BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Afternoon all, we finally found time to record the next episode - here's Roygbiv and me looking back at the good and bad of the last four games, and ahead to Reading tomorrow night:

Thanks for listening, and for your patience!

Listened to pod on my drive (up) to Reading. Congratulations Ben (two is hard work!). Also hope your Mum is alright, Andrew.

Afternoon all, new pod here - just a quick one as I didn't manage to see the game, but Roygbiv had boots on the ground as anyone who's seen his sweary turn on Shoreham View will know. We also look ahead to what seems certain to be a tight one vs Luton, discuss the Dozy sighting and the general state of play in the Championship:

Thanks for listening!

Afternoon all, new pod here - just a quick one as I didn't manage to see the game, but Roygbiv had boots on the ground as anyone who's seen his sweary turn on Shoreham View will know. We also look ahead to what seems certain to be a tight one vs Luton, discuss the Dozy sighting and the general state of play in the Championship:

Thanks for listening!

As always a great (well balanced pod). Really appreciated. Roygbiv thinks the weather is bad there, look what we have to put up with.

1678406181339.png

I realised yesterday that in around 6 weeks Bladespod has gone from being "this squad is brilliant and we only need an average end to the season to be sure of going up" to "christ this is dismal and we're probably not going up".

Keep up the good work though and hopefully the former comes true and not the latter.

Were it not for Boro winning every match we probably would have been fine with an average finish to the season.

I realised yesterday that in around 6 weeks Bladespod has gone from being "this squad is brilliant and we only need an average end to the season to be sure of going up" to "christ this is dismal and we're probably not going up".

Keep up the good work though and hopefully the former comes true and not the latter.

Ha! Actually seeing it written down like that does sort of remind me that it's kind of still true (the first part). If we go win-loss-win-loss for the rest of the season we'd end on 85 points which in most seasons should be enough (seven out of twelve with a draw or two on top would be ideal!). Which I guess is why we're still bookies' favourites. The problem is that winning six out of twelve suddenly feels like an ask after the last month or so, which is sort of absurd on the face of it but there we are. And, as Gimli says, it also suddenly feels like an ask for Boro to drop points in even a handful of their remaining games.

I still think a fairly average end to the season would probably have been enough. Winning 2 from 6 has really set us back. Imagine if we had won just one more of those games. 6 points clear with a game in hand and Boro with only 10 to play.

I really thought we had enough to pick up enough points with the way we were playing despite the obvious concerns with the performances. I really didn't think we'd lose all our games against Boro, Millwall, Blackburn and Luton but here we are. The latter 3 of those are just as average as us really and we lost all 3 by one goal. If we had stepped it up even slightly against any of them we'd be sat here feeling much more confident. It's the fact we didn't turn up at all to any of those games that has really knocked my optimism. One poor performance against a decent side is forgivable but three in a month is naturally going to change your outlook on this squad.

Ha! Actually seeing it written down like that does sort of remind me that it's kind of still true (the first part). If we go win-loss-win-loss for the rest of the season we'd end on 85 points which in most seasons should be enough (seven out of twelve with a draw or two on top would be ideal!). Which I guess is why we're still bookies' favourites. The problem is that winning six out of twelve suddenly feels like an ask after the last month or so, which is sort of absurd on the face of it but there we are. And, as Gimli says, it also suddenly feels like an ask for Boro to drop points in even a handful of their remaining games.

I still think a fairly average end to the season would probably have been enough. Winning 2 from 6 has really set us back. Imagine if we had won just one more of those games. 6 points clear with a game in hand and Boro with only 10 to play.

I really thought we had enough to pick up enough points with the way we were playing despite the obvious concerns with the performances. I really didn't think we'd lose all our games against Boro, Millwall, Blackburn and Luton but here we are. The latter 3 of those are just as average as us really and we lost all 3 by one goal. If we had stepped it up even slightly against any of them we'd be sat here feeling much more confident. It's the fact we didn't turn up at all to any of those games that has really knocked my optimism. One poor performance against a decent side is forgivable but three in a month is naturally going to change your outlook on this squad.

I agree with the original assertion that average form would have been fine and that what we're on now is far from average. It was a comment that the normally fairly upbeat Bladespod now seems to have come to the same realisation as the rest of us that we really need to up our performance levels to stand a chance of promotion. It's stark when you look at that section of the season when we were playing good, attacking and entertaining football.

Roygbiv comment that we look "shot" is the one for me. We really do and apart from a few of the younger/fringe lads coming in and pulling some performances out of nowhere I fear for the rest of the season.

The record against the rest of the top 6 gives me no expectation that we'll beat any of them over 2 games in the play offs either and we all know what play off finals mean to the Blades. FML

I agree with the original assertion that average form would have been fine and that what we're on now is far from average. It was a comment that the normally fairly upbeat Bladespod now seems to have come to the same realisation as the rest of us that we really need to up our performance levels to stand a chance of promotion. It's stark when you look at that section of the season when we were playing good, attacking and entertaining football.

Roygbiv comment that we look "shot" is the one for me. We really do and apart from a few of the younger/fringe lads coming in and pulling some performances out of nowhere I fear for the rest of the season.

The record against the rest of the top 6 gives me no expectation that we'll beat any of them over 2 games in the play offs either and we all know what play off finals mean to the Blades. FML

It would also help if I realised there were 10 games left for us to get another 18 points when I wrote that comment above, not 12 games.

On the plus side, win tonight, go 7 points clear with only 9 to play, we're pissing it :D

It would also help if I realised there were 10 games left for us to get another 18 points when I wrote that comment above, not 12 games.

On the plus side, win tonight, go 7 points clear with only 9 to play, we're pissing it :D

Afternoon all, new pod is out - Roygbiv and I feeling much more chipper after a big response from the Blades last night. Lots of positive things to say about Heckingbottom's team selection and the way we shut the game down, and massive credit to the players who came into the lineup as well as the ones who dropped out and looked like they had a point to prove when they came on... we also look at our cup QF with Blackburn this weekend. Nice to be feeling upbeat again eh! Cheers for listening.

Afternoon all, new pod is out - Roygbiv and I feeling much more chipper after a big response from the Blades last night. Lots of positive things to say about Heckingbottom's team selection and the way we shut the game down, and massive credit to the players who came into the lineup as well as the ones who dropped out and looked like they had a point to prove when they came on... we also look at our cup QF with Blackburn this weekend. Nice to be feeling upbeat again eh! Cheers for listening.

Enjoyed that, back to your upbeat selves.

Back
Top Bottom