CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah because all the top clubs don't have awful players on their books do they? I I raise you John Cofie

But Manyoo had the sense to suss that out and released him. Chelsea have just given this lad a new 4 year deal so perhaps that tells you something, but then again maybe it doesn't.

I really don't get your negativity about a lad you've never seen play. He's played for Chelsea in the League Cup, in high profile friendlies, for England U16 - U21 and had a season in L2. How shit do you really think he can be?

As others have said, give the lad a chance. Did we really expect to get Jordan Pickford in on loan to warm the bench for most of the season?

he certainly ate is Weetabix as a kid,

Full name Jamal Clint-Ross Blackman
Date of birth (1993-10-27) 27 October 1993 (age 23)
Place of birth Croydon, England
Height 1.99 m (6 ft 6 in)
Playing position
Goalkeeper

He asked about keepers.
Richardson doesn't qualify

Last home match before Boxing Day (Sarfend I think?) and our new big black* goalie rushed off his line and took cross after cross off their striker's heads. I told my dad I was happy we had a really solid keeper for the next game at Hillsborough.

That went well........

* For the politically correct on here, I mention his colour as black players were still relatively rare (Cunningham was the first black player to play for England in 1979) and keepers even more so. He was a superb specimen of a man but quickly developed some kind of motor neurone arm disease that stopped him using his upper limbs.

Last home match before Boxing Day (Sarfend I think?) and our new big black* goalie rushed off his line and took cross after cross off their striker's heads. I told my dad I was happy we had a really solid keeper for the next game at Hillsborough.

That went well........

* For the politically correct on here, I mention his colour as black players were still relatively rare (Cunningham was the first black player to play for England in 1979) and keepers even more so. He was a superb specimen of a man but quickly developed some kind of motor neurone arm disease that stopped him using his upper limbs.

Only remember the infamous game. Wish it was the other way round !!

. That's Blackmans " best saves " from his Wycombe season. In a 3 min video there's about 10 saves. Shows more goals going past him . And A lot of shots being parried straight back in to danger

I think you've watched a different video to me. There were only 5 goals, 1 was a penalty and one was an own goal which he couldn't have done much about. There were plenty of decent saves.

As soon as I started reading this thread I knew:

1. Richardson would get a mention
2. Rev would bring him to the table first

Do you reckon if we sign another striker we can bring Helios to the party?

Are you thinking about his performance at Swindon Grecian?

Considering Moore is out for a month we needed another keeper, this guy looks like he's going to be a great keeper one day and has something to prove at a higher level, he was the young player of the year for Wycombe, is this all starting to sound a little familiar? He fits the Wilder mould perfectly (except for the fact he's about a foot taller) and he'll certainly create competition for places in the net. Great signing IMO. Eastwood may be slightly dissapointed but I wouldn;t be surprised to see him go out on loan when Moore's back, he needs some competative league experience desperately before we can rely on him, otherwise he'll end up with his confidence shot like Long did.

I can't understand some of our fans sometimes, the first thing I think is 'are they pork?', then I see how many posts they've made and I realise it'd have to be a pretty committed porker to make that much effort to wind other blades up and create disharmony. Oh well, everyones different I guess. You can already tell which Forum members will be the ones getting on the players backs as soon as it looks like we're not going to walk the league.

Technically Benjamin Odeje was the first black player to represent England at any level.

That went well........

Viv Anderson was England's first black player in 1978.

If he starts costing us goals Wilder will drop him and probably send him back. He's not cost us anything and we aren't tied to him. I'm not convinced by the signing but I'm not worried about it because Wilder won't continue playing him if he isn't doing the business.

An odd signing for me. Not because he's not capable but he's unproven at Championship (well above league 2). He did well at Wycombe, league 2 (Young POY) and Chelsea will be expecting him to play, and will have loaned him fully expecting him to play. Of course he will play whilst Moore is out which I believe is maybe 4 to 6 weeks.

When Moore is back I suppose it depends on how well Blackman has done. Although a season long loan there will be a recall in January so if Blackman isn't playing I imagine that is what will happen.

So maybe it is just that. A great opportunity for the lad to get Championship experience with the gamble by Chelsea that he does well enough to keep his place. If he doesn't I reckon he will be off back in January as Chelsea wont want him sitting on the bench.

Good luck Jamal!

He's good enough to be on Chelsea's books and a black man (sorry) AND Wilder chose him - good enough for me until I see evidence to believe otherwise.

I have read a couple of comments that Eastwood will go on loan. Not a chance. He will be back up to the 2 senior keepers and play U23s this season, as i would suspect was the plan. As we have seen every club needs 3 keepers in case of injury.

My only negative about our Chelsea signing is that we now have a goalkeeping group with little or no Championship experience. It may end up not being an issue but like many others i thought the safer option would have been to bring in an experienced keeper as back up.

That said CW has not done a bad job in his recruitment so i am happy that he thinks this lad is the real deal.

From watching last season when a player is out injured he is not put in straight away, he has to bide his time, so Moore could have his hands full getting the number 1 shirt back if Blackman does the business.

An odd signing for me. Not because he's not capable but he's unproven at Championship (well above league 2). He did well at Wycombe, league 2 (Young POY) and Chelsea will be expecting him to play, and will have loaned him fully expecting him to play. Of course he will play whilst Moore is out which I believe is maybe 4 to 6 weeks.

When Moore is back I suppose it depends on how well Blackman has done. Although a season long loan there will be a recall in January so if Blackman isn't playing I imagine that is what will happen.

So maybe it is just that. A great opportunity for the lad to get Championship experience with the gamble by Chelsea that he does well enough to keep his place. If he doesn't I reckon he will be off back in January as Chelsea wont want him sitting on the bench.

Good luck Jamal!
Agree, we know how Wilder works. Blackman has a run of games to establish himself as no.1. If he takes that chance, Moore will have to wait and sit on the bench. If he doesn't, Moore will regain his place. It's not complicated. I'm not really sure what people were expecting, who they thought was willing to come here and compete with our first choice keeper when, if they're established, they can probably find another club where they'll be first choice.

And having him on loan buys Eastwood a year to develop at his own pace. Leaving a pathway for him for next season instead of us hanging him out to dry by over using him or being too dependent on him before he's ready.

Viv Anderson was England's first black player in 1978.

First to represent England - Benjamin Odeje 1971 - England U15

First Professional to represent England - Laurie Cunningham 1977 (at Bramall Lane actually) - England U21

First full international Cap for England - Viv Anderson 1979

Technically Benjamin Odeje was the first black player to represent England at any level.

Technically you are correct, at Schoolboy level.

I was talking about the senior teams and Cunningham was first (for the U21s) and Viv Pig for the full team.

See above

You seem to have got Viv Pig's name wrong.

It could be a virus that inserts made up surnames in place of the correct swine terminology.

You should get it checked as it will be clearing out your bank account before you know it. Some might suggest Bush Blade's Indonesian mates are behind it, but I couldn't possibly comment.

You seem to have got Viv Pig's name wrong.

It could be a virus that inserts made up surnames in place of the correct swine terminology.

You should get it checked as it will be clearing out your bank account before you know it. Some might suggest Bush Blade's Indonesian mates are behind it, but I couldn't possibly comment.

I've downloaded BaconShield. Everything is secure

And having him on loan buys Eastwood a year to develop at his own pace. Leaving a pathway for him for next season instead of us hanging him out to dry by over using him or being too dependent on him before he's ready.

Hopefully an opportunity for Eastwood to go on loan but of course this wont be till Moore is back by which time the loan window will have slammed shut. There's a lot of variables in this one and maybe Eastwood (still only 20) can just develop in the 23s with a possibility of a loan in January dependent on 1001 other erm..variables.....o_O

I have read a couple of comments that Eastwood will go on loan. Not a chance. He will be back up to the 2 senior keepers and play U23s this season, as i would suspect was the plan. As we have seen every club needs 3 keepers in case of injury.

My only negative about our Chelsea signing is that we now have a goalkeeping group with little or no Championship experience. It may end up not being an issue but like many others i thought the safer option would have been to bring in an experienced keeper as back up.

That said CW has not done a bad job in his recruitment so i am happy that he thinks this lad is the real deal.

From watching last season when a player is out injured he is not put in straight away, he has to bide his time, so Moore could have his hands full getting the number 1 shirt back if Blackman does the business.

Dead right (which sort of makes my previous post redundant....). Championship needs 3 keepers capable of playing. However we are always open to a loan at ANY time of the season if there are 2 senior keeper injuries Blackman and Moore at the moment as Eastwood has fewer than 5 first team appearances (fewer than 1 actually....).

Hopefully an opportunity for Eastwood to go on loan but of course this wont be till Moore is back by which time the loan window will have slammed shut. There's a lot of variables in this one and maybe Eastwood (still only 20) can just develop in the 23s with a possibility of a loan in January dependent on 1001 other erm..variables.....o_O
As Larky has said. It's unlikely Eastwood will go out on loan. He can develop in the u23s til January at least. He's very young for a keeper. A couple of decent friendlies don't make him De Gea. Haven't we learnt that with Long?

Back
Top Bottom