BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello S2 - after a few weeks' hiatus, largely due to us watching the World Cup, Roygbiv and I are back with an episode picking up the story so far of United's Championship season ahead of the Huddersfield game, plus we discuss Ndiaye at the World Cup, other United goings-on, and what could be an epic Saturday with the Blades match followed by England v France. Thanks for listening!

Hello S2 - after a few weeks' hiatus, largely due to us watching the World Cup, Roygbiv and I are back with an episode picking up the story so far of United's Championship season ahead of the Huddersfield game, plus we discuss Ndiaye at the World Cup, other United goings-on, and what could be an epic Saturday with the Blades match followed by England v France. Thanks for listening!

My heart fluttered with excitment when my spotify notification said bladespod
Think i will drive the long way home tonight

Many thanks Beans and Roygbiv - you’ve been missed.

Many thanks guys, your pods are a must listen and very enjoyable. For any blades fans who haven't yet discovered Bladespod, I highly recommend it.

Afternoon all, slightly delayed episode but here is Roygbiv and I giving some (fairly brief) thoughts on a dull-but-welcome win over Huddersfield in our first game back, plus some discussion on England's World Cup exit and the final four of the tournament. Cheers for listening, as always!

Ah bollocks, I’m gonna have to try and get my headphones on over my hat now for the walk home.

Afternoon all, slightly delayed episode but here is Roygbiv and I giving some (fairly brief) thoughts on a dull-but-welcome win over Huddersfield in our first game back, plus some discussion on England's World Cup exit and the final four of the tournament. Cheers for listening, as always!

As always, many thanks (from a stifling hot Sydney 😬) for a very entertaining podcast.
With respect to England’s performance, nothing has changed.
As mentioned in numerous other threads in the past, England have a long history of picking conservative teams. Flair players (let’s say game changers) like big Frank Worthington, TC, Hudson, Bowles, Matt Le Tissier hardly ever got a look in. Grealish, whether you like him or not, is a game changer, he comes on in the 96th minutes.
If the same selection process is followed every time, why should a different outcome be expected?
Anyway, as Beans often says, it’s a game of opinions.
Thanks again and looking forward to the next pod.

Thanks for the pod boys, very enjoyable.
Stick to the Blades 😉. Though I did like your disclaimer to those not interested I England.

Nice mention for your postie too. Solidarity

How do S2, tis the last pod before Christmas, and Roygbiv joins me as always to discuss United's moderately-comfortable win over Wigan, Billy Sharp scoring more goyls, Egan's 50p 'ed paying off at last, and a topless Ciaran Clark with a late entry as the funniest footballing moment of the year.

Plus, in a special festive feature, Santa has delivered a handful of presents for select members of the Blades squad, which we open on air. We also have some wildly speculative chat about the potential change of ownership.

Thank you for listening, and a happy Christmas to you and your families.

How do S2, tis the last pod before Christmas, and Roygbiv joins me as always to discuss United's moderately-comfortable win over Wigan, Billy Sharp scoring more goyls, Egan's 50p 'ed paying off at last, and a topless Ciaran Clark with a late entry as the funniest footballing moment of the year.

Plus, in a special festive feature, Santa has delivered a handful of presents for select members of the Blades squad, which we open on air. We also have some wildly speculative chat about the potential change of ownership.

Beans & Roygbiv the podcasts get better and better and are always great entertainment. It's funny you should mention the Blades Christmas presents. Clearly Santa got lost in Sheffield because I found an envelope addressed to you both close to Opera House. Given the constraint of time, there was no way it would get from here to you before Christmas Day, I took the liberty of opening it. I really hope you didn't mind. Anyway, it's just one sheet of paper, a bit crumpled and looks like a photocopy. Some of it's in French and some English. As far as I can make out it's a ten year contract of Illiman Ndiaye to Sheffield United. All things considered, not a bad stocking filler.

Excellent as always. Cheers lads! 👍

Cheers Beans and Roygbiv, another excellent year of Blades pod.
As always it’s top of my podcast list when Spotify unwrapped appears!

Happy Christmas to both of you and your families, and looking forward to another year of Bladespod 2023!

Evening S2, Roygbiv and I managed to finally catch up and do a double-header recap podcast discussing both the Coventry and Blackpool games, as well as the rather rosy-looking situation for United near the top of the league, in our final pod of 2022. Thank you for listening, and happy new year!

Evening S2, Roygbiv and I managed to finally catch up and do a double-header recap podcast discussing both the Coventry and Blackpool games, as well as the rather rosy-looking situation for United near the top of the league, in our final pod of 2022. Thank you for listening, and happy new year!

Fantastic! I literally checked two minutes ago and was secretly disappointed it wasn’t ready yet. Best SUFC pod going.

Evening all, quick-ish pod here from Roygbiv and myself on last night's point at QPR: Egan's eventful night, and the commentary box of nightmares.

Thanks for listening, hope it's more tolerable than Warnock and Hendrie were:

Afternoon S2,

New pod here with Roygbiv in which we discuss Millwall and an excellent 4th round draw. In the second half of the episode, we play "deal or no deal" with the 11 players who are reportedly out of contract this summer - some big names on there including Sharp, McBurnie, Norwood, Wes. The question we try to answer is, should this player get a new contract ASAP, should we give it 6 months to see where we and they are, or should we be informing them that we'll be saying bye-bye come the summer?

Cheers for listening.

Back
Top Bottom