Deluded

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiaye 10 assists last season

Have checked the 1989/90 video, Agana made 5

v Oldham (h), I think
v Sunderland (a)
v Barnsley (a)
v Watford (a)
v Stoke (a)
Depends what you call an assist ..v Leicester our 2nd agana had a shot parried a yard out then passed it to Deane the 4th he headed down to Rostron for the 4th

We're posing absolutely zero threat, we let the opposition have almost 80% possession per game, and we play for a 0-0 every week, if we carry on then that's on the manager and I think at the moment he's lost the plot, the press has gone completely when we're out of possession and the strikers get nothing all game, may as well take them off or not start with them at all..

We could have got something Saturday had the players just put some basic effort in... But they're not even doing the minimum now, they've become a terrible bunch of bang average players..

Managed by a bang average manager, who looks like a lost little boy..

(who'd we get anyway, it wouldn't change owt, so I wanna keep hecky and I want him to fucking grow a pair and make them work for thier money)

Ps... Money, might be an issue, can't be fun when you're on less than a third of what the opposition players are getting paid.. Demotivated players?

Depends what you call an assist ..v Leicester our 2nd agana had a shot parried a yard out then passed it to Deane the 4th he headed down to Rostron for the 4th
Rubbish! Both are not assists, Agana didnt pass to Deane, he shot at goal and it came off the Leicester's defender's chest before Deane fired us into the lead. As for Rostron's goal it came off a Leicester defender's head!

If you are talking about goal involvements, then yes, Agana was involved in the build up. Ndiaye did more goal involvements last season.

Still scored 15 goals which is more than Ndiaye and we didn't count assets back then.

Ndiaye scored 14 in 46 games
Agana scored 10 league goals in 31 that season 26 the year before
So agana ahead on goals per minute

It really is a bit daft to try to reduce Iliman’s contribution last season to goals alone.

Silent Blade has rightly highlighted Ili’s assists. To those, you could also add: his tenacity in the tackle; his key role in our high press; his ball retention; his availability for the ball; his intelligent exploitation of space without the ball; his ability to dribble and carry it; his link-up play; his acceleration over short distances; his bravery, his selflessness, his relentless hard work, his unpredictability, etc, etc, etc.

Given our occasionally stuttering form last season, and periods of relative sterility, I don’t think anyone can sensibly believe we‘d have been promoted without him.

Best player I’ve ever seen in the red and white, by a stretch, and 75% of that, at least, is because of how he carried us for much of last season.

It really is a bit daft to try to reduce Iliman’s contribution last season to goals alone.

Silent Blade has rightly highlighted Ili’s assists. To those, you could also add: his tenacity in the tackle; his key role in our high press; his ball retention; his availability for the ball; his intelligent exploitation of space without the ball; his ability to dribble and carry it; his link-up play; his acceleration over short distances; his bravery, his selflessness, his relentless hard work, his unpredictability, etc, etc, etc.

Given our occasionally stuttering form last season, and periods of relative sterility, I don’t think anyone can sensibly believe we‘d have been promoted without him.

Best player I’ve ever seen in the red and white, by a stretch, and 75% of that, at least, is because of how he carried us for much of last season.
All those extra things Ndiaye brought to games were taught by Hecky ...thanks for pointing out how important Hecky was in Ndiayes development

All those extra things Ndiaye brought to games were taught by Hecky ...thanks for pointing out how important Hecky was in Ndiayes development
Your logic here is batshit fucking bonkers. 😂😂 Mind you it always is.

Whats happened to Hecky’s Midas touch this season? If he’s taking credit for single handedly turning Ndiaye into the player he is today, what’s Lord Jesus Christ of Heckingbottom playing at this year?

Anyone who thinks hecky is good enough to get us back up without players like berge/ndiaye/Anel are deluding themselves

He did a good job last year but there is no chance he would have got us up without having the best players in the league

Makes me laugh how a bloke who we picked as an U23 manager is now the second coming of klopp/guardiola

Kevin Blackwell was a wade elliot goal away from the premier league because he had the best Squad in the league

I’d get wilder but if not you got and get the best or one of the best young managers in the EFL
I do find myself nodding to this to be honest.

There isn’t much of a backstory with Hecky to fall back on and know whether he could genuinely build or rebuild something.

His strength seems to be coaching. Making him have his limits in the window and getting only a few top end loans but keeping a relegated PL squad probably did him some favours.

It doesn’t mean he can’t show that ability, but unlike those disclaimers where it says past performance does not guarantee future outcomes, someone who has shown the ability to build a club up from the doldrums already, does confirm they have those skills. Hecky doesn’t have an example of that.

Warnock has that backstory. Wilder can point to time at Oxford to some degree, Northampton definitely and also United.

Hecky redirected the ship back to calmer waters after a turbulent time with Slav, whereas Warnock and Wilder built their ships from the harbour and were the ones to recruit the crew and set the course.

There are no guarantees in life, but Hecky needs to do us all a favour and himself and come up with a plan that can accumulate some points at this level so we don’t start next year with a demoralised fanbase and players with confidence at rock bottom.

If he doesn’t at least show signs of that then the future of the club is going to hang in the balance and change will seem inevitable.

Well I‘ve been suggesting how important Hecky was in Iliman’s development, and I’ve been defending Hecky generally, on here and elsewhere, for weeks. But thanks for helping me understand this is what I’ve been doing.

Hecky brought “all those extra things” to Iliman’s game? On his own?? Like Iliman wasn’t even actually there?

I should know better than trying to engage you when you’ve got something this odd between your teeth. But you’re outdoing yourself on this thread, old chap, and no mistake.

I do find myself nodding to this to be honest.

There isn’t much of a backstory with Hecky to fall back on and know whether he could genuinely build or rebuild something.

His strength seems to be coaching. Making him have his limits in the window and getting only a few top end loans but keeping a relegated PL squad probably did him some favours.

It doesn’t mean he can’t show that ability, but unlike those disclaimers where it says past performance does not guarantee future outcomes, someone who has shown the ability to build a club up from the doldrums already, does confirm they have those skills. Hecky doesn’t have an example of that.

Warnock has that backstory. Wilder can point to time at Oxford to some degree, Northampton definitely and also United.

Hecky redirected the ship back to calmer waters after a turbulent time with Slav, whereas Warnock and Wilder built their ships from the harbour and were the ones to recruit the crew and set the course.

There are no guarantees in life, but Hecky needs to do us all a favour and himself and come up with a plan that can accumulate some points at this level so we don’t start next year with a demoralised fanbase and players with confidence at rock bottom.

If he doesn’t at least show signs of that then the future of the club is going to hang in the balance and change will seem inevitable.

Hecky put us back on the wilder path which did us so well

Why the hell wouldn’t you just get wilder 🤷‍♂️

Your logic here is batshit fucking bonkers. 😂😂 Mind you it always is.

Whats happened to Hecky’s Midas touch this season? If he’s taking credit for single handedly turning Ndiaye into the player he is today, what’s Lord Jesus Christ of Heckingbottom playing at this year?
First 6 months at the Lane Ndiaye was gearing stick in here for being nothing special 18 months with Heckys guidance he'd developed into an zll round better players the bat shit is pretending otherwise... he took us from going nowhere to the play offshecky then continued the improvement taking us up
...you need a team to go up not one player to say otherwise is total delusion

So how come the Luton manager is able to make them competitive,
they beat a fellow struggle and have been only as competitive as we were in games v man city and Spurs

It was bloody awful v newcastle but
In other games we have had more shots than Luton

We did play defensive against man city and Spurs .can't think of many teams daft enough to attack them

Only have to look at the stats to see how deep we are in sh!t

First 6 months at the Lane Ndiaye was gearing stick in here for being nothing special 18 months with Heckys guidance he'd developed into an zll round better players the bat shit is pretending otherwise... he took us from going nowhere to the play offshecky then continued the improvement taking us up
...you need a team to go up not one player to say otherwise is total delusion
What tosh who gave him his full debut?
Yes Hecky did nurture him he’s also nurtured Jebbison etc who remain league 1 level
Ndiaye had natural ability that otters don’t
Is he the difference to our god awful start maybe 3 or even 4 points more difference
I would argue, with him in the team we would play a bit higher up the pitch and not consistently hoof the ball hoping for a flick from Mcburnie because that’s how limited our identity is now
God awful it is showing how inept our manager is at this level
We are heading for another hammering of Newcastle proportions very shortly playing like this

Because we might look like staying up.

Unless we get lucky appointing the next manager who then turns out to be another miracle worker (like Wilder but I don't mean for him to come back though) we're going down either way. A budget like ours very rarely keeps you in this league these days except for the odd exception. Even this kind of budget was still considered meagre for this level 10+ years ago let alone now where the gulf in class and spending clout is the most ridiculous as it's ever been.

Unless we get lucky appointing the next manager who then turns out to be another miracle worker (like Wilder but I don't mean for him to come back though) we're going down either way. A budget like ours very rarely keeps you in this league these days except for the odd exception. Even this kind of budget was still considered meagre for this level 10+ years ago let alone now where the gulf in class and spending clout is the most ridiculous as it's ever been.
agreed abdullahs budget for hecky was never going to give him a chance of keeping us in the premier league but hecky isnt up to it anyway tactic wise continuing with this 532 system is naive to put it mildly especially when were getting overun in midfield week in week out absolutely no point in playing 2 strikers when weve little possesion in midfield through lack of numbers all that encourages is hoofing it back to front we should be going 451 away from home and 433 at home both systems giving us better numbers in midfield

Think most agree that since his appointment, Hecky and his backroom team have done an incredible job , the promotion last year saved the club from being where our neighbours are , skint and fighting relegation from the championship.
We all hoped that his intelligent and pragmatic approach would give us a team hard to beat and make others fight for every point against us.
So far apart few decent 45 mins this hasn't transpired. In my heart I hope we buck the trend , stick with the guy and see the team ( management and players ) turn it around rather go the way so many do of sacking a good and decent guy.
However much I want this to be the case , even hecky must realise that he's close to
the exit door if things don't change , not just results but the manner of the results .
Must be a very difficult dilemma for the chairman , damned either way as he seams a loyal guy and has alot of respect for hecky as many if us do.
It'll be sad but not surprising if he makes a change as he's probably one the most likeable managers we've had .

I just don’t think it would take a miracle. We are not that far behind, points or ability wise.

Man City are the best team in the world and only beat us 2-1 points from in the last few minutes.

Spurs are top of the league and the same happened.

We are not that bad. We just need a new manager and some belief/a kick up the arse.
This team is definitely capable of parking the bus better than recent games and losing by smaller margins, but eventually almost every team will undo us down our comical left side too many times. Its barely championship quality.

No one seems to mention this, but what are McCall, Lester & Hudson doing?, midfield isn't sorted, strikers can't hit a barn door, leeking goals etc, I know Hecky is the manager who takes the blame, but surely as a coaching team they must have input ?.
BTW saw the Saville drama, he looked like McCall in a blonde wig😏

If Hecky is so good and there’s talk about Illiman being one of the best players ever for us.

How did we not get promoted with Mcburnie / Ndiaye / MGW?

Arguably the best front 3 in championship history?

This team is definitely capable of parking the bus better than recent games and losing by smaller margins, but eventually almost every team will undo us down our comical left side too many times. Its barely championship quality.
Regardless of team selection, quality of the management team, the poor funding during the summer transfer window has any body thought about the nightmare injury list of international players over the last 12 months which will certainly have had some sort of impact?

If Hecky is so good and there’s talk about Illiman being one of the best players ever for us.

Over McBurnies sheff utd career, what's his goals to game ratio?

At PL level 43(24) apps, 7 goals. 3,813 minutes so 0.17 goals/90 mins (1 in 6)
At Champ level 34(32) apps, 13 goals. 3,038 minutes so 0.39 goals/90 mins (2 in 5).
Considering he was bought to be a premier league striker fo silly money that is pretty poor. I bet McGoldrick has a better record for us at champioship level..never mind Sharp.

Well …..
Ultimately, because 1 of the “best front 3 in championship history” missed a penalty; another of the “best front 3 in championship history” was absent injured (& horrendously out of form) whilst the third member of the “best front 3 in championship history” was playing his first season in competitive senior football

Back
Top Bottom