Roy's View From... Wycombe Fans Views On Harry Boyes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Boyes is back in town

Starting any statement on the internet with "I like Boyes" is brave
Boyes is back in town

Boyes is back in town

Cheers Panchero!

Boyes is back in town

Surely.

Or more Fleetwood Mac ?

“Looks like they are a tad light at LB/LWB, but I agree he’s nowhere near ready for the Prem.”

Yeah, we're really struggling in that department:
  • Lowe
  • Norrington-Davies
  • Larouci
  • Osborn
  • Thomas*
  • Trusty
  • Robinson
*now departed
We actually are struggling in that department. I would get rid of all except for Trusty and Robinson who are left sided centre backs

RND is another one who, the longer he is out injured the better he is supposed to be. A few years back and we were hoping he would replace Enda. His performances were considered poor in general.

RND is the best of the bunch on that list. But he has had a long time out with injury. I would just start afresh with someone new that would give us something different and look to alter how we play.

RND is another one who, the longer he is out injured the better he is supposed to be. A few years back and we were hoping he would replace Enda. His performances were considered poor in general.

RND is the best of the bunch on that list. But he has had a long time out with injury. I would just start afresh with someone new that would give us something different and look to alter how we play.
Wow, I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion but that's a wild take.

Wow, I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion but that's a wild take.
Really I’d say it’s a very accurate observation and one I have said the same on another thread
It was only the run up to his injury at Coventry that we saw him maturing into a decent player not the second coming but a decent player

Thomas goes back we get Boyes back.

Shows the state of our finances.

Really I’d say it’s a very accurate observation and one I have said the same on another thread
It was only the run up to his injury at Coventry that we saw him maturing into a decent player not the second coming but a decent player
I disagree, thought he was excellent for both us and Wales in the season he got injured. Finally looked like we had a player that could make the position his own for the foreseeable, as well as being able to play left sided centrally.

Casting him aside due to being injured and 'starting afresh' is madness considering we'd have to go out and buy a replacement. At the very least you'd want to see how he gets on until the seasons end.

I disagree, thought he was excellent for both us and Wales in the season he got injured. Finally looked like we had a player that could make the position his own for the foreseeable, as well as being able to play left sided centrally.

Casting him aside due to being injured and 'starting afresh' is madness considering we'd have to go out and buy a replacement. At the very least you'd want to see how he gets on until the seasons end.
His versatility is an asset. I don't expect he will be let go this season. Lowe and Osborn and Larouci would be first to go. I think RND with his injury record and his ability he is short of what we need. To get a transition to a rejuvenated team for next season it is time to question whether any of our long serving players are worth hanging on to. Norwood Fleck Baldock RND Robinson McBurnie Brewster even Egan all come into the mix. Assuming we hold on to the new arrivals Souza Hamer Trusty and possibly Davies we then look at keeping Jebbison Osula Brooks and who can step up from the acadamy.
We should be concentrating turning over players in the squad which is something we have been poor at.

“Looks like they are a tad light at LB/LWB, but I agree he’s nowhere near ready for the Prem.”

Yeah, we're really struggling in that department:
  • Lowe
  • Norrington-Davies
  • Larouci
  • Osborn
  • Thomas*
  • Trusty
  • Robinson
*now departed
You can never have too many left backs

Some strange takes here; RND looked quality in the season preceding his injury having worked his way up the leagues when out on loan. He’s a clear upgrade on anything we have in the squad and gets into our first XI comfortably.

His versatility is an asset. I don't expect he will be let go this season. Lowe and Osborn and Larouci would be first to go. I think RND with his injury record and his ability he is short of what we need. To get a transition to a rejuvenated team for next season it is time to question whether any of our long serving players are worth hanging on to. Norwood Fleck Baldock RND Robinson McBurnie Brewster even Egan all come into the mix. Assuming we hold on to the new arrivals Souza Hamer Trusty and possibly Davies we then look at keeping Jebbison Osula Brooks and who can step up from the acadamy.
We should be concentrating turning over players in the squad which is something we have been poor at.
Not forgetting Bash

Not forgetting Bash
Lots of sympathy here for Bash. Horrible injury to get at the end of your career. The move to RCB in 3 at the back really got the best out of him. A great professional. I hope we can recruit more players of his calibre.

Back
Top Bottom