BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Hello S2,

I've been a bit wary of cluttering up the forum with posts for every new episode of the podcast, but at the same time I have seen a few people (who aren't on Twitter) who would like to be aware of when a new ep comes out - so I thought I'd borrow an idea from Tufty Club and just chuck them all into a single thread from here on.

That way for those who are interested, there'll be a quick place to find them. And for those that DGAF, you'll only have 1 thread to ignore instead of multiple :D

Below is the latest episode, and you can click here for every episode on Soundcloud, here for every episode on Apple, and here for every episode on Spotify.

In this episode, Roygbiv returns from his time stealing mobility scooters and we go through each of the Blades' new signings, along with thoughts on players who've departed BDTBL, and our overall transfer strategy / approach over the last few months. Also some words on Iliman Ndiaye signing that contract, Kean Bryan heading back to the Premier League, and finally a look ahead to the weekend and how Peterborough have fared so far this season, and what we might expect from the game.

Thanks very much, as always, to anyone who listens, and UTB.

Much appreciated.

I'm not on Twitter so I appreciate the heads up and I'll give it a listen.

I thought I'd borrow an idea from Tufty Club and just chuck them all into a single thread from here on

Let me know if nobody abuses you and tells you they don't like podcasts, (despite you clearly putting it in the thread title) and I'll post something negative about you and explain why podcasts are 'rubbish'.

No, no, you're welcome; no thanks needed.

Afternoon S2! Latest episode is here, discussing the magnificent 6-2 win over Peterborough this weekend with Roygbiv - a whole lot of excitement about the impact of Ndiaye and Gibbs-White, plus Billy Sharp's hat-trick of assists, a return to form for John Fleck, and so many others who contributed to our best performance in... 50 games?

Also includes a look ahead to Peterborough tomorrow night.

I've said it on the pod but I'll apologise here too - my voice is absolutely wrecked for some reason. It was starting to go a bit last week but I think celebrating six goals finished it off. Anyway, hope it's not too grating, and thank you for listening.

PS: This was recorded before Guedioura signed, we'll talk about him on Wednesday's pod.

Afternoon S2! Latest episode is here, discussing the magnificent 6-2 win over Peterborough this weekend with Roygbiv - a whole lot of excitement about the impact of Ndiaye and Gibbs-White, plus Billy Sharp's hat-trick of assists, a return to form for John Fleck, and so many others who contributed to our best performance in... 50 games?

Also includes a look ahead to Peterborough tomorrow night.

I've said it on the pod but I'll apologise here too - my voice is absolutely wrecked for some reason. It was starting to go a bit last week but I think celebrating six goals finished it off. Anyway, hope it's not too grating, and thank you for listening.

PS: This was recorded before Guedioura signed, we'll talk about him on Wednesday's pod.

Looking forward to playing Peterborough every week ;) sorry couldn’t resist

Afternoon all,

Well, a bit of a sickener at the end there, but Roygbiv and myself did find more than a few positives among the big steaming piles of frustration. Sadly there's not much defending one of our defenders in particular, although it was another impressive showing from Morgan Gibbs-White and a brilliant team move for what should have been a winning goal by Sander Berge. We also discuss the signing of Adlene Guedioura, announced literal minutes after we recorded the last episode (thaaaanks), Daniel Johnson somehow turning into Ronaldo whenever he plays us, getting ticked off at timewasting, and finally what to expect from this weekend's trip to Hull City.

Thanks as always for listening!

How do S2,

Latest episode is out now, with Roygbiv and I reflecting on Sharp marking his 300th appearance in the most inevitable way possible, United actually scoring from set-pieces, Guedioura's debut, and voicing some concerns over Brewster. Plus, a quick chat about tomorrow's cup game with Southampton, and a longer look at next weekend's visitors, Derby County.

Thanks very much for listening, appreciate it as always.

Afternoon all,

New episode is up - Roygbiv and I talking about Sharp having the last word against an impressively resilient Derby County, some worries over our fullbacks, an appreciation of Ben Davies, and a hat-tip to Phil Jagielka on his 700th club appearance. Plus, we look ahead to an evening with Neil aka tomorrow's game with Boro.

Thanks as always for listening!

When you say “is it harder to play against 10 men”

It all depends on which player is sent off.
With their goalie being sent off they were able to bring on a new keeper
and sacrifice their weakest, least effective outfield player…so Derby weren‘t as weakened as you would expect.

Afternoon all,

New episode is up, with Roygbiv and I taking a longer look at the season so far, the Bournemouth game, discussing how our opinions have changed over those 11 games, and then in the second half of the episode, talking about which players' stock has risen since preseason... and which players' stock has nosedived. Thanks for listening, UTB!

Thanks for your continued efforts and I for one, really enjoy them.

There's a good balance between Beans and Roygbiv and a nice 'jaundiced-pissed-off-clappers' theme. A proper pod for a fan and I find myself nodding along to so much of it.

Keep them coming lads, keep them coming.

Thanks for your continued efforts and I for one, really enjoy them.

There's a good balance between Beans and Roygbiv and a nice 'jaundiced-pissed-off-clappers' theme. A proper pod for a fan and I find myself nodding along to so much of it.

Keep them coming lads, keep them coming.

Cheers for that mate

Evening S2,

Bit later than intended with the Stoke City recap pod, apologies to anyone who was waiting - work/life got in the way. Anyway, here is a fairly-speedy episode with Roygbiv and I reviewing a good win over Stoke, including a game-changing cameo from that man David McGoldrick. Thanks as always for listening, and UTB.

Thanks again lads.

Anyway, here is a fairly-speedy episode

Yes, a Usain Bolt like 55 minutes.

I completely agree with your points about MGW putting a shift in. As you say, a youngish lad on loan from the Prem' doesn't always want to work hard and cover the hard miles. He did, without being particularly spectacular and credit to the lad for showing another part of his game. If he carries on like this, the lad will be a nailed on PL regular for somebody.

Liked Roygbiv 's comments on Mousse. He did put himself about and watching him close up form the Kop, you could see how uncomfortable their defenders were, being dragged around to cover him. Once he'd scored, he was like a fired up little kid wanting another. Personally I thought he looked better too. He's certainly got some weight but doesn't look fat and managed to cover some ground in his short spell. The jury is still out though, whether he can ever do much more than half a game.

As a big Billy fan, I also liked your appreciation of the work he does. In the same way that in the 90s, Deano was the best crosser of a ball in the club, Billy is superb with short passes to thread people in. He really has developed over his career, from an out and out goal scorer to being much more of a team player.

Evening S2,

Bit later than intended with the Stoke City recap pod, apologies to anyone who was waiting - work/life got in the way. Anyway, here is a fairly-speedy episode with Roygbiv and I reviewing a good win over Stoke, including a game-changing cameo from that man David McGoldrick. Thanks as always for listening, and UTB.

Cheers as always, fellas. Maybe the third of the threesome (ooh err) of Sharp-created chances that you couldn’t quite remember was the cross for MGW’s odd leap headed chance in the 1st half. It was another of Sharp’s lovely little dinked crosses that he seems to be doing every week this season.

Afternoon S2,

Latest episode is here, as Roygbiv and I discuss a weird one against Millwall, not least Jake Cooper's one-man mission to make our lives unpleasant.

Thanks for listening, as always.

Glad to hear you also rated our second half performance in the circumstances. I was baffled by how angry people were around me with the players last night when they seemed to be doing a pretty good job

Another well argued pod and I found myself nodding in agreement with most of it.
Good for you going against the scapegoat tidal wave, and pointing out that Norwood always wants the ball and takes the shit that comes along with it.
I'd forgotten how piss-poor the Swansea reviews were for Hourihane on Roygbiv 's view from, but they certainly make sense now.

Good points too about Slav's positivity and managerial strength in taking Hourihane off.

As you say, some people dismiss XG but they don't always understand it is a yardstick and all about cumulative averages. To know that Didzy's miss had an XG of 0.94 and their two goals together were 0.05, really sums up our night.

Thanks again lads.

Good points too about Slav's positivity and managerial strength in taking Hourihane off.
I liked that Slav took him off, but have to say I hope it doesn't happen again and we get the starting 11 right next time! But then if you looked on here before the match loads were calling for Didzy, and Hourihane was also in demand.

I liked that Slav took him off, but have to say I hope it doesn't happen again and we get the starting 11 right next time! But then if you looked on here before the match loads were calling for Didzy, and Hourihane was also in demand.

I was one of them!

Thanks for still doing these , It’s like therapy! It helps to get over our teams current many flaws . Mainly our terrible defence and not much better midfield! We are soo weak. Driving me crazy at the minute.

How do S2,

Latest pod is here, with Roygbiv and I discussing the Blades' botching it v Blackpool, and also looking ahead to tomorrow's game with Nottingham Forest, including the question of whether we should field an all-ex-Forest XI to try and jinx/confuse our way to victory (spoiler: the answer is no).

Thank you as always for listening!

How do S2,

Latest pod is here, with Roygbiv and I discussing the Blades' botching it v Blackpool, and also looking ahead to tomorrow's game with Nottingham Forest, including the question of whether we should field an all-ex-Forest XI to try and jinx/confuse our way to victory (spoiler: the answer is no).

Thank you as always for listening!

You two have gone pessimistic now, we're screwed.

I expect all my podcast pessimism to come from Deadbat and Webding but now you pair have joined in as well.

Back
Top Bottom