BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with Roy on if Sharp scores the winner Wednesday night. Although, rather than setting fire to himself, I'd suggest he just runs into the stand and be carried off down London Road from there.

Just watched the behind the blades video and straight after the pen is awarded anel says to the ref
He touched the ball first and the ref says he never touched the ball
At half time mccoist and dixon kept showing replays where it seemed jebbo did get a touch particularly from one angle
But it was slight
That's why some at home thought it wasn't a pen

I was one of those who thought there was an offside in the build up to the pen, we were pretty much in line with our defensive line at the time, maybe it had been a new ‘phase of play’ maybe he wasn’t offside, but I’m old enough to remember Lundstrams big toe so if it was offside that would be annoying

Not to be picky guys, whilst Luton will only have 2 games left after tonight - we will have 4. Overcoming a 13 goal swing won't need them to win 5-0 on the last day of we lose all our games 2-0 and they win next week 2-0.

Not likely, but not quite as unlikely as suggested.

Not to be picky guys, whilst Luton will only have 2 games left after tonight - we will have 4. Overcoming a 13 goal swing won't need them to win 5-0 on the last day of we lose all our games 2-0 and they win next week 2-0.

Not likely, but not quite as unlikely as suggested.

Ah yes of course. All the more reason to go hard for the DUB tomorrow.

Ah yes of course. All the more reason to go hard for the DUB tomorrow.
In fairness last nights result probably makes a GD overhaul less likely that it already was.

To give Luton the best chance of drawing equal with us on points, and making up goals, we'd probably now have to go D2, L2 (and they go W2) - which means they would need to make up a 12 goals swing (because they improved by 1 last night) in 2 of their games and 2 of ours - rather than us having 4 games to lose ground its now only 2 for us.

So we'd have to lose 2 games 3-0, they'd have to win their two games 3-0, and we'd then have to draw our other two games.

1st. Or is that not a thing on this thread?
Seriously massive thanks to yourself and Roy, as well as all the other Blades podcasters who have helped while away the days between games this season .

Won't pretend this is the most analytical and thought-out of episodes, but Roygbiv and I ramble our way through some tired-but-giddy immediate reactions to a fantastic night at the Lane here. Cheers for listening!

Got that one out quick !

1st. Or is that not a thing on this thread?
Seriously massive thanks to yourself and Roy, as well as all the other Blades podcasters who have helped while away the days between games this season .
I mean - you are literally post #672 rather than post #2 - it may be a thing - but its been gone a long time...

I should coco will be spitting feathers

Thanks for your patience, in fairness to Roygbiv's garden centre-ing I was also trooping around Yorkshire Wildlife Park yesterday so it's also my fault for not being available :) Anyway, here's our post-Preston pod, relishing a victory lap performance against a fairly-pathetic Preston, and John Fleck getting one more goal for the road (possibly). Plus we also compare this promotion to the 2019 Chris Wilder-led one, and revisit our preseason "How To Win Promotion" blueprint to see whether Hecky was listening or not:

Perfect listening for my weekly trip on the train to the office in sunny Rotherham.

I'd like to say though that I don't agree with the view that Preston were awful or pathetic. I've now seen this on a number of threads. We always complain on the View From threads about other teams fans moaning they were rubbish and that's why we beat them and now we're compounding those views. I thought we played really well, a much more open performance than we've seen recently, obviously because promotion has been achieved. I think the difference was that a draw was no good to them so they had to keep trying to attack us, which basically played into our hands and we were excellent on the counter attack, using Jebbo's pace.

Perfect listening for my weekly trip on the train to the office in sunny Rotherham.

I'd like to say though that I don't agree with the view that Preston were awful or pathetic. I've now seen this on a number of threads. We always complain on the View From threads about other teams fans moaning they were rubbish and that's why we beat them and now we're compounding those views. I thought we played really well, a much more open performance than we've seen recently, obviously because promotion has been achieved. I think the difference was that a draw was no good to them so they had to keep trying to attack us, which basically played into our hands and we were excellent on the counter attack, using Jebbo's pace.

IMO it's a case of "both things can be true" - I thought we were great, could easily have had a couple more with better finishing and that's allowing for the fact that some of the squad had had a heavy few days. I do think it was a very limp performance from a team who needed a win to get in the playoffs though - they only had two shots in the first half and were all over the place at the back even before we made it 2-1. Ryan Lowe sort of agreed :)

IMO it's a case of "both things can be true" - I thought we were great, could easily have had a couple more with better finishing and that's allowing for the fact that some of the squad had had a heavy few days. I do think it was a very limp performance from a team who needed a win to get in the playoffs though - they only had two shots in the first half and were all over the place at the back even before we made it 2-1. Ryan Lowe sort of agreed :)
That’s an almost Wilder like interview

Back
Top Bottom