Tony Field

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

petcharlie

Reaction score
Just read a story about Tony Field and how he came from playing with Halifax and several other clubs including the Blades .Really good story for us oldies and they mention that wonder goal against Ipswich he scored leaving every one opened mouthed .Others mentioned in the story include Kieth Eddy, Terry Garbett,Cliff Calvert,and Colin Franks plus others . It's from attical from The Pinch lovely memories

Just read a story about Tony Field and how he came from playing with Halifax and several other clubs including the Blades .Really good story for us oldies and they mention that wonder goal against Ipswich he scored leaving every one opened mouthed .Others mentioned in the story include Kieth Eddy, Terry Garbett,Cliff Calvert,and Colin Franks plus others . It's from attical from The Pinch lovely memories
Getting a big mention tomorrow in the 1973/74 thread

Did he? I played pool against Colin Franks at Gorsey Brigg in December 1978, he was paired with a newspaper reporter (my dad said so, can't remember his name) I was paired with my schoolmate who came to my house for the weekend
Yes he used to go in regular on Saturday nights after matches and always in the back room playing pool always friendly enough

Never found him like that. (TC that is)
On the few occasions I met him I agree. He can be awkward to talk to at times but people forget he was such a showman on the pitch but very shy off it.

And yes, anyone who could play like him, & there were not many, would know how good they were.

Back
Top Bottom