Player Suggestion Cameron Archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score
Why are we not looking at him? Unlikely to get many minutes at Villa this season, would answer our creativity issues. I'm thinking he'd have a similar impact as MGW at Forest

Why are we not looking at him? Unlikely to get many minutes at Villa this season, would answer our creativity issues. I'm thinking he'd have a similar impact as MGW at Forest
He's not available apparently.
Seems Villa need a few home grown players in their squad.

Villa going for Rogers, does that mean Archer might be staying

Villa going for Rogers, does that mean Archer might be staying

Surely not

1) Archer not exactly getting lots of playing time under Wilder
2) We need that money back badly when we go down

He's not very Good though is he?
His pressing is lundstram esque
He telegraphs his sole intention to get it on his right foot and shoot
He's too slow
Not strong enough
Lazy
Greedy
No left foot
Takes too many touches
Apart from that gerrim signed

Villa considering selling Ramsey to raise funds to meet profit & sustainability regulations, according to bbc football, hope they've enough to pay us back

But...

They could accept a bid for him the day after he re-signs.

"Go on then Chris, chuck us £10m and he's yours!"
I'd expect Villa to receive better bids than that for him - the newly promoted clubs are likely to be keen.

Also, not sure why Archer would be so desperate to stay at Utd (on reduced wages) especially when he's being played out of position.

He'll go back as per the agreement, Souza and Anel will leave, and McAtee will return to Man City. That quite a few holes Wilder will need to fill with limited funds

Last edited:
Villa considering selling Ramsey to raise funds to meet profit & sustainability regulations, according to bbc football, hope they've enough to pay us back
Imagine if they got themselves into a position where they went over FFP/PSR because they were obliged to repay us - would be pretty funny (though really stupid from them).

I'd expect Villa to receive better bids than that for him - the newly promoted clubs are likely to be keen.

Also, not sure why Archer would be so desperate to stay at Utd (on reduced wages) especially when he's being played out of position.

He'll go back as per the agreement, Souza and Anel will leave, and McAtee will return to Man City. That quite a few holes Wilder will need to fill with limited funds
I think if Archer, Souza and Anel are sold, I can't see funds being a significant issue for the rebuild.
We're roughly at cost zero for this season, factoring our FFP loan of Archer so I'd have thought at least £20-30m would be available for the rebuild, if those players are sold for a sensible value, it just depends on where the manager wants to spend it, fees or (loan) wages?

Last edited:
Archer won’t be sold to anyone other than Villa, when we’re relegated. We’ve basically loaned him for a season.

I’m not sure why people are including him in any championship plan. Wilder certainly doesn’t seem to be.

Imagine if they got themselves into a position where they went over FFP/PSR because they were obliged to repay us - would be pretty funny (though really stupid from them
And they go down amd Archers still ours & still a premiership player🤞

My understanding is Villa have an option rather than an obligation to buy him back if (when) we go down, same with the other lad they sold to Burnley. They may well exercise that based on his potential, but I can’t imagine they’d purposely tip themselves over FFP to do so.

If they opt not to, I’d expect other clubs to come in. Villa can’t stop us selling to another club or stop Archer choosing to go elsewhere, there is just an arrangement that if we go down we are forced to accept a bid from Villa of whatever the pre-agreed price was. If they don’t want him we can ask other clubs for more (not saying they would pay it!!)

They have an obligation to buy if we get relegated, that was one reason for the delay in signing him as he was sorting out the terms of his deal if he were obliged to go back.
about time legislation was introduced introduced with clear guidelines to stop this and for that matter clearly define what penalties should be imposed if clubs break rules.

Whilst it’s unlikely if Wilder stays here etc the obligation is only to buy back, who knows after that, still a scenario where he likes it that much he might still end up here, even if very unlikely

My understanding is Villa have an option rather than an obligation to buy him back if (when) we go down, same with the other lad they sold to Burnley. They may well exercise that based on his potential, but I can’t imagine they’d purposely tip themselves over FFP to do so.

If they opt not to, I’d expect other clubs to come in. Villa can’t stop us selling to another club or stop Archer choosing to go elsewhere, there is just an arrangement that if we go down we are forced to accept a bid from Villa of whatever the pre-agreed price was. If they don’t want him we can ask other clubs for more (not saying they would pay it!!)
This is what I understood it to be

There’s zero option. It’s a mandatory buy back. They’ve already agreed a new contract should/when he go back, the deal took longer as it needed approval from the EPL.

There’s zero option. It’s a mandatory buy back. They’ve already agreed a new contract should/when he go back, the deal took longer as it needed approval from the EPL.
What a bizarre deal, it amazes me the new ways teams come up with the bend rules and find loopholes. Makes a mockery of the loan rules between PL clubs really doesn’t it?

its obligation, not option

What a bizarre deal, it amazes me the new ways teams come up with the bend rules and find loopholes. Makes a mockery of the loan rules between PL clubs really doesn’t it?
Can't see the big whooo arrrrrh regarding Archer,done next to nowt during his time here ,yet Jimmy Ramble is walking round with a perminate hard on about him,One has shown much more potential ,when he goes back to Villa no big loss

Can't see the big whooo arrrrrh regarding Archer,done next to nowt during his time here ,yet Jimmy Ramble is walking round with a perminate hard on about him,One has shown much more potential ,when he goes back to Villa no big loss

Indeed this, he's been distinctly underwhelming and for me shouldn't even be starting at this point

He also was raving how Luke Thomas would be a very good signing for us when he first joined :rolleyes:

Agreed, in a way it protects us from another potential Brewster situation. Try before you (actually) buy and all that.

He's not very Good though is he?
His pressing is lundstram esque
He telegraphs his sole intention to get it on his right foot and shoot
He's too slow
Not strong enough
Lazy
Greedy
No left foot
Takes too many touches
Apart from that gerrim signed
Not a fan of his ?

Back
Top Bottom