My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I said to Mrs G, as we were walking out of the ground, "if I wanted to be bored, depressed and freezing cold, I could have just sat in the back garden, rather than coming down here".

What an absolute shit show that was. Once I saw the team line up, I knew we were in trouble, especially in midfield. When I arrived at the ground, all the lads I know and chat to, were saying the same thing, "have you seen the starting line up?".

Luton - we should know what they are all about, not much in the way of skill/talent, but very athletic; fit, fast, strong. So what do we do?, we start with players who are not fit, fast or strong. Fleck, sorry John, not your fault that you are being picked, but good grief man, have some situational awareness. There was a point in the first half where Flecky was trotting forward with the ball, dithering, and one of their players just ran up behind him and took the ball from his feet, school playground stuff.

The lad who sits next to me said "we would be better sticking Bash on, in Fleck's place, at least he can carry the ball forward, can defend a bit, has decent stamina", and I couldn't argue with that.

When the same lads came out for the second half, we (the lads who sit around me every week), were shocked and just sort of looked at each other, open mouthed.

Constantly lumping the ball forward, when it was obvious after 15 minutes that Oli McB, as good as he can be in the air, was getting nowhere against their defenders.

Not starting Doyle was bad enough, but taking Jack Robbo off?, can anyone on here defend that?, the hardest of hard cases gets taken off when playing against a really tough, strong team? I sort of get Max Lowe being on, because Ossie is crocked, but Bogle instead of George B?, Same as Robbo, we are playing against a tough, physical side, and George, for all his lack of height and build, is fearless, the opposite of Sander in a way, smaller than average with the heart of a Lion.

Billy - there was a time when the ball would have dropped for him in the box, and he would have turned on it and lashed it into the net, but those few extra seconds he needs these days mean he is blocked and closed down. Still strong and can still hold it up well, though.

The two pig fans in our local (good lads, to be fair) couldn't wait for me and the Mrs to walk into the pub, "what happened today?, thought you would have beaten them, are you still confident about the top two place?". I didn't bite.

I have said on a few occasions, on here, over the last few weeks, that Boro were more than capable of catching and over taking us, and people would quickly jump on that, saying how Boro would give their right arm to be in second place, with a points lead. Well, they don't need to give their right arm, do they?, just be patient for a few more weeks.

That pretty much sums up the pre match conversations around me. If all the kop can see it why can't Hecky. I did wonder if the team had been picked in Saudi Arabia.

I said to Mrs G, as we were walking out of the ground, "if I wanted to be bored, depressed and freezing cold, I could have just sat in the back garden, rather than coming down here".

What an absolute shit show that was. Once I saw the team line up, I knew we were in trouble, especially in midfield. When I arrived at the ground, all the lads I know and chat to, were saying the same thing, "have you seen the starting line up?".

Luton - we should know what they are all about, not much in the way of skill/talent, but very athletic; fit, fast, strong. So what do we do?, we start with players who are not fit, fast or strong. Fleck, sorry John, not your fault that you are being picked, but good grief man, have some situational awareness. There was a point in the first half where Flecky was trotting forward with the ball, dithering, and one of their players just ran up behind him and took the ball from his feet, school playground stuff.

The lad who sits next to me said "we would be better sticking Bash on, in Fleck's place, at least he can carry the ball forward, can defend a bit, has decent stamina", and I couldn't argue with that.

When the same lads came out for the second half, we (the lads who sit around me every week), were shocked and just sort of looked at each other, open mouthed.

Constantly lumping the ball forward, when it was obvious after 15 minutes that Oli McB, as good as he can be in the air, was getting nowhere against their defenders.

Not starting Doyle was bad enough, but taking Jack Robbo off?, can anyone on here defend that?, the hardest of hard cases gets taken off when playing against a really tough, strong team? I sort of get Max Lowe being on, because Ossie is crocked, but Bogle instead of George B?, Same as Robbo, we are playing against a tough, physical side, and George, for all his lack of height and build, is fearless, the opposite of Sander in a way, smaller than average with the heart of a Lion.

Billy - there was a time when the ball would have dropped for him in the box, and he would have turned on it and lashed it into the net, but those few extra seconds he needs these days mean he is blocked and closed down. Still strong and can still hold it up well, though.

The two pig fans in our local (good lads, to be fair) couldn't wait for me and the Mrs to walk into the pub, "what happened today?, thought you would have beaten them, are you still confident about the top two place?". I didn't bite.

I have said on a few occasions, on here, over the last few weeks, that Boro were more than capable of catching and over taking us, and people would quickly jump on that, saying how Boro would give their right arm to be in second place, with a points lead. Well, they don't need to give their right arm, do they?, just be patient for a few more weeks.

Spot on. Can't disagree with any of that. Unfortunately. 😔

Um - your referral to my wife and Oliver Norwood ring any bells, Forrest?

That's okay. Because in no way are you a bellend. At all.

Why do you ask? Are you?

Yes, but y'see to verify that and to dispel any opinion you're a lying shit and to prove your credibility, i'f you'd just provide your licence number I can send it to Jonathan or to my other mate at a Div 2 club and they can 'yay' or 'nay' it and we can all start believing your opinions are a great deal above Panini and Subbuteo.

Frankly I don't believe you know anything about football, or coaching. So if you want to prove even me wrong (like you seem so fond of broadcasting how right you think you are) then you'll cough up the details and we can all then start understanding you are more than just a gobshite.

pommpey

That’s true I did say that many apologies Portsmouth

Ok then I’m happy with that

I’m not lying I just can’t be bothered to go up in the loft to grab it , but you have my word

I do know a lot about football as if you go over my opinions/predictions I am always right all the time hence the term that’s a FALLOWFIELD FACT you never know it could even make it into the Oxford dictionary if it carries on

I don’t know why you have to get so uptight about everything ? Is the music career not working out did Ms Portsmouth burn your tea last night ?

End of the day we’re all blades aren’t we so let’s all be friends

Very accurate and scathing as usual pommps - I would definitely give Billy an extra point just for the forearm smash. It was the only bit of fight we had all game !

UTB !

Doyle, Mcatte, Coulibaly, instead of Norwood, Fleck, and Berge.
Baldock instead of Bogle.against Sunderland.
thats the least hecky has to change the team to but dont hold your breath i think hes too stubborn and not a good enough manager to change things all im expecting is another defeat im afraid to say

No. I've just taken the time to deal with you. Occasionally in 'My take ...' we get people just like you. Possibly knowing and caring not a fuck about the football or Sheffield United instead 'having an inflated opinion' so large they think they can gainstage the debate by attacking the poster, not what has been posted just for their own satisfaction or worse still, ego.

As you'll see though, given United's pisspoor performance yesterday (the subject matter) there's more than 50% than you wrongly attest agree with me. Your subject matter is 'me'. If the 'My take ... ' was about me, then you'd have a point. But it's not. It's about United's game yesterday. So it's pointless. As are you.

If you can't handle having the ball whacked back across the court at you then put your racquet down and fuck off. Either that, or talk to everyone about football and how you think United played really well yesterday. If you actually watched the game, that is.

pommpey
Can't even be arsed to read all that tbh.

Have a nice day

Good photo by the BBC. Shows just how bad Wes was at protecting his near post. What's that he's let in there now? Four or five where he's not guarded his near post properly?

I dont think it was an issue protecting his near post look at his stance. Thats a goalkeeper collecting a ball on the ground. Personally I dont think he saw Morrison running in. I think he was expecting the "cross" to come straight to him. His fault then to me was awareness.

Agree

Baldock and Clark in - JLT r w back - Bogle and Lowe out

Doyle in - Fleck out

You do the Hecky cokey ti turn us around

That’s what it’s all about
What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it’s all about?

the worrying thing about to todays abysmal performance is as you say luton are a bang average side burnley and boro would have put 4 or 5 past them and they wont finish top 6 hecky and mcall better get their acts together quick because its going to get very ugly down at the lane if we see any more performances like today and throw this season away
Luton make most teams struggle, including Burnley and Middlesbrough this season.

Berge is poor in the air. His timing, leap, bravery and heading technique is rubbish. He gets his head on some headers (won 67% vs Luton) due to being 6'4, but people who expect him to be good in the air will keep getting disappointed.
I expect him to be good on the floor. I keep getting disappointed.

How is his tossing it off playing in Norway Bergs?

Reckon Hecky started fleck not mcatee after the last Luton game. Our ponderous build up isn’t working against teams with energy who also sit back. away games down south on wednesday don’t help us against scrappers like millwall and Luton on Saturday. Under wilder for a while we were that high energy team and successful. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. Sort it out Hecky.
To me it would send a message to the player and Luton to have started him and challenges him to show how he has grown. A bit lilly livered to not see that opportunity, to lay down the gauntlet to McAtee, a guy who sees his future as going far in the game. He's not going to kick on at City of he can't overcome such adversity.

I dont think it was an issue protecting his near post look at his stance. Thats a goalkeeper collecting a ball on the ground. Personally I dont think he saw Morrison running in. I think he was expecting the "cross" to come straight to him. His fault then to me was awareness.
Yes he's gone with the old cricketing ball collection stance, completely assuming nobody touches the ball and left the back door open.

It's poor goalkeeping either way. He's been far less secure since the World Cup yet seems to be getting away with it when it comes to blame being apportioned. Yes Hecky is rightly getting the stick. Hardly any reports seem to be honing in on Luton scoring with their only shot on target which could have been easily saved if our no 1 hadn't just assumed instead of watching the ball and as you say, having awareness.

Last edited:
That’s true I did say that many apologies Portsmouth

Ah, yes. 'You forgot'.

Ok then I’m happy with that

I'm not.

I’m not lying I just can’t be bothered to go up in the loft to grab it , but you have my word

You are lying, or you'd prove your shit. Get your lazy arse up there, give me the number and we'll sort this out.

I do know a lot about football as if you go over my opinions/predictions I am always right all the time hence the term that’s a FALLOWFIELD FACT you never know it could even make it into the Oxford dictionary if it carries on

Like picking players who are injured or suspended. That's just for starters. Picking Olsen was another. Need I go on ... ?

I don’t know why you have to get so uptight about everything ? Is the music career not working out did Ms Portsmouth burn your tea last night ?

My 'music career' is but a past-time and something which gives me (and the packed boozer on Friday) a great deal of pleasure. If you happen across my band's facebook site you'll see why. That is called 'proof'. It's something I can back up and am proud of. You can't back up anything Mr Gump. One number. Go on. Off you fuck ...

pommpey

Always loved our Billy, but he's just too old now

he's built up his legend status by having a glorious first touch and the ability to be aware in tight corners,
Saturday balls were hitting his shins and after looking where the ball was that instinct to get the ball was gone
Fleck offers nothing just when its needed, his creativity has deserted him
Berge wanders around now without direction, he's offering very little

let's play the kids who matched Spurs in all departments

and put the oldies out to stud

Always loved our Billy, but he's just too old now

he's built up his legend status by having a glorious first touch and the ability to be aware in tight corners,
Saturday balls were hitting his shins and after looking where the ball was that instinct to get the ball was gone
Fleck offers nothing just when its needed, his creativity has deserted him
Berge wanders around now without direction, he's offering very little

let's play the kids who matched Spurs in all departments

and put the oldies out to stud

As I've said on another thread, the crime is that the kids haven't being cultivated over the past 30+ games to a point where they're ready to go...

Why hasn't there being an active policy of getting Jebbison, Arblaster, Coulibally, Brooks 20/30mins every other game - so when we get to this point in the season they're an option?

As it is, they've hardly played so they're not really an option... Criminal when you sit back and think about it...

Ah, yes. 'You forgot'.

I'm not.

You are lying, or you'd prove your shit. Get your lazy arse up there, give me the number and we'll sort this out.

Like picking players who are injured or suspended. That's just for starters. Picking Olsen was another. Need I go on ... ?

My 'music career' is but a past-time and something which gives me (and the packed boozer on Friday) a great deal of pleasure. If you happen across my band's facebook site you'll see why. That is called 'proof'. It's something I can back up and am proud of. You can't back up anything Mr Gump. One number. Go on. Off you fuck ...

pommpey

I’m not lying Portsmouth you have my word and I’m a forum member of my word

In terms of Roben Olsen he frauded me much like he defrauded Aston Villa and the Swedish national team maybe he is a great trainer 🤷‍♂️

I will get the license out but it’s under the crimbo decorations so I will deffo get it out by December 2023 but until then you will have to believe me

The “packed boozer” I’m sure was enthralled i just hope you didn’t give out your footballing opinions or the pub would have emptied faster than the lane after 80 minutes recently

All joking aside if you need any musical advice I can help , I am not just an A license holder I also have a Mobo a grammy and 3 Brit awards if you need any help finding venues bigger than the small room at the leadmill I would happily help a fellow S24SU member out

As I've said on another thread, the crime is that the kids haven't being cultivated over the past 30+ games to a point where they're ready to go...

Why hasn't there being an active policy of getting Jebbison, Arblaster, Coulibally, Brooks 20/30mins every other game - so when we get to this point in the season they're an option?

As it is, they've hardly played so they're not really an option... Criminal when you sit back and think about it...

To be fair jebbo looked like he was ready he scored a few and looked like the player we hoped

Then he hasn’t even made the bench

I would have even Osula ahead of sharp and from what I have seen of Osula he is better than jebbo

However if we don’t give them opportunities why should they accept any new contracts

All joking aside if you need any musical advice I can help , I am not just an A license holder I also have a Mobo a grammy and 3 Brit awards if you need any help finding venues bigger than the small room at the leadmill I would happily help a fellow S24SU member out

Yeah, that'll happen

You're not even any good at trolling, Mr Gump

Option three

pommpey

Thanks for that. Are you here to have a pop at me sweetheart or comment on the football? I don't give a fat fuck what you think about me. If your ego is that fucking limited that the football doesn't matter as much as some poster, then maybe masturbation with an oiled thumb up your well fucked farter is for you.

Love 'n' kisses

pommpey
Steady Pomms, dont bother replying you really dont need to as you tell it how it is......Bobby

Thanks for that. Are you here to have a pop at me sweetheart or comment on the football? I don't give a fat fuck what you think about me. If your ego is that fucking limited that the football doesn't matter as much as some poster, then maybe masturbation with an oiled thumb up your well fucked farter is for you.

Love 'n' kisses

pommpey

2763FB08-0767-4A55-A6A7-8363F4132DC7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom