How's work been today?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flumps

Reaction score
No doubt like myself you've experience the Wednesday fans emerging for their 10 minutes of gloating fame.

I'm not proud my response has been "dunno what you're talking about..." but tends to diffuse the piss taking I've found

They will get the same “don’t give a fuck about your club, sooo glad you care so much about mine”

Remote working with a geographically-dispersed and largely football-ignorant team ftw!

(Four weeks today I start my new job though and I'm expecting there to be a lot of Forest fans in the office, and Villa fans when I'm in the Birmingham office. Hopefully our fortunes can take a bit of an upturn before I start.)

I just answered 'ive already forgotten about it and moved on.... looking forward to beating West Ham this coming weekend'.

They laughed and called me deluded but at least they then fucked off to leave me smiling (whilst calling them a wanker under my breath).

yes they will take the piss in workplaces all over sheffield today but we would do the same if it was the other way round but theyve nowt to crow about have they especially with sunerland coming up on friday it might come back to bite em

They are rock bottom of the division BELOW.
How thick, arrogant and deluded would they have to be to gloat...
Actually, you're right, they'll definitely have a bash 🙄

They cant gloat, in 99 porkies got thumped 8-0, ok it was at newcastle.
Dont think either set of fans have much to gloat or be happy about.

I'm retired so well out of it.

That said , it's all part of being a football fan and I give it out so can't expect anything else. I don't mind it from people who actually go to games and follow their club. It's the part timers and glory seeking big 6 that I have an issue with.

Already have my reply ready. Living in north Wales most people support Liverpool have no family connection and have been to one game in their life. They are terrible supporters.

I'm going to reply at least it wasn't against Liverpool, would never hear the end of it despite their spanking from Villa the other season.

I work with a load of Man U/City fans so thankfully I'm usually spared the criticism. Today, however, I'm stuck with a Leeds fan and a Spurs fan. Bleurgh

I work from home, for an organisation that (as far as I know) doesn't employ any of them. So there is no immediate danger.

That won't stop the abuse from neutrals though, who know who I support. So there will be some shit flying my way at some point, but not the same level as many will get.

To be honest though, the Pigs have got absolutely nothing, not a thing to gloat about. Part of me would quite relish a contest with a few of them to be honest. It would be very one sided.

Don't go to work anymore, thank fully but I did get an irritating text from a friend who's not the least bit interested in football asking "what happened in Sheffield today?". Couldn't be bothered to respond. His only football related comments have appeared when we've been in the Premier League

I'm not at work today, so I'm immune from getting any stick although I'm at AMC tonight so I reckon I'll cop a bit there.

My method is simple. I'll fight fire with fire as regards the Gruntlets. I'll remind the bin licking, puddle drinkers they are dogshit, marooned at the bottom of the league below us, and stuck with a half-witted, despotic dictator in charge.

I'll not bother with any of the football noise coming from any of the glory hunters, as I support and attend the games of my local side. There is very little I can learn from them and my knowledge and wisdom is wasted on them.

Working in Wallsend too, how delightful, fortunately not many care about football.

Back
Top Bottom