How's work been today?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Work remotely with people from all over the country, so no Owls to contend with.
But I think on this instance, best approach is to grin and bear it (as I am having to do with my mates). Laugh along with them, don’t try any “yeah, but what about you lot” stuff because 3 nil at Swansea isn’t comparable to 8-0 at home. We take this one on the chin, I’m afraid.

Two at our place. I'm going to take it with good grace.
I've even said I'm making them a cuppa.
I will be rubbing the spoon I stir them with on my ballbag first though.
And watch them drink it.
The daft twats.
Be careful you don’t stir the first one then repeat the ball bag wipe with a hot spoon.

On hols. Going golfing with my bro and relieve the tension by mullering some balls off the tee followed by a few beers after. ⛳🍺

I'm known to be a bit of a wind up merchant but I've found when a result is that bad I leave it alone and the Wednesday fans I know are generally the same, maybe if they were riding high it maybe a bit different, things do change after several days but it's generally not over the top.

Surely the response to any Wednesday fan this morning is.

"Yeah, we're shit - still could be worse, we could be winless and bottom of the Championship"

They are rock bottom of the division BELOW.
How thick, arrogant and deluded would they have to be to gloat...
Actually, you're right, they'll definitely have a bash 🙄
Yep. We are closer to safety in the division above, than they are in the one below.

It's a low bar, but i'm taking it

Yesterday was crap.

But I wouldn't swap the feelings I had on Sunday September 24th 2017 compared to how I feel now.

One thing comes out of this. Sheffield as a footballing city is pretty shit at the moment.

Both the in laws and the few Wendy colleagues dotted about have been surprisingly gentle. Either too much of an open goal or the hypocrisy is too great for even them.

The bigger annoyance is the routinely optimistic lass I work with (ST holder) who is painfully carving out positives. Just admit we're dog shit please, just this week. I don't have the heart and certainly not the energy to counter any points but also don't want to look a dick by nodding along for an easy life.

On my way to Brussels to work for 3 days .

Have had constant texts from clients saying what happened & that it has made the news all over Europe ...can`t wait to get there

WFH thank god.

Boss is a Forest fan so at least he's experienced conceding 8 at home too so is being quiet about it

I run a quiz once a fortnight in a local bar here in Lanzarote. Last night was my night. Got there to find a dozen Newcastle fans all in shirts there! You couldn't make it up ffs.
The locals know I'm a Blade. So you can imagine the banter.
Have to say though that the Geordie s were quite gracious and it was all good natured comments.
Unlike some sets of fans.

Fortunately I work in Oxford well away from any Wednesday fans, the guys in the office didn't really make a big deal of it today.

I run a quiz once a fortnight in a local bar here in Lanzarote. Last night was my night. Got there to find a dozen Newcastle fans all in shirts there! You couldn't make it up ffs.
The locals know I'm a Blade. So you can imagine the banter.
Have to say though that the Geordie s were quite gracious and it was all good natured comments.
Unlike some sets of fans.
I thought the Newcastle fans at the game were very gracious too.

Whether it was the Maddy tributes I don't know but apart from a brief 'are you Sunlan in disguise' they just backed their club and didn't rubbish us or rub it in.

We have little screens in the lifts at work that show news headlines & weather forecasts. Was greeted by a photo of Jack Robinson upside down & Newcastle players running past with the result shown over the top. Yeah thanks for that!

No doubt like myself you've experience the Wednesday fans emerging for their 10 minutes of gloating fame.

I'm not proud my response has been "dunno what you're talking about..." but tends to diffuse the piss taking I've found
I've been working in Newton Aycliffe, yep, just below Newcastle..........you can imagine.

Don't live in Sheffield BUT son in law is a toon fan. I countered the banter by presenting the grandkids with Blades soft toys bought at the lane yesterday

Mostly I worked with Blades so we've mostly been walking round greeting each other with WTF! Gestures,my best mate at work is Wednesday but didn't gloat at all just gave a fair summary of what happened he did think Anel and Egan were shocking though! Oddly enough though my first customer was a Toon fan and was very gracious and said she felt sorry for us after the 5th goal went in

I hadn't even got in the door before someone tapped their watch and asked me "what time I called this" (it was eight) and someone else asked me if I liked those after dinner mints, "what are they called again?"

eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom