Player Suggestion David Wheater

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jackson Blade

Reaction score
Heard Bradford are interested in David Wheater plus a number of other clubs too, surely he would be a good solid investment for us? Think he would choose us over bradford given the chance.

He is the ugliest footballer around.
Him and Collins together would be the partnership of players I'd least expect to ever move into modelling after football.

I thought he was older than 28. He certainly seems to have been around forever!
With all the experience in the game he must have, he surely must be on our radar (our scouting system/network can't be that bad).
He would be a perfect solution to our CB problem.

I thought he was older than 28. He certainly seems to have been around forever!
With all the experience in the game he must have, he surely must be on our radar (our scouting system/network can't be that bad).
He would be a perfect solution to our CB problem.

UTB & FTP

Apparently not managed a full pre season in 4 years and injured in his first appearance since March.

He is the ugliest footballer around.
Him and Collins together would be the partnership of players I'd least expect to ever move into modelling after football.
Is that still playing? ?

Ive heard a few rumours going around that we are targeting free agent David Wheater who was released by Bolton. Hes 6 ft 5, good in the air so he would be a quality addition in my opinion and is solid at the back but not sure if he would want to join a league 1 team, but since hes a free agent we might be able to lure him in if we offer a decent wage amount and he would fit in perfectly at the back. Hes only 29 yrs young aswell so hes still got some years left in him.

Keep suggesting mate and eventually you will get one right ! We are supposed to be trimming the squad !!!
As ever UTB
I get your point but you cant deny that we are very poor defensively and in the need of a strong, solid centre back to strengthen our defence. Also these are not suggestions these are rumours which i have heard and im just sharing them on hear and maybe they wont happen but thats why its called a rumour mate.

Ive heard a few rumours going around that we are targeting free agent David Wheater who was released by Bolton. Hes 6 ft 5, good in the air so he would be a quality addition in my opinion and is solid at the back but not sure if he would want to join a league 1 team, but since hes a free agent we might be able to lure him in if we offer a decent wage amount and he would fit in perfectly at the back. Hes only 29 yrs young aswell so hes still got some years left in him.

Thanks for adding your opinion that this was a possible rather than fantasy It puts meat on the bones for those who have never seen the guy or even heard of him.

Not good enough for Bolton but good enough for us.

What league are Bolton in next season.

Lesson learnt - Hammond .

I'm guessing he was released because he was on big wages (he was signed for a big fee from Boro when he was about 26. Bolton are skint and he'd probably want to play Championship football. Saying that he might want a move closer to home and other than Leeds we're probably the best option. If he is fit (that's a big of with Wheater) he'd be a massive upgrade on recent defender signings. I'd probably rather someone fitter though, otherwise its another James Wallace on our books. David Edgar is still a decent option for us, he did well considering how poor the team was.

There are a lot of centre halves we should consider ahead of Wheater IMO. But there's always a chance someone like him will do well in L1.

Woolford has been so shit that I'm now convinced any player released from a relegated club must be a poisoned chalice.

By that 'logic', I'd leave this one well alone.

There are a lot of centre halves we should consider ahead of Wheater IMO. But there's always a chance someone like him will do well in L1.

Chance being the operative word.

I think we should sign defenders at our level and the top of league 2. All we want is fit, reliable lads who can defend well. The wages he would command I would think could pay for someone like John Egan twice.

Get him and Dan Burn at the back and we'll be sorted for set pieces. Height at the back and pace in attack is what we need.

I reckon this guy would be a decent signing now, it seems he was released by Bolton because of wages, he'd taken a cut to join them in the first place. Now the start of the season is closing in and he's still unattached, maybe he's lost a bit of his bargining power now.

Considering we've got a couple of ball playing defenders in, a 6ft 4" strong man known for tackling hard is just what a lot of people have been saying we need.

Apparently he was back training with Bolton the other week.

He has had injury issues but could be worth a gamble on a one year deal I think.

Back
Top Bottom