CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Despite him playing in a poor team this season, they can't really ignore the fact he has been doing well in the Premier League.

I'm really pleased he was able to make an impact in the Prem. It’s probably a double-edged sword for you lot though cos I’d guess a Palace/Luton or a promoted team would take a punt on him now

He came on for the last 15 minutes against Albania, just played a nice little flicked pass to lay on the 3rd goal in injury time

odds are against us but i think he might be back at the lane with cameron archer and although he usually plays wide left i think him and archer would be as good a front 2 in the championship next season

I get the impression from Bettis that both of these lads could be back next season but that it has to be at the right price which is fair enough. He didn't exactly close the door on either potential deal so maybe something could be done.

I listened to all of the interview and I did not get that impression at all. I expect Villa to sell Archer to highest bidder - won’t be another loan. Bereton Diaz - will also need a big fee. Not sure we will be able to afford that. If Wilder is having to rebuild I think we will have to be shopping at mid Championship level at best. The Prince does not have deep pockets sadly, so with ever reducing parachute payments, we will be back to modest incomings with the hope that Wilder unearths more O’Connell, Duffy, Fleck type signings.

From what I have read of the interview Archer is going back. However if we get the reported 9 million back assuming that's what we actually handed over and not a part payment then that's money to spend on another player.

I listened to all of the interview and I did not get that impression at all. I expect Villa to sell Archer to highest bidder - won’t be another loan. Bereton Diaz - will also need a big fee. Not sure we will be able to afford that. If Wilder is having to rebuild I think we will have to be shopping at mid Championship level at best. The Prince does not have deep pockets sadly, so with ever reducing parachute payments, we will be back to modest incomings with the hope that Wilder unearths more O’Connell, Duffy, Fleck type signings.
we will be selling anel and souza for a kick off personally apart from the promoted clubs cant see any other prem teams being in for archer i still think theres a chance of both being back hete next season

He's looked really good every time I've seen him, if we were able to get him on a season long loan next year then it would be encouraging, obviously it's dependent on what Villarreal want to do but he just seems to work

He's looked really good every time I've seen him, if we were able to get him on a season long loan next year then it would be encouraging, obviously it's dependent on what Villarreal want to do but he just seems to work
You can see any of the current low end Premier League team or one of the promoted teams taking him, so no chance he returns to the Championship.
Complete Captain Hindsight but he brings more to the team than Archer has. Though hadn't BBD agreed to join Villarreal last January so was never a option to sign last summer?

You can see any of the current low end Premier League team or one of the promoted teams taking him, so no chance he returns to the Championship.

At the same time, nobody ever though that Mitrovic would stick about at Fulham when he did and became a cheat code for all intents and purposes. Never say never. Also don't disagree with your Archer comments, I had a lower opinion than most when he came in but to say he's been underwhelming is an understatement

Complete Captain Hindsight but he brings more to the team than Archer has. Though hadn't BBD agreed to join Villarreal last January so was never a option to sign last summer?

Scored 4 in 5 starts at PL level. No chance he’s coming back to us. He’ll want to give it a decent crack at this level and we can’t offer him that under this ownership.

He has been fabulous for us - his all round play, positional sense and making a nuisance of himself has been immense. His £60,000 per week wages at his parent club will scupper any hopes of having him on loan next year though.

We need to sign the next BBD who is somewhere hanging around in League one for a few thousand and develope him rather than try and buy players who have already been “discovered” and cost a lot and are on big wages. This is what we did when Wilder joined the first time and during our rise to the EPL under CW.

Scored 4 in 5 starts at PL level. No chance he’s coming back to us. He’ll want to give it a decent crack at this level and we can’t offer him that under this ownership.
Him and OM will both be playing prem football next season

He's been so impressive. Very sharp and responsive, first to the ball so often in a variety of situations. Back to goal he's good, on the turn he's excellent, physically he can compete in every way and his decision making and end product is good. PL standard attacker, basically

He's done far too well for us to have any chance of getting him back. It's also a great partnership with McBurnie that would murder the championship. Our current attack is brilliant yet none of them will be here next season. It's hard to take. We have serious work to do replacing them

BBD will end up at Brentford after they lose Tony to Newcastle or ManU

Agree - No chance McBurnie plays in premier league. No one is going to get a 3 year contract based on his injury record. Either Championship or more likely off to Glasgow Rangers.

BBD has youth on his side as well,to increase the value

Agree - No chance McBurnie plays in premier league. No one is going to get a 3 year contract based on his injury record. Either Championship or more likely off to Glasgow Rangers.
Surely he’s got more professional ambition and self respect than than playing in Scotland

Maybe …. But he’s supposedly a big Rangers fan & can also get European football - so this may be his preference.

I would love us to sign him for next year. I can't see it happening as I think he will get picked up by another bottom 6 prem team next year.

But what it should show his how valuable having a striker with some pace and physicality, in addition to some skill gives us.

Diaz and McBurnie look like a great partnership in the champ next year but sadly don’t think either will be here.

A bottom 6/promoted team will likely take a punt on McBurnie for free. He’ll probably hit 9/10 goals before the end of the season which is a decent ratio in a poor side.

Alternative is go and bang them in for fun at Rangers in front of 50,000 and get European football.

Either way another slog in the championship on less money is going to have little appeal.

Diaz also likely to get a deal with a promoted side and regular/semi regular PL football on better wages than we’d be offering.

You'd think he'd done enough to earn himself a Premiership move, but there's no guarantee that happens. The only way I think he finds himself back here is if he's left without any suitors at the end of the window and doesn't fancy staying in Spain. It might happen, but I hope we don't spend the summer assuming he'll come - I'd put it at 10% or so.

Absolutely no surprise.

This was the aim of his move. We knew it, he knew it, Villarreal knew it.

We got a decent player on loan who’s contributed - gave us a SLIM chance of staying up or at least being competitive.

He’s put himself in the shop window for a 2nd crack abroad or a PL transfer.

Villarreal have a player with more confidence, and likely more interest should they wish to sell.

The only way he’d have ended up staying with us was if he bombed, or he’d somehow managed to help us stay up.

Came here and contributed, can’t ask for more.

GLTTL.

Back
Top Bottom