Pre-season 18/19 Blades v Maritimo 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YouFUMS

Reaction score
With this game being less than 3 weeks away, I thought I'd start a thread where we can share info about the trip.
I'm lucky enough to be able to get out there for a week (9th to 16th July) and so will be watching England in the Semi-final and Final while we're out there also.
You can still get return flights for less than 100 quid if you shop around (try skyscanner.net), but I've found that accommodation prices are a bit steep.

The stadium is in Parchal, which is the other side of the River Arade from the resort of Portimao.
Portimao is a big resort with lots of hotels/bars/restaurants and has a fantastic beach.

We will be staying just outside of Albufeira. Again, this is a big bustling resort with plenty to keep you occupied.
Albufeira is about 20 miles (40 minutes) from Parchal by car. I have looked at taxi prices, and you are looking at 40 euro each way for a 4 seater taxi. 12-16 seater taxis will be approx. 75 euro each way.
On game day, we will probably be supping in the old town

So...who off here is going?, where you staying? where are you drinking?

Anyone else going out on the 7am flight from East Mids on Monday 9th?
I'll have a couple of spare seats in the hire car for transfer to Albufeira if anyone needs em.

If you just want a couple of nights in Portugal to take in the match, now is the time to book. Flights from East Midlands to faro, going out on 11th at 10:15, returning 13th at 10:20 just £55 return.

4 of us Tues-Fri from East Mids - staying in Albufeira. For info Cricketers have sorted transport from Albufeira to where the match is being played and back on the Thursday and are taking bookings now, visit their facebook site for info.

2 of us flying from EMA on the 11th and back on the 13th, staying in Portimao but going to the open training session when we land.

Me and 2 mates going over on the 10th back on the 13th to/from EMA.
We're stopping in Portimao, who's up for a few beers Thursday afternoon before walking to the ground (approx half hour walk)

We're staying in Portimao and will no doubt be visiting the local hostelries Thursday and more than likely Wednesday an all.

. For info Cricketers have sorted transport from Albufeira to where the match is being played and back on the Thursday and are taking bookings now, visit their facebook site for info.

Thanks for this, Dronny...good to know

2 of us flying from EMA on the 11th and back on the 13th, staying in Portimao but going to the open training session when we land.
I have 2 spare seats in a hire car for anyone wanting to go straight to the training session from the airport.

At least 4 x buses going from Albufeira next Thursday.
Good effort Blades.
Where are we meeting for the England semi-final on weshday? (Yes, I’m that confident)

Is the open training session going to be at the same venue as the game(Parchal)? Anyone know the details?
We fly out tomorrow for a week. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Me and 2 mates going over on the 10th back on the 13th to/from EMA.
We're stopping in Portimao, who's up for a few beers Thursday afternoon before walking to the ground (approx half hour walk)
Do you fancy meeting up for the semi somewhere in Portimao?

For those of us unable to be in Portugal, does anyone know if there's the slightest possibility of a live stream like last year's Malaga game?

For those of us unable to be in Portugal, does anyone know if there's the slightest possibility of a live stream like last year's Malaga game?

No stream as far as I can see, not on TV, and no one's planning on streaming it via their phone :-(

Back
Top Bottom