Should we be playing 4-3-3 with the current players?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Keep watching us fall apart and can see we need something different, our defence has been poor this season so far, well, since our new "defence" coach arrived anyway, and we desperately miss Baldock helping out, as Bogle isn't very good defensively at all.
I don't understand why we dont use the players we have better?
Trusty and Bash are just sat doing nothing, and 2 up top isn't working, so why not try 4 at the back, a flat 3 or midfield diamond, with a number 10?
Or just 3 up top??
The 5-3-2 isn't working for us, what have we got to lose??
Something like:
Wes
Bash Anel Trusty Robbo

Davies Souza Hamer

Mcatee Archer Mcburnie

Egan hasn't been great, so he misses out, Baldock is injured, Bogle hasn't been very good for me, Thomas has done well, but I've gone with Robbo/Hamer on the left.
It might not work, but something has to be done?

Take away the little goal threat we have? Bit to risky for me.

Thought the back 5 worked well defensively against spurs unitl we had injurys
Id give it one more go without egan fucking everything up and see how it goes
Trusty deserves a start now either on the right of a three
Down the middle of a three or as part of a two

Thought the back 5 worked well defensively against spurs unitl we had injurys
Id give it one more go without egan fucking everything up and see how it goes
Trusty deserves a start now either on the right of a three
Down the middle of a three or as part of a two
But we need Baldock for that, and he should be wearing the armband whilst doing it!

Keep watching us fall apart and can see we need something different, our defence has been poor this season so far, well, since our new "defence" coach arrived anyway, and we desperately miss Baldock helping out, as Bogle isn't very good defensively at all.
I don't understand why we dont use the players we have better?
Trusty and Bash are just sat doing nothing, and 2 up top isn't working, so why not try 4 at the back, a flat 3 or midfield diamond, with a number 10?
Or just 3 up top??
The 5-3-2 isn't working for us, what have we got to lose??
Something like:
Wes
Bash Anel Trusty Robbo

Davies Souza Hamer

Mcatee Archer Mcburnie

Egan hasn't been great, so he misses out, Baldock is injured, Bogle hasn't been very good for me, Thomas has done well, but I've gone with Robbo/Hamer on the left.
It might not work, but something has to be done?
A back four? Rewatch the period of the Newcastle match from half time until the 74th minute when we brought Basham on and tell me we should play four at the back.

That period of the match was a non-league vs champions league 16-0 match up, one of the most anxiety inducing episodes of play of ever seen watching the Blades

A back four? Rewatch the period of the Newcastle match from half time until the 74th minute when we brought Basham on and tell me we should play four at the back.

That period of the match was a non-league vs champions league 16-0 match up, one of the most anxiety inducing episodes of play of ever seen watching the Blades
We were just as bad with a back 3, theres no real argument, other than the defence coach wants kicking in the bollocks.

We were just as bad with a back 3, theres no real argument, other than the defence coach wants kicking in the bollocks.
We absolutely weren’t, that period they were absolutely flying through us and would’ve breezed into double figures until we went back to three at the back.

We could’ve been drawing at half time, the last 25 minutes we made daft mistake that lead to an extra goal.

But that period with 4 at the back the basic shape and set up of the team was an absolute dogs dinner and we were lucky they only scored 4 in that period.

We absolutely weren’t, that period they were absolutely flying through us and would’ve breezed into double figures until we went back to three at the back.

We could’ve been drawing at half time, the last 25 minutes we made daft mistake that lead to an extra goal.

But that period with 4 at the back the basic shape and set up of the team was an absolute dogs dinner and we were lucky they only scored 4 in that period.
We couldve been drawing at half time!!!??? What absolute bollocks!
We were out played from beginning to end, 3-0 down at half time shows there was no chance we couldve been level!
Were you actually there to witness how bad we were!?

We were out played from beginning to end, 3-0 down at half time shows there was no chance we couldve been level!
We coukd have been 3 up

At least one if not two of the goals shoud've been disallowed and we could've scored two. Also, i said we 'could' have been drawing so thats not to say we were necessarily as good as newcastle.

My point, which is still correct, is that we were miles better with three at the back. Saying we should still go 4 at the back after what happened last week is utter idiocy

At least one if not two of the goals shoud've been disallowed and we could've scored two. Also, i said we 'could' have been drawing so thats not to say we were necessarily as good as newcastle.

My point, which is still correct, is that we were miles better with three at the back. Saying we should still go 4 at the back after what happened last week is utter idiocy
I didn't say we should go 4 at the back, I simply asked if we should, given the players we have and the shite defending we've seen so far this season.
And I also asked, were you actually there to see it??

Until they scored we were the better side and had three chances to their none
We weren't the better side at all, we simply played a high tempo first 10 mins, then we looked knackered and fell apart, the chances we had weren't brilliant, they were just chances, and none were near going in.

We weren't the better side at all, we simply played a high tempo first 10 mins, then we looked knackered and fell apart, the chances we had weren't brilliant, they were just chances, and none were near going in.
Youre not making any sense

Similar to the early chances vs Newcastle then really

Playing a centre back (on a yellow card) at right back against a fast winger and another centre back (Egan) who throughout his career has proven time and time again he can’t operate in a back 4.

Second half against Newcastle should not be used to dismiss going to a back 4 as it was a cobbled together effort full of strange decisions by the manager.

I'm not making sense?, you've just said "we were the better side"! And I'm not making sense!!??
Until they scored we were the better side and had three chances to their none
Its pretty simple what i said and much harder to misunderstand so your reply doesnt make sense
It disagrees with me
Then it agrees with me then it just gets a bit stupid

Its pretty simple what i said and much harder to misunderstand so your reply doesnt make sense

It disagrees with me
Then it agrees with me then it just gets a bit stupid
None of it agrees with you, and how does it get stupid?, thinking we were the better team, well that's stupid, thinking we coludve been 3 up from the 3 shots we had, thats also stupid, did you actually see them??
And my reply makes perfect sense, to anyone that actually saw the game first hand anyway.

None of it agrees with you, and how does it get stupid?, thinking we were the better team, well that's stupid, thinking we coludve been 3 up from the 3 shots we had, thats also stupid, did you actually see them??
And my reply makes perfect sense, to anyone that actually saw the game first hand anyway.
I really cant explain it any clearer than i just have

Rose tinted glasses are obviously being worn.
Its not exactly turning the table upside down to say we could have been 3 up in a game we lost 8 -0
Just that sometimes people like you who wallow in self pity need putting straight

Back
Top Bottom