The ultimate unpopular opinion: We shouldn't be too upset after tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There’s no shame in losing 5 nil at home to Man Ci…Arsen….Bayern Mun….Barcelo…. I mean Aston Villa. We just have to accept that they’re better than us and that our poor players can’t be expected to compete and it’s ok to get pummeled yet again.

I feel for the kids who are getting into watching the Blades this season. Watching your arse getting handed to you every week will drive some of them away and into the arms of the bigger clubs.

I've been criticizing the club's recruitment strategy for years on here, I could bump those threads up in a snarky way but what good would it do?

We've made some serious mistakes in the past which we are paying for today, I'm sure we are learning from them (i.e. look at the Archer deal rather than how we paid for Brewster)
Wait. We have a strategy? 😂

Watch the wilder post match on you tube. He takes full responsibility for a tactically risky strategy that backfired dramatically and game over after 30 min. villa exploited it ruthelessly with their excellent players. They have as many points as Man City. A risk didn’t pay off. Shit happens.. A significant positive change that Wilder takes full .resposibility. Chin up we have generally improved underWilder and the wheels can go back on. Stick my neck out and call the low point from now until season end.

Ferk off then!
Thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands already have, by virtue of their previously pissed off parents and other relatives having never introduced their children to Sheffield United in the first place.

You fail to understand that apart from the people that are in Bramall Lane, there is no one else. There is no massive "under support of an entire city or region" simmering beneath the surface waiting to support the club if it ever gets its act together, like almost every other club has, and can be seen when those with 10,000 average attendances can sell out Wembley twice over because the entire region is behind them.

We can't even shift tickets to our average home support.

1709627879283.png

I did feel more embarrassed last night, mostly because this is happening too often on the biggest stage on TV. However the PL, and our opponents don't care about that, this graphic posted by Ron_Justice adds some perspective.

Most, if not nearly all the original points in the OP still apply imho so nothing can, and will change for the rest of the season so these trends will continue. The PL is so much stronger compared to previous years, the gap is absolutely huge between the top clubs and everyone else. I'm actually starting to understand why they considered the Super League; we are only in the same league as them in name only.

View attachment 180148

I did feel more embarrassed last night, mostly because this is happening too often on the biggest stage on TV. However the PL, and our opponents don't care about that, this graphic posted by Ron_Justice adds some perspective.

Most, if not nearly all the original points in the OP still apply imho so nothing can, and will change for the rest of the season so these trends will continue. The PL is so much stronger compared to previous years, the gap is absolutely huge between the top clubs and everyone else. I'm actually starting to understand why they considered the Super League; we are only in the same league as them in name only.
Again, please post this graphic for Brighton and Villa.

Perspective my arse. We are rotten. Little ability, little effort. That’s all there is to it.

Again, please post this graphic for Brighton and Villa.

Perspective my arse. We are rotten. Little ability, little effort. That’s all there is to it.
Just because Villa and Brighton had field days against us doesn't stop the fact that Arsenal are on a completely different level and we shouldn't feel too bad about that particular spanking. If it's any consolation, the Villa and Brighton ones felt worse 🤷‍♂️

Jesus Fucking Christ
Everything that is wrong with this club is epitomised by the OP.

An acceptance of that shyte is all too common amongst our piss poor, halfwit support.
No wonder the club does fuck all. It doesn't have to
Serious question - why do you feel the need to belittle your fellow supporters in almost every post you make?

It's totally bizarre. And if you hate us so much, why to you bother being one of us?

Regarding your latest fellow fan abuse - why are you happy to interpret one post that goes against the grain, despite witnessing 25,000 people vote with their feet as a way of demonstrating that they aren't in "acceptance".

Arsenal are on title winning form for sure, but that still doesn't excuse 19% possession at home and 0-3 down after 15 minutes.

Arsenal are on title winning form for sure, but that still doesn't excuse 19% possession at home and 0-3 down after 15 minutes.

Not being funny but if we were playing Real Madrid would our reaction still be the same?

Just because Villa and Brighton had field days against us doesn't stop the fact that Arsenal are on a completely different level and we shouldn't feel too bad about that particular spanking. If it's any consolation, the Villa and Brighton ones felt worse 🤷‍♂️

This is way too sunny and makes excuses for the fact that nobody on or off the field is learning from our succession of hammerings and humiliations.

You're excusing 0-6 at home because lesser sides put 5 past us and, like Arsenal, declared.

However Manchester City only scored 4 times in 200 minutes against the same players and we "only" shipped 2 at home to Liverpool - which had immediately followed that 0-5 at Vincent Kompany.

It's this kind of acceptance that grates. I, and practically any other Blade, is going to realise that we'll be outclassed by the likes of Arsenal and will probably lose. To lose like we are doing is beyond any kind of excuse.

We're football's equivalent of Ramsey Bolton's plaything. We reek.

We have to be better than our best, yes doesn't make sense, for 90 minutes to compete this season. We are not playing anywhere near and thus... .we get thumped. Most fans will accept defeat if the effort is evident. Lacking in all areas from desire to quality. Confidence gone, desire to compete gone, season gone. Tough to accept.

"Pathetic Blades just sit back and watch"
"woeful mob of half hearted flops"
"completely and ultimately embarrassed on their own patch without even a glimpse of fight, retaliation or passion"
"In Premier League terms this is as bad as it gets. A pathetic excuse for a competitive fixture. One of the worst performances by a home side in this proud divisions history"
" The Blades lot accepted their fate from the off"
" 3 Arsenal players could have been blindfolded from the first whistle and they would still have spanked this sorry state of a team"
" The quicker this lot head back to the championship, the better - especially if this is all they have to offer. There was not an ounce of desire"
" Wilder would have got more out of 11 mannequins"
" This one felt different. This smacked of a group of men who had given up, and that is unforgiveable"

What the media said about us. If anyone is trying to sugar coat last night performances then read this. There is no excuse. An embarrassment from start to finish.

"

It should be, yes.

Look at what Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool have done to other teams with far more resources than we have.

This isn't an attack on you, but it almost seems arrogant/delusional for us not to expect to be thrashed by these teams

"Pathetic Blades just sit back and watch"
"woeful mob of half hearted flops"
"completely and ultimately embarrassed on their own patch without even a glimpse of fight, retaliation or passion"
"In Premier League terms this is as bad as it gets. A pathetic excuse for a competitive fixture. One of the worst performances by a home side in this proud divisions history"
" The Blades lot accepted their fate from the off"
" 3 Arsenal players could have been blindfolded from the first whistle and they would still have spanked this sorry state of a team"
" The quicker this lot head back to the championship, the better - especially if this is all they have to offer. There was not an ounce of desire"
" Wilder would have got more out of 11 mannequins"
" This one felt different. This smacked of a group of men who had given up, and that is unforgiveable"

What the media said about us. If anyone is trying to sugar coat last night performances then read this. There is no excuse. An embarrassment from start to finish.

"

Well its the media's fault for choosing to feature this match. Jamie Carragher should direct his anger at Sky, his employers, rather than at us. I wonder what he made of this:

Well its the media's fault for choosing to feature this match. Jamie Carragher should direct his anger at Sky, his employers, rather than at us. I wonder what he made of this:

Carragher isn't a journalist. These are comments from the national press.

This is way too sunny and makes excuses for the fact that nobody on or off the field is learning from our succession of hammerings and humiliations.

You're excusing 0-6 at home because lesser sides put 5 past us and, like Arsenal, declared.

However Manchester City only scored 4 times in 200 minutes against the same players and we "only" shipped 2 at home to Liverpool - which had immediately followed that 0-5 at Vincent Kompany.

It's this kind of acceptance that grates. I, and practically any other Blade, is going to realise that we'll be outclassed by the likes of Arsenal and will probably lose. To lose like we are doing is beyond any kind of excuse.

We're football's equivalent of Ramsey Bolton's plaything. We reek.

Look, if people are alright wallowing in despair at our plight, fair play. Me, I'd rather find ways for it to not to ruin my week(end) and look for things to keep me on the up and up. I'm not saying I'm okay with the season, squad, board, tactics, effort, quality(lack) balti pies, 1st team training facilities or the Piss River in the Kop Bogs, it's a fucking shambles, but I'm certainly not going to let it ruin the rest of my life either.

Look at what Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool have done to other teams with far more resources than we have.

This isn't an attack on you, but it almost seems arrogant/delusional for us not to expect to be thrashed by these teams
Unfortunately, I do expect us to be thrashed by the top sides. When I began my (tortuous) love affair with the Blades I approached games against the top sides (and Manchester United in particular) expecting defeat, but we generally gave them a game and sometimes beat them.

The fact that it is now delusional to expect anything but a spanking says more about the state of football than our team.

To all of those that said the creation of the Premiership (or whatever it was called when it started, because changing its name is typical of the marketing fluff the whole thing is) and the control by TV money was a bad thing. You were right.

I can't make any excuses for those last few games (except maybe that 10 men against Brighton distorted things), but the reality is I didn't really care last night. That to me is more worrying than the state of affairs on the pitch.

If I don't care any more (and I haven't really since the pandemic), then nothing else matters, does it?

Not being funny but if we were playing Real Madrid would our reaction still be the same?
Blades in Champions league playing Real Madrid and getting thumped yes our reaction would be the same

Back
Top Bottom