Changing the line-up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

true99blade

Reaction score
What the hell was Wilson doing!? Westlake looks a better footballer than McMahon and Williams hasn't performed badly in the last 2 games! Why change a team that has been playing good stuff in recent weeks!?

Because we were piss poor in the game before in defence.

macmahon back in eh?
enough said.. saves me the trouble of reading any more posts

I don't normally like singling individuals out for criticism, but McMahon was terrible today - worst I've seen him play. By the sounds of DW's interview, he came off injured - which perhaps begs the question if he should have started in the first place.

His performance wasn't the main reason we lost. On the ball, we weren't terrible, and we did create some decent chances. Miller's header first half set up by Flynn's header across the box from a deep cross first half was kept out by a decent save. Second half there were four chances of note - Porter's decent effort just wide after some good movement, Miller's effort deflected wide after good intricate play with Porter, Blackman's super effort created all by himself following some slick footwork, and Harry's header that may have crossed the line.

But defending off the ball we were appalling all over the pitch - and particularly today in midfield. Brentford won every second ball, and cut through us with ease. They should have been further ahead by half time - it looked to most fans around me that McMahon chopped his man down just in the box, luckily wasn't given. Long had to make three decent saves - I thought at the time he could have done more on the first goal, as it seemed to be softly hit.

I caught Edwards's post-match reaction that said if we played like that we won't have a problem going up. Complete rubbish. We've been excellent at time this season defensively, and we need to maintain those high standards. We didn't today by any stretch, which given that was effectively our current choice first XI is a bit worrying.

Back
Top Bottom