Roy's View From... Everton Fans Views On Robin Olsen

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

You want to hear words like ‘solid’ when it comes to a keeper. It annoys me when people talk about ‘distribution’ as the prime determining factor on if a keeper is good or not. Just make saves, if you want good distribution, you’ve got 4 or 5 blokes infront of you that can distribute it, just roll it to one of them and let them do it. Good distribution for a keeper means absolutely fuck all if they throw one in every 3 games like Pickford for Everton.

Give me a good shot stopper and someone who claims crosses and organises the defence over a good distributor every day of the week.

Seems we will have to make up our own minds.
Least he aught to better than we have presently, having played at international level.
Onwards and upwards.😋
Thank you, Roy.

Seems we will have to make up our own minds.
Least he aught to better than we have presently, having played at international level.
Onwards and upwards.😋
Thank you, Roy.
Playing International football doesn't mean a keeper is better. Depends on the nation tbh.

I think/hope Olsen is an improvement but I've never really seen him play just highlights.

Proof football fans are polarised idiots 🙂

A Swedish friend thinks he's a great signing for us and doesn't know why he wasn't picked up "by a big club". Thinks he should give the defence a lot of confidence, which is exactly what they need!

Thanks Roy.

Well that is clear as mud then, he is either brilliant at coming for crosses or reacts to them like Dracula, solid & dependable or a bomb scare, thanks for your insight toffee twats.

i was looking forward to your swedish & Italian translations.

vår engelska stalker vill veta vår åsikt om olsen från euron

I get the impression the bad comments are from people wishing they had signed him as backup to Pickford.

Swedish, nets. Not this bloke is it?

My cousin lives in Sweden, I'll ask him what he's like although he's taken to following I've hockey more ! Probably still better than our scouting team in fairness!

If you just need a goalkeeper to be massive, grab crosses and make good saves he’s absolutely fine

this 1 was mad. isnt that what goalkeeper are expected to do. is their an everton fan at goodison..olsen he's brilliant shot stopper but useless at taking corners
In our team he'll need to take set pieces and be able to take his man on as the rest of the team can't do it!

If you just need a goalkeeper to be massive, grab crosses and make good saves he’s absolutely fine

this 1 was mad. isnt that what goalkeeper are expected to do. is their an everton fan at goodison..olsen he's brilliant shot stopper but useless at taking corners
Beat me to that one! One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen! If he can do a Peter Schmeichel throw out too then he's a winner.

Fucking useless keeper! Making good saves and grabbing crosses. He doesn't create or score goals, so not good enough!

Beat me to that one! One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen! If he can do a Peter Schmeichel throw out too then he's a winner.
exactly. i never get this modern goalkeeper crap & he got to be great passer. just keep clean sheets & if its good enough for Schmeichel Buffon Casillas in 90s & early 00s. should be good enough for anyone

Shot stoppers are ten a penny. Creative keepers who can initiate an attack are not. If he can accurately throw to a talented winger on the half way line as Schmeichel used to do, he’s the first line of attack rather than last line of defence. That’s exactly what we need.

Seems to be familiar with 4-2-3-1 even tho it might not be that big deal for goalie

In our team he'll need to take set pieces and be able to take his man on as the rest of the team can't do it!
He'll not only need to take them but then get into the box and head it too!

Back
Top Bottom