Greg Cunningham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was good in happy days. Never heard of him, but he's a left-back. Not quite sure what the point is in swapping a decent left-back for presumably another decent left-back. I'd rather we were spending time trying to sign a striker or 6. What's wrong with Hill anyway?

His attacking contribution is poor. Hill never scores, never makes assists, very rarely is part of good passing moves.

Defensively he is solid.

In a team that has no problems creating chances and scoring goals without the help from the left back he'd be good. We'll have to see what type of left back we require.

Greg Cunningham?

Is he that bloke off Masterchef. - Be OK with half time refreshments.

Sorry 'High Tea'

He was good in happy days. Never heard of him, but he's a left-back. Not quite sure what the point is in swapping a decent left-back for presumably another decent left-back. I'd rather we were spending time trying to sign a striker or 6. What's wrong with Hill anyway?

It's not that there's anything wrong with Hill apart from Bergen Blade's very valid points, but Cunningham is 10 years younger and has a lot more of an attacking threat so for the long term, Cunningham would be a better option if there was a swap deal involved.

I'd prefer to see Hill used more as a centre half now to be honest. He's not the tallest but he's got a good leap and he does read the game well.

His attacking contribution is poor. Hill never scores, never makes assists, very rarely is part of good passing moves.

Defensively he is solid.

In a team that has no problems creating chances and scoring goals without the help from the left back he'd be good. We'll have to see what type of left back we require.

I think you and I have discussed this in the past. A left back like Hill is fine when you've got a right back like Lowton but when it's Hill on one flank and McMahon on the other, there's no overlap or intelligent off-the-ball running in the opposition half. It's the single reason we were so poor at creating chances last season and needs dealing with as a priority.

If, however, you go too far the other way and play attacking full backs on both sides you end up unbalancing the team in an even more detrimental way - see Barcelona's implosion last season when they played Alba on one side and Dani Alves on the other.

I don't know what McGinty's like in an attacking sense but I'd prefer to see Hill used as centre half cover if he is to stay. Higginbotham can turn out on the bench as an overage player in the U21s.

I'd prefer to see Hill used more as a centre half now to be honest. He's not the tallest but he's got a good leap and he does read the game well.

Great minds eh Daz?!

Was saying the same thing to a mate tonight Hill is better at CB and will be ok as cover in that position
An attacking full back is a must this season it was quite obvious this was a problem that was not addressed by Wilson as was the lack of pace throughout the side

Obviously having never heard of Cunningham i haven't got a clue, bit i just wonder if he's any good then why would they want to swap him for Hill? Plus i got the impression McGinty is sposed to be a left-back too. May as well play him and swap Hill for a striker if we're swapping him. Yes i know that's not really all that likely, unless it's a duffer who can't hit a goats gonads with a ukelele, but ya never know!

Back
Top Bottom