Deluded

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
Thinking that a new manager is going to solve our problems and save our season is totally deluded. The Prince hung Hecky out to dry with the Summer transfer budget and sale of Ndiyae and Berge. Its that simple.

It is what it is, we're going down, get over it.

In Hecky we have a manager I totally trust in the Championship, and that's where we're going thanks to the Pauper Prince. So stick by him I say.

Also, hypothetically, If Wilder comes in and we still go down like a lead balloon.. what's the plan then? Sack him too?

Last edited:

Thinking that a new manager is going to solve our problems and save our season is totally deluded. The Prince hung Hecky out to dry with the Summer transfer budget and sale of Ndiyae and Berge. Its that simple.

In Hecky we have a manager I totally trust in the Chsmpionship, and that's where we're going thanks to the Pauper Prince. So stick by him I say.

Also, hypothetically, If Wilder comes in and we still go down like a lead balloon.. what's the plan then? Sack him too?
Not sure who you are talking to but most on here have been saying all this for weeks,not very revolutionary.

In Hecky we have a manager I totally trust in the Chsmpionship, and that's where we're going thanks to the Pauper Prince. So stick by him I say.

Oh yay, his lack of tactical nous in the championship without the quality of Ndiaye to pull us out. Woo.

Apparently that massive ship they built, it sank!, hit an ice cube apparently.

Is the squad bad enough that getting 4-5 points all season, which we look on par for, is an acceptable return? Do the players look motivated? Are we tactically providing a platform for the players to, at the least, compete?

I think those are the material questions which the Board will be considering with reference to making a change. People’s views on here will vary, I imagine.

yes hecky has been hung out to dry by abdullah with very little backing financially but the warning signs about hecky were there last season in the championship tactic wise we got lucky in lots of games and its proving painfully obvious that illiman got us in to the premier league this 532 system wont work in the premier league and in any case we now only have about 4 left from the wilder era we need a change of direction on and off the pitch imo utb ftp ⚔⚔⚔

In Hecky we have a manager I totally trust in the Championship, and that's where we're going thanks to the Pauper Prince. So stick by him I say.

Differentiate between results and performance and ask yourself would performances improve if we sacked Hecky?

No one is suggesting that sacking Hecky will keep us up, but they are suggesting that sacking him will see us play better, stop conceding cheap goals, we might string two passes together and you can see what the tactics are regardless of results.

Many on here have said that they can handle losing and handle relegation, but they can't handle the manner in which we are losing and the manner in which we are going down. Changing the manager can change these things. It's not the results, it's the lifeless, limp pathetic performances that are the issue.

I expected us to lose yesterday because of everything that we've seen this season. Even at 0-0 at half time I knew we were incapable of holding onto that and Fulham would inevitably score at some point. Why? Because it was the same performance as every game and Hecky has shown time and time again that he won't or can't change it. Even when we scored I knew we'd throw it away as Fulham kept up the pressure and we did nothing to stop it. Changing the manager can stop this.

I sometimes wonder if Hecky has been told his job is safe if we go down and that's why he makes no changes, as there is no consequence for failure. If that is the case then the Prince has lost the plot.

Relegation is inevitable and always was. Playing poorly and losing in the manner in which we are is not inevitable and that's what needs to change.

Last edited:
Are we as bad as Blackpool and Huddersfield in terms of quality in the team when they were in the PL? Or is the league just better now? Or was the players not good but the managers were?

Blackpool got 39 points! But still went down.
Huddersfield got 37 points! But stayed up.

My point is, teams with lesser quality of players have picked up a respectable points total so why can't we? Something don't seem right.

Since the 2007 relegation from the Prem we've had Bryan Robson, Kevin Blackwell, Gary Speed, Micky Adams, Danny Wilson, David Weir, Nigel Clough, Nigel Adkins, Chris Wilder, Slavisa Jokanovic and Hecky.

So as you can see, we have form for recruiting far far worse.

On a totally seperate point... has any premier league team ever had a worst selection on the left side? Larouci? Thomas? Lowe? That's not on Hecky that's on the laughable budget he's had to work with.

Last edited:
Are we as bad as Blackpool and Huddersfield in terms of quality in the team when they were in the PL? Or is the league just better now? Or was the players not good but the managers were?

Blackpool got 39 points! But still went down.
Huddersfield got 37 points! But stayed up.

My point is, teams with lesser quality of players have picked up a respectable points total so why can't we? Something don't seem right.
If memory serves correct Blackpool had Ian Holloway, a great motivator who wasn't afraid to bollock players or drop players and wasn't afraid to call them crap in post match interviews when they were crap as a kick up the backside, much like Wilder. Listen to Hecky's post match interviews. All positivity. The plan was working and going our way until we conceded. We're still training hard. Can you honestly see him yelling at players at half time or after matches? I can't.

I do like Hecky. He comes across as a good bloke and he’s done a fantastic job to get us here, so will always be thankful for that.

However, I can’t stomach another 30 games of the performances we’re seeing and we’re showing zero signs of improvement. You might as well relegate us now.

As I said on another thread, I don’t expect anyone else to keep us up but I want to see some fight and inspiration drilled into these players.

I really don’t think it was Ndyiae and Berge going that has caused this.

We signed Hamer who was seen as prem class and Coventry fans were gutted when we signed him.
Sousa was supposed to be this great defensive midfielder we needed.
Slimani was bought in to add steel to the midfield
Archer to score the goals
Trusty to improve our troubled defence
Thomas to improve our left side.
Traore to score goals

By the looks of things none of these players have improved Utd one bit.

I believe it’s down to a tactic we keep on using that ended up with failure last time in the Prem.

Strange rant. I’ve seen statistically we are one of the worst side’s in Europe 😂

It’s absolutely horrific.

Strange rant. I’ve seen statistically we are one of the worst side’s in Europe 😂

It’s absolutely horrific.
It is horrific. Thanks to having an owner that shouldn't be anywhere near a premier league or championship club.

People aren't really expecting him, or anyone, to keep us up. But there is a difference between getting relegated and being the worst team in Premier League history, which is what we currently look like.

It can be true that we aren't good enough to stay up, and that the majority of blame rests on the board, whilst also being true that Hecky should be doing a better job. Is "be less shit than Luton" really an unrealistic expectation?

Oh yay, his lack of tactical nous in the championship without the quality of Ndiaye to pull us out. Woo.
You don’t know who will be playing for us next season. Remember that Ndiaye was not that great the previous season.
It may take two seasons but we have some good young talent coming through

I really don’t think it was Ndyiae and Berge going that has caused this.

We signed Hamer who was seen as prem class and Coventry fans were gutted when we signed him.
Sousa was supposed to be this great defensive midfielder we needed.
Slimani was bought in to add steel to the midfield
Archer to score the goals
Trusty to improve our troubled defence
Thomas to improve our left side.
Traore to score goals

By the looks of things none of these players have improved Utd one bit.

I believe it’s down to a tactic we keep on using that ended up with failure last time in the Prem.
With the exception of Hamer, Archer & Trusty (2 of which simply attempted to replace Ndiyae and Berge) the rest are just the dregs Hecky could afford from the meagre budget he had. Definitely one of the all time worst transfer windows of any Premier League team ever. (We bought Brewster in one of the other all time worsts)

I have never been Heckingbottoms biggest fan but fair play he got us up.
But now we are in the big league he's struggling some of it is his own doing (like the crap pre-season not playing his first choice defence together in any off the pre-season games) some of it out of his control like losing Berge and N'Diaye at the last minute.
At the minute we are just rolling over for teams, even when we do get back into games you just know we are going to concede again usually within the next 10min.
Unlike some I haven't totally given up yet we are in a mini league of 4 teams who despite the fact we have been totally shit for 99% of the games so far haven't put alot of daylight between us, and we still have too play those three teams twice, so all is not totally lost.
But we need a change of manager to bring new ideas and freshen things up, we need someone with Premier League experience not some obscure Belgian or Spanish manager who's never managed in the Premiership and certainly not Wilder.
Potter would be a good shout but would he come.
I'm going to stick my neck out here and the tin hat is firmly on
Steve Bruce now i'm not sure if he is retired now but if he isn't he has bags of Premier league experience and he even got that shower of shit in S6 playing well until he jumped ship.

If memory serves correct Blackpool had Ian Holloway, a great motivator who wasn't afraid to bollock players or drop players and wasn't afraid to call them crap in post match interviews when they were crap as a kick up the backside, much like Wilder. Listen to Hecky's post match interviews. All positivity. The plan was working and going our way until we conceded. We're still training hard. Can you honestly see him yelling at players at half time or after matches? I can't.
Definitely this. I'm shocked at Hecky's take on games I've just watched.

Another one of those posts that's wearing thinner and thinner with each passing week and each terrible performance.
The idea of enduring another seven months of cowardly, nothing football in the belief Hecky will then suddenly produce another promotion team is delusional.
The whole club needs a jolt of electricity and a manager who will lift the atmosphere and belief around the place to at least remind everyone that we should be relishing the challenge and having a bit of a go.
Sure, we will almost certainly go down but we don't have to do down in such a miserable, defeatist way.

And how much did we sell Berge & Ndiyae for? We're meant to significantly improve a squad after promotion, and we totally didn't.
Luton are currently 4th bottom and they believe they have a chance of survival.

We know we are doomed. I understand your for Hecky and the positive mindset is great. But it’s pretty clear for everyone to see.

The only debates we have currently are will we beat Derby record or not.

Another one of those posts that's wearing thinner and thinner with each passing week and each terrible performance.
The idea of enduring another seven months of cowardly, nothing football in the belief Hecky will then suddenly produce another promotion team is delusional.
The whole club needs a jolt of electricity and a manager who will lift the atmosphere and belief around the place to at least remind everyone that we should be relishing the challenge and having a bit of a go.
Sure, we will almost certainly go down but we don't have to do down in such a miserable, defeatist way.
If we have to get a new manager, I'd prefer them to come in the summer rather than starting off with a relegation under their belt.

Money aside Potter would be a good move but only providing he himself us given time to actually build a team/squad around the youngsters we currently have. The likes of Fleck and Basham shound never have been near the club for the last 2yrs let alone on the team sheet.

Differentiate between results and performance and ask yourself would performances improve if we sacked Hecky?

No one is suggesting that sacking Hecky will keep us up, but they are suggesting that sacking him will see us play better, stop conceding cheap goals, we might string two passes together and you can see what the tactics are regardless of results.

Many on here have said that they can handle losing and handle relegation, but they can't handle the manner in which we are losing and the manner in which we are going down. Changing the manager can change these things. It's not the results, it's the lifeless, limp pathetic performances that are the issue.

I expected us to lose yesterday because of everything that we've seen this season. Even at 0-0 at half time I knew we were incapable of holding onto that and Fulham would inevitably score at some point. Why? Because it was the same performance as every game and Hecky has shown time and time again that he won't or can't change it. Even when we scored I knew we'd throw it away as Fulham kept up the pressure and we did nothing to stop it. Changing the manager can stop this.

I sometimes wonder if Hecky has been told his job is safe if we go down and that's why he makes no changes, as there is no consequence for failure. If that is the case then the Prince has lost the plot.

Relegation is inevitable and always was. Playing poorly and losing in the manner in which we are is not inevitable and that's what needs to change.
Aside from expecting us to concede again at 1-1 (because I’m a naive dreamer), I agree with every word of this.

Back
Top Bottom