BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers fellas. Enjoyable commute in Tokyo rush hour, and I don’t get to say that too often!

One minor correction is I think Robinson miraculously didn’t actually get booked for his side suplex on Connolly. I think the ref was genuinely impressed and forgot to book him. He got booked much later on for a soft one, presumably a cumulative effort!

Cheers fellas. Enjoyable commute in Tokyo rush hour, and I don’t get to say that too often!

One minor correction is I think Robinson miraculously didn’t actually get booked for his side suplex on Connolly. I think the ref was genuinely impressed and forgot to book him. He got booked much later on for a soft one, presumably a cumulative effort!

My bad you're right, didn't get booked til the 83rd minute! Keep on wrasslin' Jackie

Awaiting the quiet deadline day pod so revisited the Emergency Sander episode. Amusing amount of time spent discussing how good Richario Zivkovic and Panagiotis Retsos would be, and how this showed the Prince was willing to splash the cash. Good memories

Awaiting the quiet deadline day pod so revisited the Emergency Sander episode. Amusing amount of time spent discussing how good Richario Zivkovic and Panagiotis Retsos would be, and how this showed the Prince was willing to splash the cash. Good memories

I re-listened to an old episode yesterday too. I’m afraid to say that I was deeply disappointed to hear Ben and Andrew say that Roger Nilsen was a poor player. He’d genuinely make my all-time (well, since 1983) United XI. A classy and committed player.

So I’m revising my rating of the podcast down to 9.9 / 10.

Sicknote has bailed I am afraid .. Roygbiv

I re-listened to an old episode yesterday too. I’m afraid to say that I was deeply disappointed to hear Ben and Andrew say that Roger Nilsen was a poor player. He’d genuinely make my all-time (well, since 1983) United XI. A classy and committed player.

Woah I never said that about old Roger. I don't think.....

As Harry eludes to I'm under the weather at the moment but we will record as soon as I stop sounding like Sean Dyche

Funny you say this, as this wasn't my perception at the time, but if you look at footage of games Nilsen played in, when we concede goals he's often not standing in the right place, and he makes more than his fair share of errors. Hence over the years I have come round to the same view unfortunately....

Apologies for anyone waiting for a new episode - as Roygbiv says he's still under the weather. I've had people generously offer to step in but I'm struggling to fit in a recording today, and then the Rotherham game is coming up Saturday lunchtime, and this takeover situation seems to be gathering pace... so we've decided to just hold off on recording until after the next game instead.

Plenty to cram into that next episode, at least. I really enjoyed the latest Four Blades In The Pub episode if you're looking for a blades podcast fix and don't listen already, some good discussion around the off-field situation.

Apologies for anyone waiting for a new episode - as Roygbiv says he's still under the weather. I've had people generously offer to step in but I'm struggling to fit in a recording today, and then the Rotherham game is coming up Saturday lunchtime, and this takeover situation seems to be gathering pace... so we've decided to just hold off on recording until after the next game instead.

Plenty to cram into that next episode, at least. I really enjoyed the latest Four Blades In The Pub episode if you're looking for a blades podcast fix and don't listen already, some good discussion around the off-field situation.
Feckin booooooo

you lazy twat

Afternoon all,

Well with Roygbiv still under the weather, YorkBlade very generously volunteered to pop on the podcast and talk about a frustrating draw with Rotherham, the Wrexham cup tie and rematch, keeping our best players on deadline day, and have a chat about the embargo / takeover / general off-field stuff.

Really enjoyed chatting to Hal live from sunny Cyprus, thanks very much to him for agreeing to come on - and thanks to anyone who listens! Apologies again for not getting an episode out last week, especially to the person who called me a lazy twat.

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

Well with Roygbiv still under the weather, YorkBlade very generously volunteered to pop on the podcast and talk about a frustrating draw with Rotherham, the Wrexham cup tie and rematch, keeping our best players on deadline day, and have a chat about the embargo / takeover / general off-field stuff.

Really enjoyed chatting to Hal live from sunny Cyprus, thanks very much to him for agreeing to come on - and thanks to anyone who listens! Apologies again for not getting an episode out last week, especially to the person who called me a lazy twat.

That's it then is it? The old team, on the scrapheap

20230206_140809.jpg

Afternoon all,

For this evening's appearance the role of Prince Secondus will be played by Roygbiv and Septimus by YorkBlade

Last edited:
Glad you clarified the "not playing well" narrative, agree it is very much overplayed.
It needed to be said that, although overall we've been average, we've always deserved to win, just about every game.

Actually I think the frustrating thing is in every game, we have little spells where we look a really good top 2 team
then in the same game we then can't string 3 passes together and look so disjointed and negative, like we're a relegation team scrapping for survival.
Even at home we've recently had long spells where we sit back parking the bus, it's pretty weird and not even acknowledged by Hecky,

Overall we've deserved to win but these extreme hot and extreme cold spells in the game are really concerning,
then Hecky comes on and says how happy he was with the performance. Does he even notice how we totally lose midfield and just boot it out upfield?

Also what is noticeable is how we adjust our standard to be slightly better than the opposition.
When we've played teams near the top (Reading, Blackburn and Burnley), they were all top of the league and we started like a house on fire and blew them away.

Afternoon all,

If Roygbiv has a cold and flu tablet every time YorkBlade mentions he’s moved to Cyprus he might be back in contention for the Wrexham pod

Who needs Ryan Reynolds when we have our very own YorkBlade ?

It's all well and good having your own movie franchise - many do - but few can claim to have interviewed sometime A lister and ball grabber extraordinaire, Mr Vincent Jones, whilst he's tucking into his Jam Rolly Poly! (That was so rude of him by the way).

FWIW I'm with you on the Plymouth keeper. He wouldn't be unaffordable and he seems to have been picking up plaudits for a while now. Though I see the Pigs managed to injure him at the weekend!

Excellent point by YorkBlade regarding communication from the club, re. the takeover. It'd be fairly easy to come out and manage the story, without giving anything away and at the same time, giving fans and other stakeholders, some comfort.

We've seen this radio silence approach to comms for a long time now. The whole Kop closure and surrounding saga could have been communicated.

Instead, our communication strategy seems to be that of a runaway train.

I enjoyed some Blades pod content in a week where the usual players seemingly couldn't be arsed!

Good points on Didzy, true that he wouldn't have got game time here so wouldn't have scored loads of hat tricks despite popular opinion, glad he's playing and thriving elsewhere as he deserves to play.

Afternoon all, well after Hal's appearance last time out, Roygbiv has managed to scrape himself out of bed and join me for a review of the win over Wrexham: another entertaining cup tie with a full debut for Ismaila Coulibaly, Billy Sharp playing angry, and a penalty finally scored at the Bramall Lane end (although not for long).

Thanks for listening!

Afternoon S2, latest pod episode here as Roygbiv and I discuss the win over Swansea, including their maddening commitment to their style, the contrasting finishes of Sander Berge and Jack Robinson, McBurnie bagging against his BFFs, that man Matthew Donohue, and Boro at home midweek. Cheers, as always, for listening!

Back
Top Bottom