly."
So is Blackman the "senior" (at 23??) keeper he wanted?, or did he want another keeper alongside blackmen? or hate to say it but just talking bullshit?

Back
Top Bottom