BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Evening all, new pod with Roygbiv here, talking about the Preston win. Back next week with a pod looking at the start to the season as a whole, but in the meantime, thanks for listening:

Just got around to listening.
Cracker as usual, but I disagree on the Khadra outlook being "purely fan speculation."
He definitley seemed a little down on the situation in his post-match interview here.

Just got around to listening.
Cracker as usual, but I disagree on the Khadra outlook being "purely fan speculation."
He definitley seemed a little down on the situation in his post-match interview here.

I think you're seeing something that's not there. He's pressed on whether it's been a frustrating start because of the injuries he's had and he answers professionally.

If this is the strongest suggestion that he's unhappy then I'm not seeing it. And to be honest, if he is unhappy, who cares? It's a team game and he either buys in (as he's shown in every minute he's spent on the pitch so far) or fucks off.

Evening all, the Blades are almost back in action - so Roygbiv and I have a new podcast for anyone who would care to listen.

We look at "What's Working + What Isn't" - basically what's gone better than expected, and what could be a potential concern for the rest of the season. We also preview Birmingham and round up a few other odds and sods from the internationl break.

Cheers for listening!

Mentioned it in this ep but me, Roy and Deadbat were all guests on the Rainbow Blades podcast this week too - really enjoyable conversation about some of our best Blades memories, our ultimate Blades 5 a side teams, importance of allyship and plenty more. Can listen to that here if you are so inclined.

Evening all, the Blades are almost back in action - so Roygbiv and I have a new podcast for anyone who would care to listen.

We look at "What's Working + What Isn't" - basically what's gone better than expected, and what could be a potential concern for the rest of the season. We also preview Birmingham and round up a few other odds and sods from the internationl break.

Cheers for listening!

Mentioned it in this ep but me, Roy and Deadbat were all guests on the Rainbow Blades podcast this week too - really enjoyable conversation about some of our best Blades memories, our ultimate Blades 5 a side teams, importance of allyship and plenty more. Can listen to that here if you are so inclined.

Things to worry about - January transfer window?

Things to worry about - January transfer window?

Sorry, meant to reply to this the other day - personally not something I'm worried about just because the club have kind of laid their cards on the table in terms of how much we're likely to demand for players. Feel free to bring up my naivety here when we sell everyone on the cheap in January but I imagine that if we're still in the top 2 we'll hang onto players, and if we're not then it might well make sense to cash in an asset anyway while their value is high. But overall I'd be surprised if we're selling anyone that we don't want to sell, I would have thought the time to do that has just passed.

Sorry, meant to reply to this the other day - personally not something I'm worried about just because the club have kind of laid their cards on the table in terms of how much we're likely to demand for players. Feel free to bring up my naivety here when we sell everyone on the cheap in January but I imagine that if we're still in the top 2 we'll hang onto players, and if we're not then it might well make sense to cash in an asset anyway while their value is high. But overall I'd be surprised if we're selling anyone that we don't want to sell, I would have thought the time to do that has just passed.
Hope you’re right Ben but there’s some putting themselves in the shop window. My worry is the “offer we can’t refuse” for players coming in. Let’s hope not because there’s a chance if we keep them together…. well and get some injured players back of course!

Hope you’re right Ben but there’s some putting themselves in the shop window. My worry is the “offer we can’t refuse” for players coming in. Let’s hope not because there’s a chance if we keep them together…. well and get some injured players back of course!

The reason I'm relaxed about it is because the last 12 months or so (going back to Ramsdale, continuing with Berge, maybe Ndiaye) have shown that the amount that it'll take to get to "offer we can't refuse" is a lot higher than it might have been in years gone by. So gutted as I would be to lose someone like Berge or Ndiaye, I'd be confident we'll get an amount in return where selling is arguably worthwhile given we're trying to be self-sustaining. The question mark is whether we'll be able to find adequate replacements - time will tell on that although the Ahmedhodzic signing is encouraging...

Evening all, apologies for the delay on this one, full disclosure I was too grumpy to talk about the game 24 hours after so Roygbiv generously made time in his schedule to do it today instead. Anyway, we try and pick ourselves up after QPR, talk about what went wrong / what went sort-of right, yet more injuries, and what sort of team we might be cobbling together against an admittedly not-very-good Stoke team who we should probably still be able to get a result against with a fair wind:

Thanks as always for listening.

Evening all, apologies for the delay on this one, full disclosure I was too grumpy to talk about the game 24 hours after so Roygbiv generously made time in his schedule to do it today instead. Anyway, we try and pick ourselves up after QPR, talk about what went wrong / what went sort-of right, yet more injuries, and what sort of team we might be cobbling together against an admittedly not-very-good Stoke team who we should probably still be able to get a result against with a fair wind:

Thanks as always for listening.

Always a fan of the puns in the title

Hello all, new pod is out - Roygbiv and I not feeling too downbeat after the Stoke defeat, even if it does leave us trying to avoid using the "i" word - Brewster's first goal of the season providing a bright spot although seeing Jagielka score against us was a "well, you have to laugh" moment. We also talk back fours and preview the Blackpool game which we probably should win, regardless of what team we're putting out, if we're serious about the top two.

Thanks for listening, and UTB!

Hello all, new pod is out - Roygbiv and I not feeling too downbeat after the Stoke defeat, even if it does leave us trying to avoid using the "i" word - Brewster's first goal of the season providing a bright spot although seeing Jagielka score against us was a "well, you have to laugh" moment. We also talk back fours and preview the Blackpool game which we probably should win, regardless of what team we're putting out, if we're serious about the top two.

Thanks for listening, and UTB!

Great stuff as always lads! 👍

Thanks for restoring my faith in Blades podcast content providers by actually being arsed to do a podcast this week. Yes we were shit and we lost but it was a lot more upbeat than I expected. Cheers Both.

Good stuff, great listening as usual. This is not a criticism, I am amazed how readily you seem to accept the defeat against a poor Stoke side. Yep, I get the injuries etc, but I never accept defeat. Even in the 2nd PL season I was expecting a resurgence and us flying up the league a la Bassets team in the old 1st Div.

As I say great listen, I'm always waiting for it. Good on you for bring bothered as Derek says above.

Good stuff, great listening as usual. This is not a criticism, I am amazed how readily you seem to accept the defeat against a poor Stoke side. Yep, I get the injuries etc, but I never accept defeat. Even in the 2nd PL season I was expecting a resurgence and us flying up the league a la Bassets team in the old 1st Div.

As I say great listen, I'm always waiting for it. Good on you for bring bothered as Derek says above.

Cheers Kiwi. Re: accepting defeat, it’s more “expecting defeat” really. If anything it’s probably influenced by that 2nd PL season that you mention, where it just became apparent that we were clearly overmatched in almost every game and so it would take something a bit out of the ordinary / lucky to get a good result. Which is almost what happened on Saturday - Ndiaye’s shot goes in, maybe we win.

So I guess accepting defeat in this case is more “thinking we’re likely to lose”. The reason I’m not too downbeat about it is because unlike that PL season, I think this team is better than the majority of the competition - we just need to get the players back.

I haven't been as sure that we would lose before a game since The Premier League season. It still pissed me off that we did but it was easier to accept as I simply don't think that 18 was good enough to win the game.

The most frustrating thing is how we got 0 points against one of the poorer sides in the league when just a couple of more of players back would have likely seen us get something. It's without doubt a poor result on paper but an expected one once you look at who we had available.

Maybe it was because I was listening as I did a 12km run at 5.30am, I missed the nuance you both describe 😁😁.

Again thanks for the pod, I love listening to you 2 rattle on. It puts things in perspective and gets me thinking differently. I am a 50 odd year old dinosaur who misses old school football. Your different perspective almost brings me into the brave new world.......but likely never will 😉

Evening all, Roygbiv and I talk over a very, very stupid game of football, as United draw 3-3 with Blackpool. Not sure what's worse - that we only scored three, or that we conceded three - or that Roy somehow missed both red cards because he was taking a wazz.

Thanks for listening and UTB!

Evening all, Roygbiv and I talk over a very, very stupid game of football, as United draw 3-3 with Blackpool. Not sure what's worse - that we only scored three, or that we conceded three - or that Roy somehow missed both red cards because he was taking a wazz.

Thanks for listening and UTB!

Bet Roy was pissed off about that

He could have missed 3, Anel really should have gone too as he was on a yellow.

Good on you both for recognising Norwood. Some of the abuse he gets on here is quite unbelievable.

Norwood is a like punching bag mate aka (thedogsbody), but he is as hard as they come. Could do with previous episodes of misconduct but they helped make and use his reputation as well as other parties. You don't find anybody as electric as him and that's got to be worth a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom