BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Evening all, Roygbiv and I talk over a very, very stupid game of football, as United draw 3-3 with Blackpool. Not sure what's worse - that we only scored three, or that we conceded three - or that Roy somehow missed both red cards because he was taking a wazz.

Thanks for listening and UTB!

Good pod as usual!

I share your anger about that performance, though I was pleased with the point at the end (even though Norwood's goal cost me 375 quid in winnings).

The indiscipline that has crept into the side in recent games, both in terms of sloppy defending and boneheaded behaviour, is a concern.

I was also disappointed to see no half time substitutions given that 3 of the back 5 were awful, with Osborn approaching Lowe vs Watford type standards. Even RND had a poor game though he wasn't as bad as Osborn, Egan and Basham. Less arsing around at the back might have helped. We are normally good at it but not on Saturday.

Mind you, it wasn't just us. Their defence was equally hopeless. Even before the sendings off we had freedom to do just about what we wanted. Ekpiteta in particular was shocking.

Hello S2, I'm not sure you'll be falling over yourselves to listen to Roygbiv and I talk about that one, but we have done so anyway if you'd like some audio accompaniment for 30 minutes of your time. We also talk about Norwich on Saturday - cheers to anyone who listens and UTB.

Evening all, Roygbiv and I recap our highly-entertaining draw with Norwich from the weekend here - talking team selection, McBurnie's cameo, Norwich inexplicably winding everyone up, Davies' mixed home debut, Norwood getting stuck in, and a fair bit more. Thanks for listening!

Happy Halloween Good evening S2 - Roygbiv and I recorded our post-West Brom episode this evening, and here it is for those who would like to listen. We wax lyrical about Ndiaye (of course), have more praise for McBurnie's turnaround, and also for managing a 2-0 lead. Plus, disappointment at West Brom, Didzy's first career hat-trick, and Bristol City away. Thanks as always for listening!

no mention of the kop seating issues......I assume, intentionally. good pod though as always, lads

no mention of the kop seating issues......I assume, intentionally. good pod though as always, lads

To be honest I’ve not really kept on top of it so don’t have a lot to say beyond the surface level. Probably bring it up on the next one, there was a Pinch article on it that I still need to read

Evening all, new episode is out - Roygbiv and I discuss the somewhat fortuitous win at Bristol City, deliberate over Heckingbottom's decision to yoink Khadra after half an hour, look ahead to Burnley and elicit the weekly Partridge reference from Roy. Cheers as always for listening, appreciate it!

PS: Somehow we failed to mention Jack Robinson's crunching slide tackle on the touchline. I regret this as it was delightful.

Evening all, new episode is out - Roygbiv and I discuss the somewhat fortuitous win at Bristol City, deliberate over Heckingbottom's decision to yoink Khadra after half an hour, look ahead to Burnley and elicit the weekly Partridge reference from Roy. Cheers as always for listening, appreciate it!

PS: Somehow we failed to mention Jack Robinson's crunching slide tackle on the touchline. I regret this as it was delightful.

Listen!
It was the podcast or watching the cricket. Podcast 1 Cricket 0. Thanks as always.

Evening all, new pod is out, thanks for your patience for all those who were waiting for it! We've been quite good at keeping them around the 45-50 minute mark recently but I hope you'll allow us to get carried away with a longer pod after Saturday... lots to say about McBurnie, Ndiaye, Norwood, Baldock, set-pieces, and plenty more from another absurdly entertaining game at the Lane. We also preview Rotherham, a game we should definitely win but.... you know, football.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Think you can hold off on this one lads!

No games off! Even if the players didn't seem to get that message on Tuesday.

Anyway, Rotherham pod here for the hardcore / very bored among you. Grumble o'clock although we do also look ahead to Cardiff on Saturday. Cheers very much if you do listen and no hard feelings if you're in the "lol no" camp.

Anyway, Rotherham pod here for the hardcore / very bored among you. Grumble o'clock although we do also look ahead to Cardiff on Saturday. Cheers very much if you do listen and no hard feelings if you're in the "lol no" camp.

Just started to get over it so probably won’t pour salt on a healing wound Ben sorry

Hasn’t appeared on Apple pods yet (phew)…

Thanks Lads!

I usually find the pods after a bad defeat quite cathartic, but that was utterly miserable! 🤣

No "the underlying stats were good"
No "at least we came through without any fresh injury concerns"
No "at least we've got X, Y & Z back for the next game"

Just confirmed that I'm correct in feeling utterly deflated after Tuesday's game...bring on the World Cup break and wrap the healthy players in cotton wool.

(Is the pod title a Chaucer pun?)

Thanks Lads!

I usually find the pods after a bad defeat quite cathartic, but that was utterly miserable! 🤣

No "the underlying stats were good"
No "at least we came through without any fresh injury concerns"
No "at least we've got X, Y & Z back for the next game"

Just confirmed that I'm correct in feeling utterly deflated after Tuesday's game...bring on the World Cup break and wrap the healthy players in cotton wool.

(Is the pod title a Chaucer pun?)

It is, or at least an attempt at one

Just listened to this whilst walking round my local Coop, and who do I see but Reda Khadra. Bladespod was so bleak I couldn’t even manage to give him a little smile

Cheers boys. Was going to listen to this on the way to Cardiff, but I’d have ended up turning round at the Mexborough McDonalds roundabout if I had.

Thankfully I’ve listened early and there’s still time to create a positive narrative. UTB!

Evening all, Roygbiv and I feeling much more upbeat after last week's morose episode, as United continue their impressive away record with a win at Cardiff that keeps us in the automatic spots heading into a much-needed break. We talk Oli Arblaster's full debut, James McAtee changing the game, and George Baldock's furious finish. Plus, some early thoughts on the World Cup break.

Thanks for listening!

Evening all, Roygbiv and I feeling much more upbeat after last week's morose episode, as United continue their impressive away record with a win at Cardiff that keeps us in the automatic spots heading into a much-needed break. We talk Oli Arblaster's full debut, James McAtee changing the game, and George Baldock's furious finish. Plus, some early thoughts on the World Cup break.

Thanks for listening!

Many thanks guys, really appreciated. Always interesting with some great humour.

Great pod Roygbiv and Beans as always.

One correction... if England make the Quarters it definitely won't be 3pm on the Saturday and clash with Huddersfield.

It will be either 7pm on the Friday (if runners up in the group) or 7pm on the Saturday (if winners of the group).

Ah right. I must have completely misread that. Like the idea of Blades then England on Saturday

Great pod Roygbiv and Beans as always.

One correction... if England make the Quarters it definitely won't be 3pm on the Saturday and clash with Huddersfield.

It will be either 7pm on the Friday (if runners up in the group) or 7pm on the Saturday (if winners of the group).

This is correct.

Our works Xmas party is Friday night 9th Dec when the quarter finals are on, so I checked out if it clashed with England.

If we top our group, then if we win our round of 16 match, then the quarter final would be 7pm Saturday 10th Dec
If we finish 2nd in our group, then we win our round of 16 match, then the quarter final would be 7pm Friday 9th Dec.

So I'm wanting us to top the group otherwise England could be playing their quarter final match on a Friday night when our works party is on.

Also in reality the Burnley goal difference isn't better than ours.
In order for us to catch up the 3 pts difference, we need to win and they need to lose.
Even if we only win by just 1 goal and Burnley lose by just 1 goal, we go above Burnley on goal difference by 1 goal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom