My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Made to look shite by a feckin non league team , even after taking an early lead.
How can we fail to impose ourselves in such circumstances ?
Premier league ?
We're having a laugh.
No one in midfield to run things.
No semblance of playing through the thirds.
Hoofball from all defenders.
Embarrassing.
When are we actually going to dominate after taking the lead ?
And now Jebbo out for 3.
And another match to play.
Anything can happen by Tuesday night.
And probably will.
Talk about bizarre times !
Mystery takeover.
Mystery embargo.
Mystery cash shortage.
Mystery total silence from the board.
Mystery transfer window.
Mystery Berge absence.
Mystery how we can perform so badly yet avoid defeat.
It's like being in the feckin twilight zone.

Having watched Utd for 52 years I honestly have no idea how we are where we are . Truly mind boggling .

We looked like a bunch of strangers who were picked at random by two blind mice and then shown a football for the very first time. We were shocking .

How can this team be 12 points clear of third when the majority on this forum , game after game , agree that we lose the plot after 20 mins or so and look like we are hanging on rather than pulling away . We truly are an inigma.

See what you mean.

We often get dominated in the middle 3rd of the pitch.
However Wilder used to say it's no good dominating the middle 3rd when the result depends on what you do in the goal areas.

The XG stats show we create more and better chances than the oppostion virtually every match.
So we are comfortably the 2nd best team in the league on merit.

Jebbo red was never a red if so there defender should have gone

Made to look shite by a feckin non league team , even after taking an early lead.
Premier league ?
We're having a laugh.
Embarrassing.
And now Jebbo out for 3.
And probably will.
Mystery takeover.
Mystery embargo.
Mystery cash shortage.
Mystery transfer window.
Mystery Berge absence.

A bit sensationalist but can't disagree with any of that.

Have said it before and will say it again, you can't play Doyle and McAtee together. It just doesn't work, and it is no coincidence that yet again when they both start we have conceded 3 goals.
We didnt concede any when they were on the pitch at the same time

I agree, Davies didn't control his area, and stayed on his line most of the time, at one point it looked like he punched the ball when he should have caught it, although holding on to the ball seems a bit of a problem for him. His actions clearly unsettled the defence.

It did make me laugh when every time there was a throw-in the game stopped for a couple of minutes to let Tozer come and take the throw. If their game revolves around him, they are just a bunch of one-trick ponies.

Average score =4- says it a all. I agree with absolutely all your comments Pomps

The lack of composure was so annoying- playing games like this you want your players to ooze class and show the world what a good outfit you are.

Safe from Egan, Norwood and McB - the rest looked like conference players, and if anyone thinks Berge would have helped forget that- in games like these he completely goes invisible.

Macatee and Doyle in same midfield just is not enough- far too lightweight.

This team in the Prem enough to put you in a cold sweat.

Fair and balanced assessment Pommps. No control of game in midfield - not a new issue. with Berge likely going and fleck forever injured we look very stretched. Osborne definitely not the answer too lightweight. It seems ridiculous to feel this gloomy looking at the table but you can only suspend disbelief for so long. If new owner is debt financed and tight on transfers we are deep deep in it. next season in prem could be best spent with yer head under the covers.

Got out jail yesterday big time .. yes the pitch etc was a leveller but same for both teams and you have to adapt .
The worrying thing for me is we got out battled second half , they were a typical Parkinson team big man up top , long throws& set pieces etc but surely Hecky and co knew this & Robbo ( unless injured ) would have been made to measure for this game ?
We sat way to deep against a side that play direct and I’ve never seen us give the ball away so much yesterday .
Re all the noise around Berge , without him in the squad yesterday we had no other options in midfield and we’ll get found out in the run in if he goes and we don’t replace him... loads came up short yesterday , but Osborn & Davies looked like Sunday league would be a league too high for them .
Hope we put out a decent side for the replay & getting them on a football pitch with floodlights should help .
Getting sick of saying this since the restart , we are not playing well

Fantastic game for the neutral, great game for the BBC, we battled hard and hung in there, showed some character grit and determination as Atkins used to say to get a result
Second half completely over run in midfield yet again when we drop so deep

Kicked off at midnight here, and I was still suffering from Friday night out with the lads. I have to rely on ‘My Take’ for the match description. Cheers Pompey.

My thoughts- too many players having a night off, but we still managed to avoid losing with only 10 men. 🤷‍♂️

We were poor all over, but many teams have been on the end of upsets and many teams will be in the future.

We avoided that and managed to salvage a draw against a confident team who were buzzing off the atmosphere.

Strange fixture and one we won't experience again this season, please to be in the draw.

Oh and Hecky, taking McB off for a fucking midget was tactical genius. The only threat they had was corners and long throw ins, taking off the best header of a ball we have was a master stroke, if you're a fucking simpleton that is.
^^This exactly^^ Although I wouldn't say McB is the best header of the ball we have, he is effective at defending set pieces and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him being replaced by Sharp.

Embarrassing and unprofessional.

If we go up, we're going to have to replace the majority of the squad to have any hope of staying there.

But we didn't concede a goal whilst they were on the pitch together

We didnt concede any when they were on the pitch at the same tim
Totally accept that.
The early goal, and the early loss of two players for Wrexham should have meant that we dominated the game but we didn't. From halfway through the first half we lost the midfield battle and never got it back. Momentum in football is a massive factor.
Starting Doyle and McAtee in three games has resulted in conceding 3 goals in each. For it to happen once you think perhaps it was just an off day, second time you start to think that it's more than a coincidence and you don't risk it a third time. But we did, against a non-league team and yet again we let 3 goals in.

Completely fair assessment I'm afraid, at least my mates & colleagues down here now understand why I'm nervous despite a 12 point lead in the league. It just feels as if we're one bad injury or sale away from a problem.

I agree re Anel, not sure he's recovered from glandular fever yet (no surprise) and he looks low on confidence, or maybe he's just sunk to the level of his team-mates?

My big concern is that this is the blueprint to stop us. Be physical and get in our faces, we don't like it. It nearly worked for Blackpool and pretty much did for QPR, but I'm sure other teams/managers will have noted what we did and didn't do yesterday.

The Wrexham game is reminder of what we've been risking for weeks, the difference was they took their chances. It's been a very strange season tbh, second half v Burnley aside, the last few months have been rinse & repeat. If we go up great but it should feel much better than this?

Premier league ?
We're having a laugh.
Embarrassing.
And now Jebbo out for 3.
And probably will.
Mystery takeover.
Mystery embargo.
Mystery cash shortage.
Mystery transfer window.
Mystery Berge absence.
You’re a glass half empty person, aren’t you?

we were awful and wrexham should have won that game cant believe linekar and co were so generous towards us and please hecky dont play bash at lcb again it just doesnt work actually agree with another poster we didnt look up for this one

Embarrassing and unprofessional.

If we go up, we're going to have to replace the majority of the squad to have any hope of staying there.
We will have nowhere near enough money to do that , unless a new owner has huge capital to invest.
Fingers crossed he does.
In fact , if he doesn't , I can't quite see the rationale for buying the club.
Just look at the cash we got from 2 years in the PL , followed by the parachutes.
Then look at how much of the squad is of good quality and actually under contract beyond this summer.
A quite staggering amount of money has flowed through the club since 2019 and my guess is that the Prince has realised that even in the PL , we can't be self-sustaining , let alone in the Championship.

Did anyone else notice when Brewster went down the tunnel with Jebbo and the steward tried to stop him. Brewster said Do you know who I am? The steward said No

Two things here,
1, We didn't lose.
2, The BBC will almost certainly, I would think, want to Televise the replay .

So despite all the sack cloth and tears it will all end with more money for both clubs.
Pluss a chance of a home game against a top club ...

We were winning 1-0 when McAtee went off. How do you figure that Einstein????
There's more to a game of football than the fuckin obvious. We had lost the midfield, they were already putting us under pressure. Momentum is everything in any sport, easy to lose it bloody difficult to get it back. You don't need to be Einstein to work that one out.

There's more to a game of football than the fuckin obvious. We had lost the midfield, they were already putting us under pressure. Momentum is everything in any sport, easy to lose it bloody difficult to get it back. You don't need to be Einstein to work that one out.
Possibly the worst, most nebulous come back in the history of this forum. Are you Fallowfield in disguise?

Momentum? That's it? Wow. Maybe stick to relativity in future...

Trouble is, it's habit-forming.

We start most games at them, attack, ball gets cleared, we're back up the pitch in a relentless campaign to get the first shot in or goal scored. Then, you can almost set your watch on it, we switch the fuck off and lose impetus. Possession is hard to regain and retain and we end up pushed back into our own half and under immense pressure. Even if a goal or maybe two up, we still let everyone know we are there for the taking. We allow ourselves to be pushed into the kill zone out by the side of the penalty area and it's there teams do the job on us, regain the ball and get back out. Then we are back pedalling big style trying to stop the counter because the wingbacks are so far up we haven't got a traditional 'back four' who defend in a line. We then get panicked fail to get a fucking grip on the game and return, strangely, to the same predictable tactic of playing it out wide. It's only when NDaiye gets the ball at his feet he takes player on and goes round them. None of our midfield, even Doyle and McAtee, seem to have that confidence or quality to one-two round their opponents or even burst past at speed with the ball close at feet. Every time we get the bal it's humped forward to Jebbison. somewhere near McBurnie or up into space for Sharp to chase on his own and hang onto until support arrives.

Eventually our pattern is so readable it only takes a few instructions from the opposition dugout and we are clean out of ideas.

It's THAT predictable.

pommpey

pommpey What would your marks have been at half time? I thought up to that point we had done ok.
2nd half obviously a different story.

Back
Top Bottom