My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
A quite simply abject and pathetic performance today at BDTBL. We've gone from being worthy contenders to vulnerable victims in six drawn out months. As people say, this is on Heckingbottom and him, and his team, need to sort this shit out. If anyone has any confidence about this formation with these players after today then I'd be grateful for your working out because across the park it is a progressive regression to standards aligned with the failures in our relegation season under Wilder. We look afraid to take the fucking game by the throat and choke the living shit out of it. In short, we look like fucking imposters in the autos, and teams like Luton look far more worthy. Wednesday looms ... both as a team and a day in the calendar and for both to not make us even more tragic we need to get our heads out of our arses, admit the standard format is piss poor and start playing the football that is needed to get us promoted. If we don't, we all know what the consequences are and they are heartbreaking and humiliating in equal measures. Just extrapolate our start of next season with this lot - or possibly those still clinging onto a contract - and minus our only real hope Illiman Ndaiye. Those we haven't sold for a song to survive will still be here - Fleck, Stevens, Basham, Egan, Norwood, Sharp (possibly) ... all them who we came up from Div One with practically. That and millions owing and some shady bloke owning the club with no real plan for regeneration and no one signed in the TW. That is the spectre that haunts us. Today was one of the biggest shit or bust moments we had and we blew it. It's not all down to us now. It's all on Middlesbrough and they look very confident and capable.

As usual we started the first five being mopped up and dealt with knowing that this was just us going through the Bramall Lane motions. The rest of the half was spent benignly trying to tin-opener a way in with absolutely no real threat brought to bear on the Luton goal. Everything is as ever left to certain players to craft and when you can't even get the ball to them, Luton were happy to take the initiative. Our midfield in both halfs looks ragged and messy. We couldn't work the ball in and around their players and ended up going backwards as we tried to move forwards, pondering too long in areas we should be capitalising on. As we came out for the second half still with an underperforming Fleck and a business-as-usual Berge still on it was clear all Luton had to do was nick a goal because that is what they were set up to do. And they did it. They didn't just nick the goal too, they made us look incapable of coming back at them, until Hecky decided to make a change and bafflingly pulled off Fleck for Sharp when the game screamed to get Berge and Fleck off for McAtee and Doyle and leave Norwood on, himself being subbed later on dragging our best fucking defender off. What gives Hecky? Fuck's sake. At least with Doyle on we had more bite, and some sort of capability with McAtee but with others like Lowe and Bogle playing like dogshit, the mere spectacle of a goal was fanciful even if for a draw. Even with two minutes left in my deluded mind was the headline 'Blades win with two late, late goals!' but it was never gonna happen was it, no matter how much we huffed and puffed like a big bad gerbil.

Foderingham 5/10: Not much to do at all which spells out what kind of game it was and how Luton were set up. Beaten at the near post - again.
Bogle 3/10: An uninspiring, mistake-ridden game which left me feeling he's kinda not fucking bothered any more. Baldock in next game please. Try him in midfield.
Anel 5/10: and only just. Left Morris for the goal and looks decidedly doddy footed these days. A long way from earlier this season where he looked PL capable
Egan 5/10: Standard game from him. Still donkey bobbar as an auxiliary striker
JLT 6.5/10: Our best defender with the throws and the challenges and the ground he covers in his own way. Fuck knows why he was subbed. If you are going to four at the back get shut of Lowe and put him out wide
Lowe 4/10: Timit and ineffective. His yellow at the end kinda summed him up
Berge 3/10: A continuation of the shitness we have consistently seen this season. Him being able to hang onto the ball and run forward and having a shot cannon off one of theirs for a corner doesn't give me a £20m boner. Its taken us three long, fucking years to get everyone (bar Brownieblade and Edinblade) that this bloke is a fucking imposter.
Norwood 6/10: Thought he had a better game than many make out. But he can't fill three sets of football boots and today was pressed and harried a lot more than he should have been whilst Berge and Fleck did their traffic cone impersonations
Fleck 2/10: Last game for us now. The joke is over Hecky. He's been here since fucking years ago and has footballed his last at Bramall Lane. Let him go back to Scotland to play for Haggis Athletic and have fucking done with it. We cannot afford to allow him any more game time.
NDaiye 6/10: Does what he can and is so deft but can't hold this team up on his own. We were shitting ourselves the last injury was serious and it doesn't take much understanding that there is no player on our books who can do what he does, but we have to support him and help him. He worked his arse off today with McB for fucking nothing. It's what Sheffield United do
McB 6/10: Another one who worked himself into the ground but failed to capitalise on half chances

Sharp 5/10: Loads of hustle and bustle. Failed at taking half chances
McAtee 6/10: At least injected some forward motion but found himself isolated and alone or surrounded with players who didn't know how to move and exploit space
Doyle 6.5/10: Impressed with him tonight. Came on and made his point and gave us some bite although it would have been far better to leave Norwood on in the 'at home' role and allow Doyle to shift up the pitch

HJ&SMcC 1/10: Bad game for them and it all to do for Wednesday. They have to find out what worked so well against Spurs and stop doing favours for the likes of Berge and Fleck. Sunderland won't fuck about with us. They know how fragile we are and will gladly play round us and mop up our currently weak forays forward. And its a cold weekday game in a big old stadium a fair few miles away from home. They need radical change now because a loss to Sunderland and a win for Boro means we are effectively in the playoffs and we all know what happens next ...

pommpey

A quite simply abject and pathetic performance today at BDTBL. We've gone from being worthy contenders to vulnerable victims in six drawn out months. As people say, this is on Heckingbottom and him, and his team, need to sort this shit out. If anyone has any confidence about this formation with these players after today then I'd be grateful for your working out because across the park it is a progressive regression to standards aligned with the failures in our relegation season under Wilder. We look afraid to take the fucking game by the throat and choke the living shit out of it. In short, we look like fucking imposters in the autos, and teams like Luton look far more worthy. Wednesday looms ... both as a team and a day in the calendar and for both to not make us even more tragic we need to get our heads out of our arses, admit the standard format is piss poor and start playing the football that is needed to get us promoted. If we don't, we all know what the consequences are and they are heartbreaking and humiliating in equal measures. Just extrapolate our start of next season with this lot - or possibly those still clinging onto a contract - and minus our only real hope Illiman Ndaiye. Those we haven't sold for a song to survive will still be here - Fleck, Stevens, Basham, Egan, Norwood, Sharp (possibly) ... all them who we came up from Div One with practically. That and millions owing and some shady bloke owning the club with no real plan for regeneration and no one signed in the TW. That is the spectre that haunts us. Today was one of the biggest shit or bust moments we had and we blew it. It's not all down to us now. It's all on Middlesbrough and they look very confident and capable.

As usual we started the first five being mopped up and dealt with knowing that this was just us going through the Bramall Lane motions. The rest of the half was spent benignly trying to tin-opener a way in with absolutely no real threat brought to bear on the Luton goal. Everything is as ever left to certain players to craft and when you can't even get the ball to them, Luton were happy to take the initiative. Our midfield in both halfs looks ragged and messy. We couldn't work the ball in and around their players and ended up going backwards as we tried to move forwards, pondering too long in areas we should be capitalising on. As we came out for the second half still with an underperforming Fleck and a business-as-usual Berge still on it was clear all Luton had to do was nick a goal because that is what they were set up to do. And they did it. They didn't just nick the goal too, they made us look incapable of coming back at them, until Hecky decided to make a change and bafflingly pulled off Fleck for Sharp when the game screamed to get Berge and Fleck off for McAtee and Doyle and leave Norwood on, himself being subbed later on dragging our best fucking defender off. What gives Hecky? Fuck's sake. At least with Doyle on we had more bite, and some sort of capability with McAtee but with others like Lowe and Bogle playing like dogshit, the mere spectacle of a goal was fanciful even if for a draw. Even with two minutes left in my deluded mind was the headline 'Blades win with two late, late goals!' but it was never gonna happen was it, no matter how much we huffed and puffed like a big bad gerbil.

Foderingham 5/10: Not much to do at all which spells out what kind of game it was and how Luton were set up. Beaten at the near post - again.
Bogle 3/10: An uninspiring, mistake-ridden game which left me feeling he's kinda not fucking bothered any more. Baldock in next game please. Try him in midfield.
Anel 5/10: and only just. Left Morris for the goal and looks decidedly doddy footed these days. A long way from earlier this season where he looked PL capable
Egan 5/10: Standard game from him. Still donkey bobbar as an auxiliary striker
JLT 6.5/10: Our best defender with the throws and the challenges and the ground he covers in his own way. Fuck knows why he was subbed. If you are going to four at the back get shut of Lowe and put him out wide
Lowe 4/10: Timit and ineffective. His yellow at the end kinda summed him up
Berge 3/10: A continuation of the shitness we have consistently seen this season. Him being able to hang onto the ball and run forward and having a shot cannon off one of theirs for a corner doesn't give me a £20m boner. Its taken us three long, fucking years to get everyone (bar Brownieblade and Edinblade) that this bloke is a fucking imposter.
Norwood 6/10: Thought he had a better game than many make out. But he can't fill three sets of football boots and today was pressed and harried a lot more than he should have been whilst Berge and Fleck did their traffic cone impersonations
Fleck 2/10: Last game for us now. The joke is over Hecky. He's been here since fucking years ago and has footballed his last at Bramall Lane. Let him go back to Scotland to play for Haggis Athletic and have fucking done with it. We cannot afford to allow him any more game time.
NDaiye 6/10: Does what he can and is so deft but can't hold this team up on his own. We were shitting ourselves the last injury was serious and it doesn't take much understanding that there is no player on our books who can do what he does, but we have to support him and help him. He worked his arse off today with McB for fucking nothing. It's what Sheffield United do
McB 6/10: Another one who worked himself into the ground but failed to capitalise on half chances

Sharp 5/10: Loads of hustle and bustle. Failed at taking half chances
McAtee 6/10: At least injected some forward motion but found himself isolated and alone or surrounded with players who didn't know how to move and exploit space
Doyle 6.5/10: Impressed with him tonight. Came on and made his point and gave us some bite although it would have been far better to leave Norwood on in the 'at home' role and allow Doyle to shift up the pitch

HJ&SMcC 1/10: Bad game for them and it all to do for Wednesday. They have to find out what worked so well against Spurs and stop doing favours for the likes of Berge and Fleck. Sunderland won't fuck about with us. They know how fragile we are and will gladly play round us and mop up our currently weak forays forward. And its a cold weekday game in a big old stadium a fair few miles away from home. They need radical change now because a loss to Sunderland and a win for Boro means we are effectively in the playoffs and we all know what happens next ...

pommpey
Think some marks a tad high such a poor poor abject performance. I can take it when teams like Boro hand our backsides to us but today Luton came for a point and took 3 and we're very comfortable I cannot accept that couldn't pass wind today 10 mins in it was inevitable and I still kidded myself after they scored right that's it we will get 2 .. I'm 51 and still will never learn it's the Sheffield United way ... UTB

We didn't seem to have any system and yet again the opposition dominate midfield as though they have more men in there.
The players could hardly string 3 passes together, many were having poor games, but also the desire, character and belief was missing.
We looked a nervous relegation threatened team, the team was flat...so the crowd were flat probably disbelieving what they were watching.

I try to stay level headed and resist over reacting, however today reminded me of the dark days of Nigel Adkins....I'm thinking Scunthorpe at home.
Think the only real chance we created was the McBurnie header he put wide in injury time.

In answer to your question,I have confidence in this formation, for the following reasons:
-it’s this formation and players that have got us to 4 points clear with 10 games to go, in the first place.
  • the team often find a way of winning and bouncing back, after a bad performance and result.
  • many on hear have written this team off before.I recall some did after the first game of the season!
  • they have a great team ethic about them, and have the experience to see us through
  • Luton are a god awful team to play against, and did a number on us.
-the squad is one of the best in the Championship.
-I’m a glass half full person

Do your worst!

Haggis Athletic deserved a like on its own.

I also fully agree with the sentiment, Fleck has been so far past his sell by date he’s not even worth a yellow sticker in the reduced to clear aisle

To have got to half time still drawing with that starting 11 was a gift. He could change it, kicked the players up the arse at HT and we could have gone on to win the game still.

The useless prick still couldn't see what was in front of his own eyes and refused to change it until we had gone behind. Even then the subs were like picking a name out of hat. How the fuck did Baldock not get a game today? Jebbo? Doyle not starting after being MoM against Spurs? What the fuck is wrong with the man?

In answer to your question,I have confidence in this formation, for the following reasons:
-it’s this formation and players that have got us to 4 points clear with 10 games to go, in the first place.
  • the team often find a way of winning and bouncing back, after a bad performance and result.
  • many on hear have written this team off before.I recall some did after the first game of the season!
  • they have a great team ethic about them, and have the experience to see us through
  • Luton are a god awful team to play against, and did a number on us.
-the squad is one of the best in the Championship.
-I’m a glass half full person

Do your worst!
I'm not sure the team ethic/camaraderie is still there. A lot of them look disintersted or lethargic which is unusual for this group. The camaraderie with the fans is definitely not there either, which was part of the same mentality.

If Fleck ever plays for us again I am not renewing my ST.
We have but a few weeks left of Doyle & McAtee and I want to see them in our side.
I don't want to see Berge but he'll never be dropped until the end of the season when we might recoup a couple of bob for him from some idiot club.
Baldock must play.
I'd replace Egan with Clark.
Get Jebbo on not Sharp.
Oh how stupid was a 5 year contract for Hecky ... Who is managing his abject performances ?
Bettis ? The invisible local leader of the club which is a shambles from the top.

Today was just a dire performance against an organised and dogged Luton
Norwood and Fleck look finished, no legs, no creativity aimless forward balls
Both full backs had horror matches, a really depressing day all round
We are at home, get on the front foot, put teams under pressure, get the crowd going

If Fleck ever plays for us again I am not renewing my ST.
We have but a few weeks left of Doyle & McAtee and I want to see them in our side.
I don't want to see Berge but he'll never be dropped until the end of the season when we might recoup a couple of bob for him from some idiot club.
Baldock must play.
I'd replace Egan with Clark.
Get Jebbo on not Sharp.
Oh how stupid was a 5 year contract for Hecky ... Who is managing his abject performances ?
Bettis ? The invisible local leader of the club which is a shambles from the top.
I’d just like some ex Marine R. Lee Ermey type to come in and shake the fucking place up. Too many people on easy street and clearly taking the fucking piss out of the fans. Can remember Jack Charlton once taking his Wednesday players on the Royal Marines Course, can you imagine Hecky doing something like that to give them a kick up the arse? The soft as shit twat was probably giving them a consoling hug at 5pm today.

Should be a zero for Fleck, him starting over Doyle alone has cost us at least a point.

In fact, I can excuse the ‘mistake’ of starting him today given fleck played well at home against Watford, but to not hook him at half time (which he did twice with mcatee earlier in the season) is a decision that took a whopping 8 minutes to cost us the goal and the game.

Catastrophically bad management that the team were so horrifically bad in that first half.

Very poor today The players seemed to get the ball and get rid of it as if it,s a piece of metal that just came out of the blast furnace. trying to rush. kicking it anywhere. instead of controlling the ball and passing it correctly.Bogle, Norwood. Fleck should be dropped to the Bench. Berge needs a kick up the arse. you can see he is a good player. but does not do enough. We must improve and quickly otherwise we will miss out on auto promotion. we all know we are not good in the playoffs.

I’d just like some ex Marine R. Lee Ermey type to come in and shake the fucking place up. Too many people on easy street and clearly taking the fucking piss out of the fans. Can remember Jack Charlton once taking his Wednesday players on the Royal Marines Course, can you imagine Hecky doing something like that to give them a kick up the arse? The soft as shit twat was probably giving them a consoling hug at 5pm today.
He ain’t got a bollocking in him gutless

Our form has been so poor we are in danger of slipping down to the playoff places. Even the league games we have won were tight.

I can't get my head around why Hecky put that team on the pitch. Fleck is past it. Berge has achieved what I thought impossible, how can someone 6'5'' become invisible? His pressing game is fraudulent. Trot towards the player and then turn your shoulder telling the full back where he can clear it to. He seems to manage it every week. Norwood tried but not at the races today.

Bogle and Lowe cannot defend. They don't know where they should be and neither knows how jockey a wide player. Rushing in when the shouldn't.

And lastly. Ndiyae and McBurnie is not a good partnership. Ndiyae while game, takes too much out of the ball. And McBurnie due his awkwardness at trying to control the ball ends up slowing it all down. Won a few headers but we need more than that. Sharp is past it. What is going on with Jebbison?. I would rather have him playing and learning than looking at McBurnie and depending on Sharp to dig us out of a hole.

People seemed so sure a month or so ago that we had a really good squad “the best in the league” is what some were saying.

Performances and results have shown us otherwise and no level of spin can hide the fact that Boro are breathing down our necks and without a big change in attitude and performance we are a busted flush.

No meaningful shots on target today, a completely inept midfield performance. 2 wing backs who look completely lost both attacking and defending.

Generous marks for all the team pomps, no one was even 5/10 today.

Wes. 5. Was he at fault for the goal? Hard to tell from the Kop, distribution was poor today.

Bogle. 1. Wow one of the worst performances in the wing back role I’ve ever seen did he do one thing right today? Terrible
Anel 5. okay at the back but seems to have lost the attacking spark
Egan. 6 not at fault today
JLT. 6 also not at fault today. Baffling why he was subbed off
Lowe. 3. Well he was better than than the other wing back today, I am grateful for small mercies where he is concerned

Fleck. 2. oh dear only Boggle’s truly tragic performance saves him from the lowest mark. Time to hang them up John
Norwood. 3. in A truly wretched run of form since January needs to snap out of it or we won’t challenge in the play offs
Bege 4. Another nothing performance from Sandra. It says more about how bad the other two midfielders were that a 4 makes him the highest marked of our midfield

Mcburnie 5. Looks oddly subdued I wonder if the prospect of the 10th booking is weighing on his mind
Ndiyae 4. Once again completely marked out if it never less than two men on him. When he did get away he then trod to do too much and lost it.

Sharp. 4 Tried his best but looks like it is nearing the end now. a partnership with McBurnie has never worked.
Doyle 5. Did more than the other Center mids Who started, but not on long enough. Should have been on at HT
McAtee. See Doyle.

Hecky. 0. Did not get one decision right today, wrong team selection, wrong tactics wrong subs.

People seemed so sure a month or so ago that we had a really good squad “the best in the league” is what some were saying.

Performances and results have shown us otherwise and no level of spin can hide the fact that Boro are breathing down our necks and without a big change in attitude and performance we are a busted flush.

No meaningful shots on target today, a completely inept midfield performance. 2 wing backs who look completely lost both attacking and defending.

Generous marks for all the team pomps, no one was even 5/10 today.
When you start with the likes of Fleck,Lowe and Bogle I even prefer Run Around to Lowe

Back
Top Bottom