Roy's View From... Southampton and Everton Fans Views On Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember Wilders obsession of going for a player he wanted regardless... time after time.. Ricky Holmes.. wouldn't give up.
Luke Freeman (cheaper option) over Eze.. how did that go?
Brewster anyone?
Once Wilder sees a name, he wants it regardless... even 4 years on (Holgate)!!

Just saying.
Every manager has their white whales they're always trying to land. Adkins probably still texts Dan Burn every night before bed.

Wow that was a depressing read. This one just about sums it up..

“Why would a Premier League team want a player that can’t get a game in the Championship?”

I know he's here now but looks like Callum Chambers was available. Better option?

To say i'm excited about this signing would be a lie. 2 fan bases, 1 in a league below, unanimously claiming he's the worst player they have ever had. Wilder has signed some absolute tripe over the years. Doesn't look like that has changed much.

I'll give him a few games before I slate the signing.

Thanks Roy.

I never take rival fans views as gospel, though there is no denying they are not very complimentary to say the least, but it is true what one of them said, that no matter how rubbish fans think a player is there is always a manager who wants them. I just hope that whatever plan CW has for him works & we see better than those views have led us to expect.

I am certainly willing to give him a chance, I mean, why wouldn't you get behind a new player? BBD didn't exactly get rave reviews but has started life in a red & white shirt very well indeed.

Hope he proves them all wrong, but if he doesn't it will really beggars belief how we ended up with him, because it took mRoy an hour to do this due dilligence- and based on this it would be a big fat NO from a non desperation point of view.

Recruitment team

- let’s conduct a little market research and find out what fans of other clubs think -

- yup , he’s the very fellow for us -

To say i'm excited about this signing would be a lie. 2 fan bases, 1 in a league below, unanimously claiming he's the worst player they have ever had. Wilder has signed some absolute tripe over the years. Doesn't look like that has changed much.

I'll give him a few games before I slate the signing.
Except they aren't unanimously slating him. A very small sample on an internet forum have made disparaging comments. We have no idea what the other 60,000 plus who regularly watch Everton and Southampton think, as the vast majority will not use social media to air their opinions. Carlo Ancelotti had an opinion. Maybe he's right. We will have to see. Give the man a chance.

Except they aren't unanimously slating him. A very small sample on an internet forum have made disparaging comments. We have no idea what the other 60,000 plus who regularly watch Everton and Southampton think, as the vast majority will not use social media to air their opinions. Carlo Ancelotti had an opinion. Maybe he's right. We will have to see. Give the man a chance.
I love your optimism. I’ll give him a few games but there are quite a lot of red flags there.

I remember Wilders obsession of going for a player he wanted regardless... time after time.. Ricky Holmes.. wouldn't give up.
Luke Freeman (cheaper option) over Eze.. how did that go?
Brewster anyone?
Once Wilder sees a name, he wants it regardless... even 4 years on (Holgate)!!

Just saying.

All the more reason why we need a proper scouting/recruitment department operating separately from the first team coach

They’ll always be a few but I was impressed with Diaz at Blackburn and that’s the player we’ve bought. Him and Souza are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad.
Father , Souza is really poor , he’s one of the main reasons we’ve been so gash - imo

I asked my toffee mate about him and his reply was simple:

"Liability".

Could Roygbiv be added to our recruitment team - PLEASE!

Squares in round holes and all that. I'm not arsed if he gets sent for a hotdog by a pacey winger in pink boots. If he puts in a graft, gets stuck in and shows more passion in 90 minutes than our current club captain, then fair play to him. He's not the best defender in the world and the fact he's coming to the bottom of the Premier League proves that. I don't know if the short term loan or the fact he's floated around the top tier on big wages is what brings on the stick for him, but we signed a fair few free transfers in the past when no-one wanted them and they turned out to be fucking gold mines. Judge him in a blades shirt with a manager that will get 100% out of him. Imagine going to work and having fans of every team you play for saying this shit about you day in, day out. Genuinely fucking hope he does some good stuff for us, not just for us, but for the lad himself.

Could Roygbiv be added to our recruitment team - PLEASE!

Not as good an idea as it sounds

Back
Top Bottom