Roy's View From... Southampton and Everton Fans Views On Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People used to lay into Jack Robinson like he'd booted a kitten, maybe he can turn it around too?
It took him 2 seasons to turn it round. We have Holgate for 4 months.

Feels like such an odd signing. Targeting a right sided centre half makes sense with the Egan/Basham injuries but I would've expected us to try and get someone who's dominant in the air given our struggles with crosses.

Unless we wanted someone who could do bits at right back and effectively play 4 CBs across the back like Pulis (or Man City if you're being kind) then I don't really get it.

Let's hope he does well and proves everyone wrong

Whilst I can understand the emotion, I don’t think I could ever give up on the club. Yes I’m grossly unhappy on how it’s being run, and we have too many players that are simply not good enough.

But that’s not what I’d be walking away from.

The good times, having a pint and chatting footy in the Nelson, the players who have been and gone who’s laces this lot aren’t fit to tie. Countless other memories. Good times come and go, they will come back.

That’s what I’d be walking away from.

And do you know what, I can’t, as much as the current situation is hurting…..
I ain’t walking away I’ll be there as always Saturday be I’m not liking things at the moment

Perfect fit for club retard,
Not in form, struggling at a level below, but of course with our amazing track record of improving almost every player we bring in it won't be long before he's a worldbeater.
A very meh type of signing, a signing that will do fuck all to impress any fans or raise a bit of excitement, and meanwhile David Brooks goes to Championship Southampton. And Championship Middlesborough sign a player that's cost about the same as our next 10 years transfer budget

With those depressing reviews, if he does play right sided centre half thank fuck he's got such a brave, solid right wing back at the side of him in Bogle, to get stuck in and read everything faultlessly. Oh FFS

Doesn't appear to strengthen us in the short term (PL Quality until end of season).

Certainly doesn't strengthen us in the long term (No guarantee he'll still be a Utd player next year and struggled in the Championship).

Apart from the possibility that we are getting a great deal on the wage contribution from Everton, this signing is as baffling as it is underwhelming.

Cheers Roy... I think.
Have you bothered with a Worrall one?

I did yeah. General feeling was he isn't up to Premier League standards but would be a solid addition for a Championship club. Interestingly they were saying he can only only play in a back 3.

Not exactly a rave review but definitely more positive than this one

Jeez those are some awful comments! 😂

Would be nice if he could prove them wrong, a bit like the Maguire redemption arc this season

Absolutely no surprise to read all that, he was constantly one the players I laughed at every time I saw him for Everton on TV.

Mental signing, a small mercy is that thankfully it’s only a loan to the end of the season.

Very strange one. Always been crappie but gave him a 70k a week contract?

Our business this transfer window has made absolutely no sense whatsoever

I remember Wilders obsession of going for a player he wanted regardless... time after time.. Ricky Holmes.. wouldn't give up.
Luke Freeman (cheaper option) over Eze.. how did that go?
Brewster anyone?
Once Wilder sees a name, he wants it regardless... even 4 years on (Holgate)!!

Just saying.
We were in for Holgate last summer though too?

I suspect it's more of a case of the scouting team.

Our business this transfer window has made absolutely no sense whatsoever
We need more centre halves.

Appreciate we are effectively down. But should any CB get injured we are short.

We could then be in a situation where we are back to losing 5-0 more often and that would have a detriment to next season.

The aim now is of course to pull off a miracle. But after that to pick up as many points and performances to make us look more respectable and set us up for next season.

Just what we needed by the sounds of it ! A defender who's not quite strong enough, not quite tall enough and not quite quick enough because we're running low on those 🤣

Reactions: 10p

Back
Top Bottom